WatchYourStep

Tempurpedic Anyone?

My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new bed. We've gone a couple of different times to the stores and have spent 30-40 minutes on each mattress each time. We keep coming back to the Tempurpedics.

One concern I've read in some reviews is that they can get very hot. Do any of you have a Tempurpedic and if so do you find it sleeps hotter than normal beds?

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

YES. You just solved a mystery. My exBF had a really awesome Tempurpedic bed. It was a very firm style but I would die of heat on it at night, always throwing my legs outside the blankets. I chalked it up to the heat of 2 bodies but when we were at my house it was never oven-like.

It was the damn mattress. >:(

Always be kinder than you feel.

I've had one for about ten years, and it is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on, but it does start out cold and hard and before morning, it gets hot.

From what I understand, the newer ones have mostly solved that with some sort of "cool technology" that prevents that heat build-up.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

One of my prohibiting factors in purchasing one is that a lot of the reviews I've read talk about foam memory loss after three years. Have you had an issue with that?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

WatchYourStep

My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new bed. We've gone a couple of different times to the stores and have spent 30-40 minutes on each mattress each time. We keep coming back to the Tempurpedics.

One concern I've read in some reviews is that they can get very hot. Do any of you have a Tempurpedic and if so do you find it sleeps hotter than normal beds?

Thanks

Have you tried Sleep Number? All the Radio Talking Guys love them evidently.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

BIGUN

One of my prohibiting factors in purchasing one is that a lot of the reviews I've read talk about foam memory loss after three years. Have you had an issue with that?

That does happen to a degree, but it has not made it any less comfortable.

My biggest complaint is that it weighs a ton and is very awkward to handle.

LuckyMcSwervy

YES. You just solved a mystery. My exBF had a really awesome Tempurpedic bed. It was a very firm style but I would die of heat on it at night, always throwing my legs outside the blankets. I chalked it up to the heat of 2 bodies but when we were at my house it was never oven-like.

Hardly a scientific study. I’d like to purpose more thorough research. I’m on my way over.:$

david3

***YES. You just solved a mystery. My exBF had a really awesome Tempurpedic bed. It was a very firm style but I would die of heat on it at night, always throwing my legs outside the blankets. I chalked it up to the heat of 2 bodies but when we were at my house it was never oven-like.

Hardly a scientific study. I’d like to purpose more thorough research. I’m on my way over.:$

:P Soon it'll be on your way down! B|

LuckyMcSwervy

******YES. You just solved a mystery. My exBF had a really awesome Tempurpedic bed. It was a very firm style but I would die of heat on it at night, always throwing my legs outside the blankets. I chalked it up to the heat of 2 bodies but when we were at my house it was never oven-like.

Are you in an underground . . .

OHHHH, I get it . . .:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

LuckyMcSwervy

You're being a little forward aren't you?

OMG... NO. It's a geographical reference! :P

Next to a Body of Water?

turtlespeed

*********YES. You just solved a mystery. My exBF had a really awesome Tempurpedic bed. It was a very firm style but I would die of heat on it at night, always throwing my legs outside the blankets. I chalked it up to the heat of 2 bodies but when we were at my house it was never oven-like.

Are you in an underground . . .

OHHHH, I get it . . .:o

Maybe I'm stuck in a well. :P

But seriously, that mattress was freaking HOT. I wish I would've realized this a few years ago. I would've asked him to lower the heat and take one of the blankets from the bed. I seriously thought I was having early hot flashes and had my blood checked!! :|

LuckyMcSwervy

You're being a little forward aren't you?

OMG... NO. It's a geographical reference! :P

Next to a Body of Water?

Pretty much! B|

Is it really wet down there?

We have one Tempurpedic, it's awesome!
Yes, it gets hot though.
We also have a Sealy iComfort foam mattress that is also awesome and not hot.
The couch works pretty well too. :P

IMO, I hated the Sleep Number bed. I could not get comfortable on it at any setting and the ridge between the two sides makes me avoid the middle of the bed.

And Swervy...hot flashes.
:)

normiss

We have one Tempurpedic, it's awesome!
Yes, it gets hot though.
We also have a Sealy iComfort foam mattress that is also awesome and not hot.
The couch works pretty well too. :P

IMO, I hated the Sleep Number bed. I could not get comfortable on it at any setting and the ridge between the two sides makes me avoid the middle of the bed.

And Swervy...hot flashes.
:)

Dude, I'm getting old. :|

Remster

IMO, I hated the Sleep Number bed.

I've spent a few nights in a Sleep Number bed in some hotel chain.... Worst nights sleep I had in decades.

I have a sleep number bed and the best thing I did for it was put a 3" memory foam topper on it. Guess that's a pretty good endorsement for the memory foam beds over the sleep number ones!

-

normiss

We also have a Sealy iComfort foam mattress that is also :P

The ex-gf had an iComfort also and I liked it. The gel layer on top is designed to eliminate that heat discomfort from normal foam mattresses.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

we have had ours for a few years and my wife and I both love it. she has back issues and the foam mattresses are the only ones she can sleep on and not wake up sore.

After 3 years it does not have any sagging in the foam.

We ended up buying one for the spare room also and a cheaper foam mattress for the motor home

I saw the new gel Tempurpedic and they are supposed to be a lot cooler then the original but I really do not have an issue with it being to hot

Oh yeah they are freaking heavy
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

we have had ours for a few years and my wife and I both love it. she has back issues and the foam mattresses are the only ones she can sleep on and not wake up sore.

After 3 years it does not have any sagging in the foam.

We ended up buying one for the spare room also and a cheaper foam mattress for the motor home

I saw the new gel Tempurpedic and they are supposed to be a lot cooler then the original but I really do not have an issue with it being to hot

Oh yeah they are freaking heavy

Do you have to use a box spring from Tempurpedic or can you use any brand, or even a split box spring?