grundleson

pilots license, not really base related. sorry!

Alright, first off. Sorry for posting this on the BASE forum, but i dont like any other forums on this site and i check this most frequently.

One question i have for persons that hold a pilots license; is it possible to get a pilots license with a previous DUI on a driving record?

again, sorry for taking up space on the BASE forum.
cheers
grundleson

Dont die!

It is still possible for you to get a private pilots certificate, but you have to report it to the FAA. Also, if you plan on pursuing your flight career any further, good luck getting a job if you have a DUI. It won't happen. A DUI is death for any commercial pilot.

Bryan

yes, it should be no problem to get a pilots liscense. (my freind has a DUI, and he is a commercial Heli pilot)

the problem is, you will not be insurable for commercial flying for at least four years after the DUI.

go for it.

A DUI id not exactly DEATH. but it is pretty bad. haveing a flying violation is less of a problem then a DUI.

(i would know:P)

-SPACE-

It's better than DDUI
Denying Driving Under the Influence.

Like your sig line by the way
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

yeah, well i bet a thousand dollars im the only one here with a BUI... a boating under the influence, that i got in a goddamned 16' KAYAK.

i think i learned my lesson after that one... the lesson? fuck everyone. you have no rights. even under paddle power. i was topped out at what? 3knots? watch out bitches, im drunk and out of control, a threat to all civil minded douchebags all over.

It's really quite ridiculous.

A guy in Corona, CA got a DUI on a horse.
I've seen reports of a guy on a riding lawnmower, a skateboard, and a bicycle.

Freedom??? Not in America!

In Michigan they now have an adendum to the DUI law which prohibits the operation of a vehicle with any schedule 1 drug in your system. Different substances stay in the body a lot longer than others and hair folicles can show stuff from over 90 days. If it is measured,they treat it the same as a DUI! Be careful out there!:S
Party On!

reports of a guy on a riding lawnmower

:D I would like to see that one
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

well be careful today... you don't want a VUI (voting under the influence).

i can't even stomach the thought of politicians without being intoxicated.:P

well be careful today... you don't want a VUI (voting under the influence).

i can't even stomach the thought of politicians without being intoxicated.:P

I think in Indiana it's illegal to sell alcohol on Election Day...

SkydiveAllegan.com

Oregon will charge you with DUI and you don't even have to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.
The only thing you need is "car keys" in your physical possession. (in purse or pocket) You will be arrested then processed and feed the system (the courts and Lawyers) for an average of 5,000 usd just for the possibility of 'Intent'. Which means they 'think' you might be going to drive in the future.
In Oregon people have been charged with DUI for sleeping near or inside a vehicle with the keys for operation not even in the ignition but under the seat.
My brother sat on Jury Duty for a man charged with DUI who was found walking from a bar several miles back to his vehicle to meet a Tow Truck. From his broken-down vehicle. He walked down the hiway to the establishment to call for a Tow Truck and while waiting had 2 beers. His vehicle would Not even Start with the keys but he had the car keys in his possession.

sounds good.

wasnt expecting so many replies to that post but hey, you can always count on crazy BASE jumpers for something. i'll be flying soon! thanks guys.

DUI's suck. There is all kinds of ways to get a DUI. its crazyness. anything with wheels or is considered a way of transportation if you are in conrtol of it.
until next time.

cheers

-grundleson

The way it was told to me:
A DUI before you get your pilots ticket...OK
A DUI after you get it..Kiss you ass good bye!

$.02

Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

i know a guy who got a dui on a bicycle... He rode his bike to the bar instead of driving because he was trying to be "responsible" after his first dui...

The judge was at least cool enough to just count it as a first dui since it was on a bike and he agreed that it was ridiculous. Even then a 1st dui is pretty damn harsh.
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

yeah, well i bet a thousand dollars im the only one here with a BUI... a boating under the influence, that i got in a goddamned 16' KAYAK.

i think i learned my lesson after that one... the lesson? fuck everyone. you have no rights. even under paddle power. i was topped out at what? 3knots? watch out bitches, im drunk and out of control, a threat to all civil minded douchebags all over.

I actually just got my BUI in august. the douche bag cop got me STANDING next to my INFLATABLE Tahiti (kayak). said i littered. i was actually picking up trash the whole day, thats why i have so many bheer cans in my boat officer. the funny thing was they released my into my drucker than i was friend. i'll never live that down. BTW i blew a .223:S

we should have a drink together.. i blew .222 .. and i think i owe you some money..

I was arrested for a DUI around 3 years ago. I was right at the legal limit of .08 BAC in CA. I spent the night in jail, hired a lawyer, and did the 6 weeks of drug classes. It was reduced to a wet & reckless, and I kept my drivers license.

I've been a student pilot for a few months now, and I was able to get a 3rd class medical. On the form they ask you for any medical conditions and all previous driving convictions. I was hassled a little bit for it, but the AME basically just asked me if I drank everyday and out of control, and checked with the FAA if I was okay to fly. I think as long as it was over a year ago you should be fine. I also think if you get one while you hold a medical certificate, you may lose your medical for a year.

If you're concerned about it, you can always get your medical before you start taking flying lessons. You'll need to get one soon before you solo anyway. My instructor recommended I just go straight for a 2nd or 1st class medical if I ever wanted to fly commercially or get an ATP, but I just got a 3rd class for now. At least that way you know ahead of time if you'll have any problems with your medical.

Of course, getting a job, and getting insurance are separate issues, but you should be fine renting planes. I don't think I mentioned the DUI to the flight school.

Check this out:
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/investigations/airmen_duidwi/

Have fun.

In my crazy state of Texas, a 3rd DUI is a felony and involves a significant sentence to prison - not jail.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

A good freind of mine is, was a commercial Helicopter pilot. he drove home after a night at the bar with a blow of like .09.

he quit flying because no heli company will hire him because he is not reasonably insurable. it would be way to expensive.

also, unions are so good that even if a united capitan got a dui, he would probably be able to get his job back.

however, it does make you pretty much unhireable if you have prior DUI.

but hey, who the HELL wants to fly for an airline? i sure dont.

alright while we're on the bragging subject on how high out BAC was. i blew a .287 . so cheers to that.

haha.
now i dont go within 50 yards of my car if i've had a beer!
so. this thread turned into something funnier than i had imagined.

i dont know if i want to fly for an airline, but hey, skydivers might let me fly them around; they have parachutes!!!!

Dont die!