321Cya

Another 'amazing' Red Bull stunt captured on camera...

And I thought newbie base jumpers (incl. myself:$) counted fast. that was the fastest (about) 20 seconds ever!

Can anyone post alink or some text that I can find it and view it with "firefox"?
thanks in advance.
take care,
space

re-post again

http://www.sky.com/...200406_1100,00.html#

http://www.dropzone.com/...;;page=unread#unread
NEVER GIVE UP!

Was in Amazon Jungle Venezuela, 1000 ft deep, 5 sec delay, 20 sec. canopy ride
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!place and jump.
B|

Nicolas

Was it you who did the jump?

If so, good on ya mate...

Just tell the reporters to get 'the facts' right next time ;)

J.

PS: Edited to add

www.vandrunen.ch

Yeah man..
Tanks, yes was me, Im Nicolas Lopez, Argentinian guy and Red Bull athlete.
Was 2 years research and trip organize, 15 days on the jungle living with a Yekuanas comunity, a lot of rain, mosquitos, and 1 jump 5 sec delay, (pay for all the huge effort).

For sure one of my bests, beautyfull jump

NICO:)

Hello,
I could tell you this funny story about how Moe and I caught a flight down to Caracas in March. After we landed, the guy sitting right in front of Moe opens the over-head storage bin without being careful of the objects that had shifted during the flight. And so it fell out, the string that is, the string that only could end at a stash bag. We were like "bwaah dude, you're a BASE jumper"! And "are you going to Angel Falls too"? So we met Nicolas, and he said he was going somewhere else, and that he had just been in Twin Falls getting current. So then he bolted. A week later, Benny, one of our helicopter pilots, says he's got to buzz over to some spot in the jungle a hundred miles away and assist in some Red Bull gig, "do any of us want to tag along" since he's going anyway, and we could make a flick while we were over there?
"Nah, we're good".
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Yeah man..
Tanks, yes was me, Im Nicolas Lopez, Argentinian guy and Red Bull athlete.

OH MY GOD!! You are a Red Bull Athlete!?! That is so impressive!!!! My ultimate wish in life is to become one... :S:S:S

For sure one of my bests, beautyfull jump

I sure can understand why you say it's a beautifull jump and all but saying it was one of your best jump really makes me wonder what your average/normal base jumps looks like. If this was one of your best exits, i sure want to see what your average exits look like...:D:D:D

You are my new found hero!!:S

Why are you so fucking asshole? He have completed a dream! Give the dude some credit!

Hello Avery, I remember you perfectly, I hear later that you guys have a awesome days, weather and jumps on Angel Falls.
Next time we can mix trips, that be nice ;)
Sorry but at that point in the airplane, Im have not idea what s goin to happen in my research/proyect so I dont like to talk so much about future jumps until I jumped it.

Nicolas (proud Red Bull athlete of course;))

Hello Nicolas,
Yes, thanks, we did have great jumps @ AF.
Another interesting story from our trip was
on our last day when we were breaking camp
one of our helicopters came back down with
these two French guys he had just rescued.
Their story was that their friend had told
them how easy it would be to bag AF if they
just jumped on to the tapui (skydive) and then
hike across to the exit point, no problem.
They were told it would just take a couple days.
I think they said his name was Eric Frappe.
What kind of friend would give that advice?
After five days of wandering they were almost dead,
and still days of hiking away from the exit.
Good thing our helicopter pilot saw them
and decided to rescue them, and he had some food.
They thanked him by cussing him out for
not transporting them to the exit in the chopper.
They had no map, gps, phone, food, nothing.
No plan, no support, no jump.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Their friend might be Eric Fradet. Never met him but he is a very accomplished skydiver (25000 jumps) and one of the pioneers of base in France. Indeed it would take a friend who never wants to see you again to give that sort of advice and there might be another side to the story.
I heard this same story in a brief account through a french base jumper friend of mine and will try get more details.
poc

If that was Eric Fradet ?? Not sure through info on thread.
A few days of walking and sleeping in the wilderness. No food, No water And then top it off by NO JUMP !!!
That would only Piss Him Off. ...:D
It would not surprise me at all. Eric is a HARD jumper and there are few that talented and go as hard as that Wild Man.
He will jump all day Training. Then Fun jump till dark. Then he will be angry because the Pilot want to have a Beer and Sleep.

That pretty much sums up what i've heard of the guy.
Will know more about this saga in a day or so.

No Ray, neither of the two frogs was Eric. They blamed their piss poor planning on his advice.

When they gave him grief that chopper pilot who saved them should've taken them right back to where he picked them up.

There's a misunderstanding here. Avery mentioned their friend. That's who I am talking about. As for the two guys who actually did the trip, will get more details.
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

What kind of people plan a multi-day expedition on second hand advice, with no supplies, back-up plan, maps, phone or food!???? Not to mention, Eric is a cool guy.

This doesn't sound right...:S
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

http://video.uk.msn.com/...&f=&fg=email

Hmmm, news can be fast, and news can be slow. I did a post about the same jump april 21st. "cave jump venezuela". The item I saw showed quite a realistic interview with Nicolas. No bragging or such, a far cry from the usual RB stuff. By the way, Argentina is very nice country, nice people, good food, perfect nature (few high base sites though). And, for the men, if you have cruised Avenida Santa Fe in Buenos Aires on saterday morning, you have seen the most beautifull women in the world....speechless.

Las Malvinas son argentinas!

Ronald

:-( Speakers Corner! :-P

p.s. I've met and jumped with Nico and he's a nice guy
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

But they don't exist anymore.. Since looooong time :P

Would still love to visit Argentina and the famous Andy Hediger's Flying Ranch (if it still exists)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Of course Andys ranch exist, and also he is my brother/friend, we have a trike to fly here and jump any altitude you want, with BASE rig on, our airfield is BASEfriendly;)

Aeroclub La Cumbre
Cordoba, Argentina

Come and visit us, also huge barbecues and Argentinian womens available

Nicolas

That doesn’t sound like advise Eric Fradet would’ve given to anyone . . .

That said, the French have had their problems at AF in the past, and in a similar way. One early expedition sought to circumnavigate the locals, and the expense it entailed, by making their own arrangements. They secured a helicopter and then using the wrong gear, small skydiving canopies that were bag deployed (in a time when they should have known better) they scored two very brutal wall strikes in a row. One of the jumpers, a well know climber and adventurer, died from loss of blood, after the helicopter pilot mistook his frantic motions for help as a sign he was all right.

The two lesson here are have a pre-arranged signal that means, “Hey, I’m not screwing around, you gotta get me outta here!” And the second is don’t steal from the tribe. If the locals have things set up, just pay the money, and enjoy the ride . . .

NickD :)BASE 194