JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

A few years ago I had nasal surgery to repair damage from slipping on ice and slamming my face into concrete steps.
I never want surgery on that part of my body again!

I've broken my nose 4 times, resulting in 2 rhinoplasty operations and another surgery to remove scar tissue. The polyp surgery is actually hurting the least out of all of them. But, I agree; I'm hoping to not have any more surgeries on my nose!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

JohnMitchell

We went to Denver, and then on to Vail, Colo.
Saw nothing but Sunny skies B|.. and temps in the 50s... just a wonderful trip.....

Nice trip, beautiful country, but those temps are hell on the ski resorts. Was Vail open for skiing yet?

the temps in the Fifties were in Denver. The scoreboard at the Stadium reached 58 around 4 PM local time, on Sunday

The Ski areas WERE open and we were told they had gotten about 2 Feet of natural snow a week earlier and had been Making snow for about as long. The air temps were lower up at 10,000 feet ASL Got into the Teens overnight !!!Clear skies a nearly full moon and lots of stars and the snow was piled here and there near the skiing areas...
While some of our group DID ski, we did not. Lots of walking around, window shopping, riding the free shuttle buses, and taking pictures. Vail was surprisingly NOT real crowded, as the season had only just started, and it was a monday . Kinda Nice...We could come and go easily, anywhere in the Village. They had an outdoor skating rink, and Lights and decorations here and there. Candy stores, Clothing stores, souvenir shops, eateries...
The skiing places , Vail and Arapahoe Basin were running at a nice pace...a little crowded but very easy to get back onto the lifts, as indicated by those who did ski.

we had Fun...so i posted the DAMN pictures!!!!! ;):):)
i'll look forward to the NEXT fun thing we Do... and will hope to have the camera handy..

jmy

Not gonna put up any pictures until I have it in my grubby little hands in 6-8 weeks, but I bit the bullet this week and have officially ordered my first rig. B|

Been watching the classifieds for 3 months and only 1 rig that would come close to fitting has come up. The seller went silent when I asked about having it sent to my DZ so my rigger could inspect it and I'm not buying something like that sight unseen. So I decided screw it, if I'm going to spend this much money, why not spend a little more and get custom?

My wallet hurts something fierce though...:D

If you can't convince them, keep them confused.

No doubt, I prefer knowing exactly what my gear has been through. Plus, having my own gear will make visiting other DZs and attending boogies that much easier.

Rental gear is a wonderful thing, getting bruised from the gear because of poor fit (the harness is too wide across the shoulders) just gets old fast.
If you can't convince them, keep them confused.

I did some pickling and canning yesterday, it was quite jarring.

In no particular order,
Pickled:
Apples
Asparagus
Cucumbers
Cauliflower
Carrots
Jalepenos and Peppers from the garden

Canning: (In a spiced sugarcane reduction syrup)
Apples and Berries
Apples
Cherries, Blackberries and Cherries
Apples and Bourbon (Pritchards Double Barrel):)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Finally! It wasn't raining today, so I pulled away from work early so I still had some daylight left. (It's 5pm here and already dark) I got to French tune my new bow. The next to last shot frayed the string. The final shot centered the string and buried in the target with a 'pop!'.

Time to go upstairs and shoot the pistol now. I'm getting better, but I seriously miss summer activities.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Finally! It wasn't raining today, so I pulled away from work early so I still had some daylight left. (It's 5pm here and already dark) I got to French tune my new bow. The next to last shot frayed the string. The final shot centered the string and buried in the target with a 'pop!'.

Time to go upstairs and shoot the pistol now. I'm getting better, but I seriously miss summer activities.

David

The Battle of Agincourt was decided with somewhat simpler ones.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Finally! It wasn't raining today, so I pulled away from work early so I still had some daylight left. (It's 5pm here and already dark) I got to French tune my new bow. The next to last shot frayed the string. The final shot centered the string and buried in the target with a 'pop!'.

David

The Battle of Agincourt was decided with somewhat simpler ones.

That's more contraption than it is bow. Here's a somewhat simpler one.