EDITOR

Need Base Jumpers for video

Or you could try this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing

'I came into this world kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood, I plan to leave it the same way.'

You said you film motorcycles stunts?

Here is the deal, I used to road race professionally.

Buy me a road bike, I like beemers nowadays, the new R1200S should do it. Fully insure it under my name.

Then get me a new rig with your logo on it "THE DISTUCTION TOUR", the only request is that it's gotta have some purple.

Then I take the bike off a bridge or a cliff, whatever, kinda like in XXX but I crash a two wheel beemer instead of the vette, much more stylish.

Once in freefall with the bike I open, fly, and hook the living shit out the purple-logoed "THE DISTUCTION TOUR" canopy (make it an ACE please).

You do not have to pay me, I just keep the rig and the canopy with the purple "THE DISTUCTION TOUR" logo and collect the insurance money from the bike.

Do we have a deal?
Memento Audere Semper

once again it does my heart good to see the base community extent a warm sarcastic, cynical F.U. to some pseudo journalist

First I am not a journalist. and you have made it apparent that you are a dick. I would think that most people would be happy to be able to help their sport grow. The fact is I will film base jumping, and some people will send me footage, I will make them look good, and they will be happy with what they get out of it. But you know , I am wasting my time even responding to you.

Go away! You are looking in the wrong place. Or you can check with Felix. I bet he would do it. You and him can go to Twin Falls and then he can claim some world record of how he was the first to jump it.
Peace.

Or you can check with Felix. I bet he would do it. You and him can go to Twin Falls and then he can claim some world record of how he was the first to jump it.
Peace.

Felix has ethics and he wouldn’t do it. Don’t you hear that the guy has no money to pay to anyone!!! ;)

Dude, just grab you camera gear and fly your fat us to any legal site on the US. Wile you are there ask the local jumpers if they mind if you taped them. To be honest no one mind if you tape wile they jump, as a matter a fact there is people filming and taking pictures every time you jump on a legal site.
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Sounds a bit like "Combining the Elements". A film by Fusion Productions that includes BASE, Skydiving, Stunt Streetbikes, Wake, Etc.

Their second film is in the works. They are actually melding the extreme sports together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

once again it does my heart good to see the base community extent a warm sarcastic, cynical F.U. to some pseudo journalist

Now you are starting to get it. I will NEVER show ANYONE my (our) objects for their video. I will then venture to say MOST BASE jumpers wont either. Legal sites, sure. Nothing more. So here is your warm sarcastic, cynical FUCK OFF. thats okay tom, he said it first.

If not I need to step onto the DZ.com wagon for a couple weeks.B|;)

Maybe this guy can flim some crazy unicycle or juggleing circus $hit. Or maybe there is some crazy 17 year old base jumper girl he could profile.;):(:P:). But Seriously nobody should give this guy any film until he post some vid of his work.

Yeah, maybe somebody could do that, but JH already did! I need some more inovative, creative, and a higher level of intoxication level to even be teased. The last quali is the hardest for me. I bartend, and can out do most. So I've herd;)B|:S

I would think that most people would be happy to be able to help their sport grow.

well.. youve shown that youve done absolutley no research..... nice

unlike your stunt bike riders, we are not here for your gain, and dont need any kind of "publicity",

\
we prefer the dark.

I am wasting my time even responding to you.

no kidding...

ps... were all dicks here... have a nice day.

I know with our sport we try to get as much exposure as possible to help promote it

well this is BASE....

well this is BASE....

Not really. Rather, it's a skydiving website. There is a lot of good footage out and there's nothing wrong with using it in a well put together video.

Do people really have problems with legal jump footage being used in a good video, or is it the part about payment?

Check out this video Iiro put together
BASE Concepts: Introduction (2006)

There are a few things people will certainly cut up on, but the video is pretty good.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Or is it a sharp object up the ass thing?

The dude probably just wants to practice his hobby just like everybody else. Maybe make a few bucks whilest doing it. If you don't want to be a part of that, ok. But I don't see the purpose of being all "FUCK YOU VULTURE, HELL NO WE WONT GO"

But I don't see the purpose of being all "FUCK YOU VULTURE, HELL NO WE WONT GO"

Yep. That's the point of my post. I agree with you.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

First I am not a journalist. and you have made it apparent that you are a dick.

Please review the forum rules, in particular:

1. No Personal Attacks

Calling someone a dick is clearly a personal attack.

Nic, consider yourself warned also.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I would think that most people would be happy to be able to help their sport grow.

not really,BASEjumping is not really a sport but a lifestyle,not all people want jump and thats good whith us.

The fact is I will film base jumping, and some people will send me footage, I will make them look good, and they will be happy with what they get out of it.

if so happen your really lucky or the people are either stupied.
Dude pleace realice that getting to the place were people start BASEjumping they often has 500+ skydives(you know what that cost??),then add the fact of how much gear cost,and YOU COULD GET KILLED BASEjumping,and YOU offer people a line in your vid and a few copyes for that..

Tell you what,your not wasting your time your wasting our time here..

IF you really wanted to get this video you wouldnt search on a forum you posibly found by google.IF you knew somthing on the subject you had found your own ways to either get in touch whith people or found other places to ask Q´s like this..

Dont think you get the ripoff just becourse you spelled wrong,look at my post here and count.. Nope all people asking for video for free to a video will get this.You ask us risk our life for your video,and offer us nothing.. sorry dude its not gonna happen..

If you were a BASEjumper it were another case..

life is a bitch,live whith it..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wasting my time even responding to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no kidding...

ps... were all dicks here... have a nice day.

ha ha good one:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Then get me a new rig with your logo on it "THE DISTUCTION TOUR", the only request is that it's gotta have some purple.

Dude you gonna jump that puuurdddy purple rig with your manly pink '87 fury and your psychedlic purple camo pants??? :D:D
Another attempt at coming out of the closet?? :D

You got to admit the facts are starting to pile on you...;)

Sorry Editor, I understand your position. I wasn't trying to be a di*k, but none of the others were willing to put a price on their jumps, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling. I do like the BMW jump though, it'd make a cool two way....

Good luck,
-smd7

Man, if I had a dollar for every "low budget" yahoo that wanted me to give them free video, I'd be rich. The normal offers of.....

1) Photo or video credit
2) A bunch of copies of the final product
3) Free stickers and T-shirts

....are insulting to my hard work. Why would anyone GIVE AWAY free video to someone after they've spent YEARS training to be a BASE jumper, spent TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in gear and travel, and then they risk their lives just to capture amazing images?

Never give away photos or video unless it's to your BASE friends. Cya.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

not really,BASEjumping is not really a sport but a lifestyle,not all people want jump and thats good whith us.

The fact is I will film base jumping, and some people will send me footage, I will make them look good, and they will be happy with what they get out of it.

if so happen your really lucky or the people are either stupied.
Dude pleace realice that getting to the place were people start BASEjumping they often has 500+ skydives(you know what that cost??),then add the fact of how much gear cost,and YOU COULD GET KILLED BASEjumping,and YOU offer people a line in your vid and a few copyes for that..

Tell you what,your not wasting your time your wasting our time here..

IF you really wanted to get this video you wouldnt search on a forum you posibly found by google.IF you knew somthing on the subject you had found your own ways to either get in touch whith people or found other places to ask Q´s like this..

Dont think you get the ripoff just becourse you spelled wrong,look at my post here and count.. Nope all people asking for video for free to a video will get this.You ask us risk our life for your video,and offer us nothing.. sorry dude its not gonna happen..

If you were a BASEjumper it were another case..

life is a bitch,live whith it..

Ok, you know you're in trouble when Faber has better spelling than you and your name is EDITOR.;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Shark Fucking

I tried that this morning,
I have special custom gloves so I can get a better sense of feeling on the good bits

not to keen to try a 69er though lol

Brian

There seems to be a lot of passion in this thread. Much of that passion seems to be directed at you. But it is not at you personally, it is more at the approach and content of what you have requested.

Remember that the following is meant as constructive feedback that could be used to improve your future chances of success in your chosen endeavours.

My thinking and some suggestions:

- your intent is probably reasonable. You are trying to make a name for yourself in the "extreme sports" video market and you believe that the participants of your production would benefit from some level of exposure. Remember that most BASE jumpers do NOT require or desire exposure. In fact, most shun it - their passion is private, not something that they necessarily wish to share. The ones that require exposure already know how to get it. They are also selective in who they deal with. You will probably find someone who will do it for nothing, but the danger is that your production will be of limited quality.

- you have entered this forum to fulfil your needs and desires and you have made what could only be described as an unprofessional attempt to attract interest. You have just registered on the forum - so you have no history. You have not given any real information about yourself that would lend credibility to your proposal, your professionalism, your ability to actually achieve your stated objectives, or your ability to provide the exposure you are promising. There is no full name (I am guessing at Brian Bourke), no links to previous works, no method of personal contact, nothing a real substance.

- your approach is more relevant to your intended market (the 3 second attention span Pepsi Max generation), than the general BASE jumping community. Many of the participants in this sport are articulate, educated, intelligent, etc, people. Most are helpful when approached with a sound / logical / reasonable argument. Most will assist if approached in the correct way. You should spend some time in researching how to propose something before just throwing it on the internet. Whenever you are proposing something, you should be thinking "what can I give to the other person"?, what etiquette / culture should I follow in order not to offend my potential customer / client / partner, how can I make the whole deal attractive for them?. Don't just assume that people want what YOU think they want. Spend some time to find out what they really want.

This video will be a huge deal, I allready have video distributors very intrested in it.

- don't make promises that might not eventuate. Back up your claims with some real evidence.

- get someone to spell check for you. If your proposal is grammatically incorrect in this age of spell checkers, how if your production going to look like?

- a bit of humility would not go astray. You should also cover the jumpers costs and go out of your way to get what you want. Don't have this expecation that everyone will just jump for you (pardon the pun).

If anyone has any suggestions on other extreme sports they would like to see please let me know

- this comment clearly shows to me that you have not got any real plans on what you are producing. Distributors will only do work for you if you show them what your intended content is, quality, intended market, etc.

Some suggestions:

- make up a website, you can build these for free / cheap and they are an easy way to provide information for potential customers / clients / business partners / JV partners / contractors / volunteers / etc. Put some of your work on there - video, photo's, published or broadcast material, etc.

- make your approach a little more professional. Spell checkers, contents, contact details, a synopsis of your project / proposal, etc.

- remember it is YOU that want something. Don't make it sound like you have got something that everyone wants, especially when you are the visitor to a structured social group such as this forum.

- do not lie or grossly over-estimate yourself, your project, etc. Do not make promises without any real basis. If it is a low budget, first time project, than say so. You are more likely to get help.

- show that you have some involvement or street cred in "extreme sports". What have you done?

etc..

Good luck with it all.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Oh yeah - last bit.

NEVER go to someone else's house and insult them. No matter how much you think they are dick's, it is their place. You know, political correctness, don't offend your host, etc. Of course, if it gets too much, then just leave. There is no real point in arguing unless you have an immensely important cause.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.