strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

Bertt

Will somebody please find it so the "news" media can quit speculating about it. They've already gone about 3 levels down in their panel of experts and they're just getting silly.

My money says they will find it on a remote island, parked next to a Lockheed Model 10 Electra.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Will somebody please find it so the "news" media can quit speculating about it. They've already gone about 3 levels down in their panel of experts and they're just getting silly.

My money says they will find it on a remote island, parked next to a Lockheed Model 10 Electra.:|

With the North Korean boom boom on it??:)

Phillbo

Pilot had his own flight simulator in his house:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/ma...under-scrutiny

That would be helpful in planning a low level route.

Or keeping at the top of his game in his profession...

Or maybe he was an instructor...

Or maybe he trained terrorists as a hobby...

Just playing devil's advocate.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Here you go Quade.

Edit to add: I just noticed the track and attached this. I didn't notice how far north they show the India and the island in this angle. I thought the one track looked farmilar
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Pilot had his own flight simulator in his house:

BTW... I'm getting page not found for the link.

He copied a *displayed* abbreviated link, instead of the actual link: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/profile-pilots-of-malaysian-mystery-plane-under-scrutiny

ETA: Omigawd! :o Shah was the PIC!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Pilot had his own flight simulator in his house:

BTW... I'm getting page not found for the link.

He copied a *displayed* abbreviated link, instead of the actual link: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/profile-pilots-of-malaysian-mystery-plane-under-scrutiny

ETA: Omigawd! :o Shah was the PIC!

Thanks!! Looks like 2 of my 3 guesses why he had a home simulator were mentioned.

I really hope this turns out well. My head hurts from all of the speculation. My heart hurts for unaccounted for people and their families.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Pilot had his own flight simulator in his house:

Or keeping at the top of his game in his profession...

Or maybe he was an instructor...

Or maybe he trained terrorists as a hobby...

Just playing devil's advocate.

Or he had to become acquainted with airports that he had never landed at.

rwieder

I wonder what the fuel load was at departure. If a full load and given the earlier report of a turn to the north west, I'd say she is sitting in a hanger in a country ending in 'stan'.

I can tell you from experience it was prolly loaded to the gills. They always fill the tanks on an E.R. type plane b/c it flys over large bodies of water for hours on end, and due to wx changing minute by minute and factoring in a "safety margin" I just bet they were full. I've flown O-Hare to London's Heathrow before, these people have designated take-off and landing hrs, sometimes we flew around in circles w/ other jets just to kill time before we were allowed to land, too much noise or some such is the explanation I was given

No. They don't fill the tanks for a safety margin. They don't land full of passengers and the tanks half full of fuel on most planes including this one. If you flew to Heathrow and had to circle I would say that chances are much higher it was to burn fuel than for noise. Caught a good tail wind. You might me surprised on shorter Domestic flights just how tight they run on fuel
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

rwieder

I can tell you from experience it was prolly loaded to the gills.

I can tell you it was probably loaded with enough fuel to make it's destination, fly to a pre-declared alternate, plus 45 minutes. It is probably not loaded with more than a small variance from that. Almost certainly not fuel for max range.

Fuel is heavy. Carrying more than required by law is wasteful. Airlines run on thin margins and do everything they can to save a buck.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I can tell you it was probably loaded with enough fuel to make it's destination, fly to a pre-declared alternate, plus 45 minutes. It is probably not loaded with more than a small variance from that. Almost certainly not fuel for max range.

No we didn't circle around Heathrow for giggles. They do have certain hours when you can land at night. It's supposedly to keep the noise down, that's what we were told. I did say prolly on the fuel, not for 100% certain. The jets I fly say f/ GBIA t/ Schipol/Amsterdam, Moscow, etc...they fly loaded f/ bear! I understand this jet had enough fuel for 2,250 miles, or something like that. But we're all speculating. I reckon we just need to wait for the results of the investigation, and see then what the real deal was. I've been real close with my thoughts so far. Again, I may be wrong, and prolly am, but I believe the plane was commandered for some one's agenda, whatever that may be. It's suffice to say if this is the deal, it don't look good for the home team. Oh who, just who just who? Oh I don't know, maybe it was......SATAN! Old horny, the sinned stud, the prince of darkness? :ph34r: (Church Lady) :ph34r:B|

Best-
Richard

quade

***I can tell you from experience it was prolly loaded to the gills.

Fuel is heavy. Carrying more than required by law is wasteful. Airlines run on thin margins and do everything they can to save a buck.

And they have to land safely and without structural damage to aircraft.

craddock

That's more of a return-to-departure-airport-shortly-after-takeoff issue than a normal landing issue and usually only for max range flights and even then only for some, not all, aircraft.

By the time most aircraft have crossed an ocean, they are well below maximum landing weight. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Would you agree the planes are far heavier when they take off as opposed to when they land? These planes were designed to take off and land with fuel on board. I'm more than certain the air frame and hydraulic landing gear can stand the stress. It has been handling the stress for years, in fact it works so well they incorporated it in their other ER models.

Best-
Richard

That aircraft has well over three times that much range capabilities. This was a relatively short flight for that aircraft. Now.... I am not making a comment on how much fuel it actually had. More what it was SUPPOSED to have.

btw. A full tank is 300,000 lbs or so. Maximum landing weight is 460,000

quade

***And they have to land safely and without structural damage to aircraft.

That's more of a return-to-departure-airport-shortly-after-takeoff issue than a normal landing issue and usually only for max range flights and even then only for some, not all, aircraft.

By the time most aircraft have crossed an ocean, they are well below maximum landing weight. ;)

Yes not all aircraft but this is not a 757. My point was simply there is more reasons to not fill tanks than one. Not worth arguing over. We agree the tanks would not be full unless foul play started on the tarmac.