Nataly

Dumped over voicemail...

Yep... Happy birthday to me.

Wasn't a nasty message or anything... Just said he wasn't coming home, he took all his things, he left the keys in the mailbox, he's sorry it didn't work out.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

piisfish

at least it is a voicemail, not an SMS.

Sorry for you [:/]

You know, I'm not sure there is a great way to break-up with someone...

I don't think he knew it was going to go to voicemail when he called - I just happened not to be near my phone when it rang.

I also don't think he knows it's my birthday today... And even if he does, there is no "perfect timing" for this kind of thing. Hell, only last month he vacated the appartment he was renting (which is likely already rented out to someone else now) and moved everything here, so after all that hard work it's certainly not terribly great timing for him to finally come to the conclusion that we're better off going our separate ways...

What can you do...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

That's terrible! Some happy birthday, huh? [:/]

It's a coward's way out, IMO. Breaking up via what is, nowadays, a version of a "Dear John Letter," instead of in person, shows horrible things about a person.

Unless he's afraid you're going to beat the crap out of him, that is. :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Sorry to hear that, Nat.

Happy Birthday....?

I have to second the 'coward' vote. I've always thought the most difficult conversations are those that absolutely must be had face to face. It's a matter of respect in my book.

You'll always have us. :D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Some guys don't want to deal with the explosion of emotion that women often display when you break up with them, i.e. smashing anything you own in sight, setting your clothes on fire or throwing them out the windows, throwing anything made of glass at the walls, and then there's the locking themselves in the bathroom part and sobbing uncontrollably whilst threatening to kill themselves if you leave.

Good times.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

mattjw916

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Some guys don't want to deal with the explosion of emotion that women often display when you break up with them, i.e. smashing anything you own in sight, setting your clothes on fire or throwing them out the windows, throwing anything made of glass at the walls, and then there's the locking themselves in the bathroom part and sobbing uncontrollably whilst threatening to kill themselves if you leave.

Good times.

Throwing the bullshit card here.

Tell them in person, you owe them that. Even if they explode, it's the last time you have to deal with it unless you have children or joint assets.

Have your stuff moved out first.

If they threaten to kill themselves, call a friend or the police.

If worried about physical violence, have a mutual friend there with you or the police.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Nataly

Yep... Happy birthday to me.

Wasn't a nasty message or anything... Just said he wasn't coming home, he took all his things, he left the keys in the mailbox, he's sorry it didn't work out.

[:/][:/] Crap N@, I'm sorry. You deserve much better. If I can put a spin on it, I'm thankful to every woman that dumped me, 'cause I'd never be with Vskydiver if they hadn't. I hope your life turns out the same. :)
Pearl Jam even have a song for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXtAm7QbwMc

mattjw916

Don't care. Unfortunately a lot of people can't be dealt with in a rational manner because they aren't rational or capable of being rational.

That's true but generally obvious BEFORE you have sex/date them. :P

There are very few total surprises in life if one is observant.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

mattjw916

Good times.

Speaking from personal experience?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My flight leaves in an hour. I'll arrive in Paris at 5:00 PM your time tomorrow.
Where do I go from there or do you want to meet me in Paree? B|
How do I get my 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide over there? :D

Happy Birthday Nat.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

JohnMitchell

***Yep... Happy birthday to me.

[:/][:/] Crap N@, I'm sorry. You deserve much better. If I can put a spin on it, I'm thankful to every woman that dumped me, 'cause I'd never be with Vskydiver if they hadn't. I hope your life turns out the same

It's not like it was a "bad" relationship - we had a lot of good times over the past (almost) three years. And I don't really feel like I "deserve better" but I do think that there are people out there who are more compatible/suitable for me (and vice-versa for him).

This may sound strange but to me it was clear from the start it was never going to work... I think we simply both saw qualities we liked in one another and we therefore stayed together *despite* not being right for each other... You know, like a really great/comfortable pair of jeans you can't bare to throw away even though they don't really fit and/or look good on you!!

But yeah... Sooner or later it's better to face reality, isn't it? The past year has been pretty tough on us and truth be told neither one of us has been very good at supporting the other... It's of course sad that it's over, but I must admit it's also kind of a relief. We tried - it didn't work... That's life.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words everyone - I'm a little upset but I'll be just fine :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

wolfriverjoe

On your birthday? That sucks big time.
Believe me, I know. BTDT.

Meh - shit happens...

Who got custody of the cat?

Me :):D:P

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get through it ok.

Thanks!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Skydive Maubeuge closes for the season after November. If you want me to jump with you, you're going to have to decide quick! :D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

ryoder

What Nataly said: "I got dumped"[:/]

What the guys here heard: "She's available":)

Very true.

Unfortunately, 4500 miles is a bit far.

Cyber-stalking will have to suffice. [:/]
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

At least you got that. My ex left, didn't say a word, and left her kid with me.>:(

And they wonder why I drink.

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

skyjumpenfool

***Yep... Happy birthday to me.

Maybe.... it was the best birthday present you ever got???? You just don't know it yet. B|

In a way it was a gift... At least it's decisive and final. Haven't heard from him since, nor have I tried to contact him. Am not ruling out the possibility that he left me for someone else - he had been pretty sneaky and I do strongly suspect I caught him lying a few times... I can't be sure and anyway it's irrelevant to me. Because it does not change the fact that we *were* wrong for each other.

Anyway it's been nearly a month now and sure I've had some ups and downs (because I'm not a heartless bitch!)... But overall I'm ok :)
You know there are worse things in life than being single :P And at least the toilet seat is always down, as it should be!!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss