Mr.g

Most Jumps without a reserve ride

I dont qualify... my first one was due to my own packing excellence on my Papillion. That was jump number 5.
Number 2 chop was about jump # 60... again I am sure it was packing excellence( or the ripo stop tape that was all over the canopy sticking to other parts of the canopy;))
Number 3 I got to blame on the packing excellence of an Air Force rigger>:(

I had one on Jump 50 due to stuffing the nose to slow down the opening...it got me a pretty little line over. But it sure did open soft...ha ha ha New Slider fixed that problem. Now it opens wonderfully. You can teach an old sabre new tricks.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

My first was on #14 while a student on 10 second delays. (Couldn't find the main ripcord.) 24' chest-mount, non-steerable pilot-chute-removed round.

The next was on #142. That was the real hard pull that I finally got out under 500'.

My last one to date was on #540 after my main streamered. By this time I was in the habit of gently pulling the ripcord before the first jump of the day to make sure it moved. Got it out on the first try and got open around 1000' with enough time left to steer my round lopo into a small clear spot in a neighbor's backyard. (Pause while patting myself on the backB|.) There were guys on the DZ who had more jumps than I did who had never SEEN a round parachute...

Cheers,
Jon S.

gjhdiver

I’m still waiting for my first reserve ride.

Was wondering who has got the most jumps without ever taking a reserve ride.

My bud Pip Redvers from Z Hills has about 15,000 jumps and zero sport cutaways.

He does has one on a Strong tandem rig that someone else packed for him though.

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

I was still in AFF when I had my first reserve ride.Too many first on one jump. It was my first solo and on my first pack job. I packed a step through and it did not open well.

I owed a lot of beer and needed a new pair of underwear.

(and I expect it is after the first few jumps when people might cut away stuff that they'd deal with when they have more experience)

You mean like the student that chopped because the slider came down? Yeah, that happened.

Jumped with a guy Saturday who had two rides on three jumps.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I made four jumps sucsesfully before cutting away and going to reserve on level off with Harley as my affi. Grabbed another student rig and went back up for another sucsesfull jump. Two weeks latter Harley went in.:S

Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle