tomate

Is it addictive? Should I quit?

you can stop smoking. You can stop drinking. you can even stop havin an girlfriend and having sex. but stop jumping? no way!!!
say goodbye to all your wordly posessions - you'll make them to money you're going to spend on jumps, a rig.... :P
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Yes, our sport is wonderfully addictive. I've been in it more than 25 years and I am still going hard. I refused to join "Skydiver's Anonymous" as I don't ever want to put my parachute away forever.
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

After I made my tandem jump, I found myself breaking into giggles unexpectedly for the next week, and taking time out in my day to relive the experience in excruciating detail!

Yeah, thats where I am right now :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Pur logical minds might tell you to get out while you can...skydiving will suck up all your time, money and thoughts. Our hearts say welcome to the bunch! We are all crazy addicts and we are all happy to be here!

Congrats on that first jump and Welcome to our sick little club

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

definitly NO WAIT! Skydiving had the same affect on me, I now have just recently finsihed AFF & currently have 14 jumps. It is the most amazing thing I have ever found. Not too mention the friendships that come along with it. My husband & I have given up everything. My husband is currently working at our DZ & I am looking for work in the skydiving feild. Congrats on your Tandem(s) & welcome to "our" world!;)

Addictive ? Skydiving ? HELL NO !

Skydiving is NOT addictive ! I have researched the U.S. Food & Drug admnistration's database and can conclusively tell you that skydiving is not listed as a controlled substance (neither is the nylon from which the parachutes and webbing are made). Yeah, aircraft fuel is HARMFUL to your HEALTH (so is car fuel), so my recommendation is to minimize your exposure to the fuel by leaving the aircraft when the pilot allows you to!

Blue Skies !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Yes skydiving is addictive, but one of the coolest addictions you can have:D and dont sweat the nerves, I am going on level 5 AFF and I am nervous every time just a little less so each time.
***"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-- Mark Twain