jimmyh

John Agnos interview

Hey All,
Anyone interested in the ongoing saga of John Agnos can check out an interview I did with him last night. I put it up on skydiving movies, base section.

And the point of it all? Or better yet, why and how did the interview happen?

He's kinda weird. Seems like a nice guy though. Don't think this is gonna help him should this vid reach the "people's" attorney...

I liked the tar and feather remark.

45 MB of bandwidth and 8 minutes of my life that I'll never get back for more John Agnos? I'll pass.

Yo, Jimmy I hope you're not conducting the interview at your house, that would be concidered harboring a criminal after the warrant remark.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Haven't you heard? I'm already a criminal.

About wasting people's time with this interview? I just figured that the thread on John showed sufficient interest as well as the fact that this weekend at the DZ I was asked, "what's up with John?" about 50 times. I figured I'd let him speak for himself.

If it doesn't interest you don't watch it. But there were somewhere around 10,000 views on the thread deidcated to roasting him.

BTW, I've been sent all kinds of laws lately; could someone please send me the one on Harboring a criminal or whatever it's called?

BTW, I've been sent all kinds of laws lately; could someone please send me the one on Harboring a criminal or whatever it's called?

>>I believe you're referring to the California Penal Code Part 14.2c, sub-paragraph A, Section II entitled:
"You shouldn't hang around with people who do naughty things cuz then you're a little naughty too and you don't want to be sent to bed without your supper now do you?"
I thought everyone knew that. Pffffff

Wow, John is one sloppy ass packer!!!! I know there are many different ways to pack a BASE rig but I truly hope that pack job was just for the video and not for a jump because I have never seen anyone just throw their pack job down like that. That’s pretty scary!! Maybe that’s your problem right there! Pack job is a lot more important in this sport bro!!

Coco

Wow, John is one sloppy ass packer!!!! I know there are many different ways to pack a BASE rig but I truly hope that pack job was just for the video and not for a jump because I have never seen anyone just throw their pack job down like that.

I learned to pack this way. And I know many other who pack this way as well. You dress everything nicly on your shoulder, then you lay the pack job down and then you redress the packjob agian. If you lay the pack job down like he did, the only thing you have to do is to be more careful while redressing.
I never had an offheading packing this way. Today I pack differently but only because I'm lazy and I like my tools...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Well I do a pro pack also and then lay it on the ground and redress it, but I don't chuck that shit on the ground like he did. I'm a little more meticulous I guess....

(I pack like Jimmy P on the old vertigo packing video)

Coco

John is one sloppy ass packer!!!!

Huh? how can you tell???

I pack the same way,and can tell you that my "propack" is only to make it more easy as i pack for real on the ground..

I might get a packjob of mine videoed and up here:ph34r: oh i think 813 has it on video anyway.. At a dark place after i had might too many pints(damn R. to leave me alone at the pub for 3,5 hours while he went to the ER,to get stiched up:ph34r::D) Oh i jumped that packjob aswell off a 300ft concrete tower i think.great onheadding but poor landing:ph34r:

He he that video dont show much of his pack job,not enugh to tell its bad atleast..
Not all BASEjumpers are packing nazies whith a 2 digit # of tools:P

That said you has a really vaild point:
A packjob is important in this sport and needs to be done correct..

Anyone seen 813 lately? i think he become gay(he still walk arround public whith a pink hat)..
Mac you mincer answer your phone;):ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

its the redressing thats important:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

"5000 BASE jumpers"... are there really that many? I know a lot of skydivers who have made only one or two...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

John is one sloppy ass-packer!!!!

Now that's a nugget!!!:P
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

u dont know heavy or sloopy or dirty till u met my sister
and her cat.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I'll video one of my pack jobs when i have the time to show you what I do. The nicer you make it when you have it on your shoulder and laying it down softer the less you have to do when you redress it. Faster pack job.... But thats just me...

Coco

yeah buddy

please do

just what we need - packing lessons from someone with 36 basejumps

:|

Hey! That’s not cool! You don't really know my background...I could be a master rigger taught by the best and have examined all different types of BASE packing!

Yea I haven’t and I'm not.... :D:P Well if you have a copy of the Vertigo Packing video, I pack exactly like jimmy and I lay my canopy down just like he does. I just look at how john pretty much threw down his pack job in the video and wonder how everything you just flaked out doesn’t go to crap. That’s all I'm saying. To each his own.... I’m just a very meticulous packer and I would never just drop my pack job like he did. "shrug"

And I was only gonna show how I lay it down not teaching how to pack a BASE rig.

Coco

What's the point in posting it if you do it exactly like Jimmy does?

Wouldn't someone wanting to learn that be better served to approach Jimmy themselves?

Your enthusiasm for base is inspiring.

You seem very dedicated too and that is cool.

Your post-whoring does get tiresome, though.

Aren't you supposed to be studying at the moment for that big test anyway?

cya

Well since I remembered I do it like in the packing video I mentioned it and now I won't post.

[:/] yea I guess I have been post-whoring ey? Sorry...I guess since I can't jump right now I gotta do something BASE related so I talk about it instead. I'll tone it down.

Yea I am but when I take a 5 mintue break here and there i use the time to look at the board. And I can make quick posts jsut not the long ones.

Coco

i do think i pack "correctly".
i do think that a parachute will do what IT wants.
i do think you can influence it.
i do think winds will influence it more.

i don't pack meticulously.
i don't use clamps.
i don't micro-reef.
i don't use condoms.

flat and stable is where it's at.
i jumped off some shit with a parachute on my back, some people told me that was pretty cool. i thought it was awesome. my 2nd and 3rd jumps were off a 2000ft A. i have no BASE related injuries or wire strikes, yet.

oh, sorry... i thought this was the resume' page.:P

i do think that a parachute will do what IT wants.
i do think you can influence it....

I think that's a nugget.

I also think it's one of the wisest ways I've heard this situation described. All we can really do is influence the parachute. Control? Not so much...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I am the grand master dragon of packing. if u would like me to teach u I wont, unless your really hot.
packing is like sex you can mash it together in a hurry,
or spend some time and do it the right way.
by the way if it takes u more than 15 min. to pack. Take up bowling, because u suck.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

he he wasnt to bitch slap you mate i just wanted to say that the way John drops his canopy dosnt tell how he pack the rest.. It might took him 2 hours then i agree he shouldnt im using aprox 20-30mins on a packjob and i also "drop my canopy" and dont use tools(unless its really windy).I however dont see the propack as a part of my packjob i do it aswell as i does a line chek to each packjob,i would rather call it (a word i cant spell:ph34r:)before the packjob thing..

I do belive that streched and centered lines is the key to a good packjob.If the fabric dont looks like its ironed it will still work as it should.
Actualy i think that most of my offheaddings aint from my packjob but rather from bad winds,weired pc and BAD body posistion..

I never saw Jimmy pack also i never saw any of the packing videos out there.. i learnt packing from reading BR(now Apex) manual before i went to a more experienced jumper who watched my packjob 2 times before i made my 3th which i jumped as my first jump whith a perfect onheadding:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber