deadmanwalking

60ft cliff stowed!!

welcome to the wonderful world of SKI-BASEing. Worlds lowest BASE ever. Just hucked a 60ft cliff with a 46" STOWED. Think you know ground-rush... quit BASE jumping before you even think of attempting this!! Soon ill do this shit without a cliff. What will people call that.. a Ground BASE? The revolution has begun... BITCHES!!
Symmetry doesn't matter.

dont ski'ers jump off 60feet cliffs without parachutes. what do you call something that you wouldnt even need the parachute to survive the jump =)

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

To all you jumpers who think your tough, freefalling 170 over land , you aint got shit on Jesse. Throw in the towel and go home sissys.

did you pull? Or just used the rig as a body armour?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I think we should start with relating what im talking about in relation to the modern and post-modern movements. You can relate BASE jumping to the modernist movement. This is where people took skydiving and refined it to utilizing the tool of the parachute to its pure essence. All you have to do is find something tall enough and use the parachute. So what’s next?? Can you revolutionize the sport? You don’t need a 200ft cliff to do this. You don’t need height, all you need is space. :S
Symmetry doesn't matter.

Dude, put the pipe down and back away. ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Dude, Im so inspired by the revolution. What are you talking about. There are no pipes involved, just speed and space. Have you ever seen anyones' deploy sequece happen 20ft off the ground and still fly away from it. I have and yes... the revolution has begun.

I wonder what happens if you base of a normal sky jumping ramp? I guess they have a hight of 15 feet at the exit...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

revolution

n 1: a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving

Um... maybe I'm a little slow, or dense, but I'm failing to see how jumping a 60 foot cliff is going to revolutionize a sport like BASE jumping.

The crew doing the amazing flights in Superterminal, in my opinion, are revolutionizing not only BASE jumping, but body flight in general.

I've seen my own deployment sequence complete less than 20 feet from an impact that would have killed me. I didn't run around spraying about a revolution.

You don’t need height, all you need is space. :S

Thanks!:D I have a crappy clip that I recorded off a TV with my digicamera (4.5Mb) of one of my Students, B| Peter the Rocket man testing a new set up. I could send it out to ya if you really want to see how low you can go.
Let me know,
take care,
space

The crew doing the amazing flights in Superterminal, in my opinion, are revolutionizing not only BASE jumping, but body flight in general.

Thats a fact....:P

60 '...... thats how i get from my roof to the patio....didnt know it was a revolution...:o

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

welcome to the wonderful world of SKI-BASEing. Worlds lowest BASE ever. Just hucked a 60ft cliff with a 46" STOWED. Think you know ground-rush... quit BASE jumping before you even think of attempting this!! Soon ill do this shit without a cliff. What will people call that.. a Ground BASE? The revolution has begun... BITCHES!!

If its not in video, i didnt happened....where`s the video?:P:P

welcome to the wonderful world of SKI-BASEing. Worlds lowest BASE ever.

This is so lame!

60' might be ok for special olympics. Cool people (like frenchies) launch from 0', and they use no stinking skies either.

bsbd!

Yuri.

To all you jumpers who think your tough

No one is as tough as you though, Alex ;):P:D

Hello,
There are revolutions going on, but it has nothing to do with BASE jumping.
If anyone thinks that anything in this sport matters as far as the end of their nose, well........

God bless you anyway.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

You don’t need height, all you need is space. :S

Thanks!:D I have a crappy clip that I recorded off a TV with my digicamera (4.5Mb) of one of my Students, B| Peter the Rocket man testing a new set up. I could send it out to ya if you really want to see how low you can go.

That clip is on SkydivingMovies.com, as part of a larger clip of mid-Euro BASE. I can't remember the name of the short vid, but it's the one where you see Dwain's huge, clunky watch in frame as he goes to pull off the bridge. It's got both clips of Peter (the snowboard and the motorcycle) that I've seen.

Deadmanwalking: You really ought to check out what Peter did several years ago before you decide you've created a revolution by doing something he would probably think was hugely boring.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Deadmanwalking: You really ought to check out what Peter did several years ago before you decide you've created a revolution by doing something he would probably think was hugely boring.

tuche´:ph34r:
my bet is that deanmanwalking is a redbull guy he needs to claim his the first even if it were done serval years before:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hi
I don't mean this post to criticize but personally I don´t like low jumps that much, I´d rather jump a big 3000 ' cliff and being on freefall for over 25 sec. anytime than being one sec on the air and landing.

Low jumps present more hazards to your landing and I try to minimize the risks on every jump, big cliffs give you more time to prepare for landing and also to pray when you get yourself on a difficult situation he he!!

Slider up Jump rules!!!
Gabo
PS As I said before this is just my opinion It doesn´t mean I don't do or like low jumps I just prefer big cliffs.

Slider up Jump rules!!!

Faber would SO disagree with you on this one! ;)

I've got no problem with people wanting to push the limits of the evolution of human flight. People do die doing this, but we as a human race wouldn't be where we are if we didn't take risks pushing the existing limits that have been set. But please do two things here. Keep your successful/unsuccessful jumping escapades away from the media and thus out of the whuffo publics eyes. I have enough trouble right now with trying to tell a Product Manager that I'm not automatically going to die because I skydive (god forbid if she ever finds out that I've BASE jumped). And secondly please don't tell us that we're whimps because some of us choose not to push the limits. I don't BASE jump to impress others. I BASE jump because it gives myself personal satisfaction and adventure.

So is there any video to share so that we have a better idea as to what happened?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

That ain't so much..
I did a 30' STOWED off a bridge in CA on 10-23-2005.

>>That ain't so much..
I did a 30' STOWED off a bridge in CA on 10-23-2005.<<

Did I mention that STOWED in this case means my rig was still STOWED in my stash bag on my back?

I just got back to work after 4 months rehab...

;--)