JaapSuter

Splitting Up The BASE Forums

I used to be against breaking the BASE forum apart, but I've come around and changed my opinion. We've had this discussion a while back and didn't come to a conclusion, so here is me trying again.

Will splitting things up mean more clicking to those interested in all posts? Yes, I'm afraid so. But simultaneously we would provide a bigger service to the new jumper's community who can't filter the useful information from the bullshit anymore.

With all the banter going on lately, I'm almost beginning to wonder if we should split off the Speaker's Corner sub-segment of the Bonfire, so that Bonfire is the friendly place to ask for locals, talk about BASE philosophy, and general cuddling, and the Speaker's Corner is for Tom, Johnny, Miles, Shane and Magot... ;)

Cheers,

Jaap

Edited to fix smiley.

There already is a "bonfire" "speaker's corner" and "base forum" as well as a technical forum over on blinc. (as well as many other forums on blinc).

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

blinc's UI is not nearly as clean as that of dz. performance also lags.

there obviously isnt much upkeep going on, for example on the homepage:

"[an error occurred while processing this directive]"

i dont think dz will give blinc its archives nor vice versa either. thats where alot of the gold is.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Then we should also have a seperate forum called "people who post friggen novels every time" like JaapSuter usually does. That would be neato.

I've thought a forum'The Ring'(Boxing type) would be a place to say whatever you want, to whomever you want. People would not have to worry about getting banned there, just having to see someone face to face at a later date. The BASE Zone is fine just the way it is, in my opinion.

I've thought a forum'The Ring'(Boxing type) would be a place to say whatever you want, to whomever you want.

This forum already exists on another site. It's called "Fight Club" and you need a password to enter it and argue.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

been suggested before, been tried before, many many times

if you want to keep BASE to the BASE jumpers then you either continue to post to BLiNC (which people have chosen not to do for one reason or another) or maybe try out the UK board as this is up and coming (more and more non UKers are starting to join in) and nothing like this place where skydivers are comfortable to give advice on BASE jumping issues..

Then we should also have a seperate forum called "people who post friggen novels every time" like JaapSuter usually does. That would be neato.

:D, why do you think I started BASE WIKI? It's the ultimate look-at-me-I-try-to-be-an-author website! It's mental masturbation baby, yeah! ;)

Im actually working on my own forum called Tard-over.com where base jumpers can say what ever they want.to who ever they want for the people by the people and ill be the moderator
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

What's the link to the UK BASE forum??

May we live long and die out

you can say whatever you want on sonicbeef.com without fear of banning, because no one cares. unless of course you insult me, because i'm pretty sensitive.

in fact, the only person i know of to ever get banned is leroy.:P

Im actually working on my own forum called Tard-over.com where base jumpers can say what ever they want

sounds really coolB|

and ill be the moderator

huh? for what reasson may i ask?:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

magot, you make me laugh. keep it up.
may i continue to recive hate mail for being your friend. i hope so. its entertaining.;)

split it up

IQ 107 +

IQ 106 -

yes, this is a joke, sort of :P

be safe

kleggo

magot, you make me laugh. keep it up.
may i continue to recive hate mail for being your friend. i hope so. its entertaining.;)

PM/hatemail sent please check:P
SabreDave