david3

Diana Nyad

david3

Diana Nyad is close to completing her swim from Cuba to Key West. I cannot imagine taking on such an enormous challenge. I have to be honest I had lost faith that she could do it after her previous attempts. She is amazing. She kicks ass.
http://www.diananyad.com/

Meh Suzy Maroney did it years ago. It's a long swim but nothing new.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***Diana Nyad is close to completing her swim from Cuba to Key West. I cannot imagine taking on such an enormous challenge. I have to be honest I had lost faith that she could do it after her previous attempts. She is amazing. She kicks ass.

Meh Suzy Maroney did it years ago. It's a long swim but nothing new.[:/]
Sorry I didn't realize it was that easy. Was Suzy 62 years old?

Edit to add ***"and you have been sucessful in your efforts to be #1 in the "lets be a dick and post negatively for no reason" awards (aka LBADAPN Awards). Your mumma must be proud"

Squeak

***Diana Nyad is close to completing her swim from Cuba to Key West. I cannot imagine taking on such an enormous challenge. I have to be honest I had lost faith that she could do it after her previous attempts. She is amazing. She kicks ass.

Meh Suzy Maroney did it years ago. It's a long swim but nothing new.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4531339;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

The Maroney woman did it years ago but with a shark cage which apparently helped her along the current (read that somewhere). Diana Nyad is doing it shark cage free.

I wish I was standing there on Smathers when she completes this awesome feat of athleticism, dedication and willpower!!

I'm in awe of a 64 year old woman (or man for that matter) who can conquer the Florida Straits! Hell, I'll get seasick just 7 miles out at the Vandenberg if I'm not taking medication!! HAHA!!

Go Diana!!
Always be kinder than you feel.

NewGuy2005

I'm in awe of a 64 year old woman (or man for that matter) who can conquer the Florida Straits!

No kidding. She's been working on this for 30-something years. You have to admire her single-mindedness.

Actuallyyyyyyyyyyyy..... she gave up swimming for 30 years and began again when she was 60! That's what makes it even more inspiring to me!!

One is, we should never ever give up. Two is, you’re never too old to chase your dreams. Three is, it looks like a solitary sport, but it’s a team.

I wonder how many people understand the combined meaning of all three parts and the dramatic conflicts between them? It is an amazing effort. Really something to marvel at. Not just in her ability to do it, but to convince other people to help her give it a shot.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

She looked pretty delerious when they interviewed her just after she finished.

Hopefully they'll do a proper interview when she's had a day or two to recover.

Awesome feat.

Go granny go........
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

A 62-year-old woman finally accomplishes her life long goal OR cheats to do so.

"Which story do you prefer?" -- Life of Pi

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/09/09/nyad-doubters-marquez-newday.cnn.html

The whole story saddens me.

It saddens me some people would be so cynical as to assume the record is falsified. It saddens me to know some people will in fact do anything to get into a record book including cheat which means it's a possibility the record is falsified. It saddens me whatever the outcome the accomplishment will now have this hanging over it.

I'm sad for her either way, but for obviously different reasons.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

A 62-year-old woman finally accomplishes her life long goal OR cheats to do so.

"Which story do you prefer?" -- Life of Pi

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/09/09/nyad-doubters-marquez-newday.cnn.html

The whole story saddens me.

It saddens me some people would be so cynical as to assume the record is falsified. It saddens me to know some people will in fact do anything to get into a record book including cheat which means it's a possibility the record is falsified. It saddens me whatever the outcome the accomplishment will now have this hanging over it.

I'm sad for her either way, but for obviously different reasons.

+1

I'm not happy about her stating publicly she was happy the other athlete failed on her attempt. I mean, if you wanna keep that in your head that's on you, but to say it and look mean spirited about it, yikes.

Plus, for the detractors to float the cheating shadow, well that sucks too.

Frankly, I believe her effort was honest but I'm not a fan of unsportswoman like statements.

:|:|:|:|

Sooooo..... this morning I met Diana Nyad.

The Key West Arts in Public Places committee honored her with a bronze plaque to be mounted on the wall at Smathers Beach in Key West where she came ashore last year (entrance 11).

Her body is amazing and she's even more beautiful in person.

Here's a picture from the event...

LuckyMcSwervy

Sooooo..... this morning I met Diana Nyad.

The Key West Arts in Public Places committee honored her with a bronze plaque to be mounted on the wall at Smathers Beach in Key West where she came ashore last year (entrance 11).

Diana?

Or Don?

Looks like a dude.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Sooooo..... this morning I met Diana Nyad.

Diana?

Or Don?

Looks like a dude.:|

She's not claiming to be a Victoria's Secret model. She's an amazing athlete who worked her way out of a really shitty childhood, one that I can totally relate to, and she's beautiful IMHO. I was face to face with her and she's gorgeous but I tend to see the beauty in every face I see.

LuckyMcSwervy

****** I tend to see the beauty in every face I see.

Even Turtle and me?:)
Absolutely! B|

I dunno . .. .. I've seen a mirror . . .:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun