tomate

Is it addictive? Should I quit?

I just did my first tandem jump yesterday morning, drove back to the skydive place to have a second jump in the same afternoon, and just can't wait to have my accelerated free fall course next week.

Last night I slept very bad thinking of my first solo jump (excitement, sweaty hands, goosegumps), and I'm not concentrating at work.

Isn't this indicative of a bad addiction? Should I wait two months before jumping again?:o

Last night I slept very bad thinking of my first solo jump (excitement, sweaty hands, goosegumps), and I'm not concentrating at work.

I went through that every weekend for like the first month! Completely natural, completely addictive, no you definitely shouldn't wait!B| Welcome to the gang!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Follow Ivan's suggestion and keep on jumping. You can do as many as your body allows you......Blue skies
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Yeah!

But I was planning only ONE jump, and now I am finding myself disbursing almost $700 over two weekends in what can only look as a vicious addiction !!! And then I will pay I don't know how much for a full course.

To be honest, I am just waiting for your responses to become my excuses, so thank you !!! ;)

Don't spend anymore money in tandems, if you want to do this, go for SL/AFF or any other training that will get you in the air, by yourself towards your licenses....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Let your soul follow the passion.:)
It's the only sport I know of that you can stop anywhere in the World, look up and know that "up there is where I set my spirit free to take in the very essence of life".:)
-Grant
p.s.
I was a miserable F@cK! for the 5 year duration that I had stopped jumping(ture story[:/])

STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN!
It's gonna F*** you up, like it did me. Like it did all of us. It's just like that movie. Once your in, you can't get out, and the only thing that stops the pain is recruiting more jumpers. I have to go now. I can hear the turbines starting up again.

But seriously. What you have gone through is an event that cannot be deleted from your memory. Like a scratch on a record (a CD to all you youngens out there). Chemicals in your brain changed from the norm blah blah blah! I could crap on about that allot but you know the rest.

The only advice that I might have is that you buy a house a reliable car and have about $10,000 dollars in the bank for your AFF course etc. And your first set of gear. That way, when you run out of money you can always sell your car OR live in your car and rent out your house to support your habit.

Ah! The funny things is. Your laughing at this now but. You'll find out soon enough.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Don't spend anymore money in tandems, if you want to do this, go for SL/AFF or any other training that will get you in the air, by yourself towards your licenses....

exactly... spend the dough on aff... i did a tandem then got myself immediately and properly into debt by starting aff!;)

"...(excitement, sweaty hands, goosegumps), and I'm not concentrating at work."

Sounds like you're in love!!

"But I was planning only ONE jump, and now I am finding myself disbursing almost $700 over two weekends in what can only look as a vicious addiction !!! And then I will pay I don't know how much for a full course."

Just wait until you pay several thousand of your hard earned dollars for a set of state-of-the-art, shiny, colour-coordinated gear.

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

The fastest and cheapest way to do this is to save up the money ahead of time and do it over a few days or weekends. I see alot of people that come out once a month or so to do AFF and they end up repeating a number of the intermediate jumps because they need to relearn.

Also remember that this is a muscle memory sport. You must practice on your own. Get down on the ground and hold that arch. Get on the creepers and arch. Stand up and stick out your wang- arch.

Oh, and relax.