veter_

Injured jumper near Phoenix

Just watched this story on CNN live, there's an injured jumper somewhere near Phoenix.

can you elaborate.I am a jumper from Phoenix,and have heard nothing.When and where did this injury happen.Was it a basejump or skyjump?I will call around,and see if I can find out anything.
http://freakboy066.tripod.com/

From (login=tara, pw=brad to bypass registration):

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20050620.2a717f3e.html

Base jumper at ***edited to remove site name*** Lake injured

08:56 AM Mountain Standard Time on Monday, June 20, 2005

azfamily.com Staff

A man who tried to base jump off a cliff at ***edited*** Lake was badly injured Monday morning when his parachute apparently failed to fully open.

The call came in shortly after 7 a.m. According to Sgt. Travis Anglin of the ***edited*** County Sheriff's Office, the 48-year-old man hit the rocks when his chute partially opened, then landed at the base of a cliff that's about 700 feet tall.

Rescuers from the Rural Metro Fire Department and the sheriff's office are on the scene.

The area is remote and the spot where the man landed is not level, making it impossible for a helicopter to land there. A rescue team will have to carefully move the man down the hill to a level area closer to the water.

Anglin said he believed the man suffered a broken leg -- an open fracture -- and had briefly lost consciousness. The good news is that the man has been awake and moving.

Once rescuers get to the man, he will be airlifted to the hospital.

eof

vibes
Gardner

Any information on who it was, if he was an experienced jumper, and or if it was a jumper from Eloy? Was he there alone or did they call come in from friends?
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

The person in question will state his name when he wants it known,but what I can tell you now is that he was experienced,and he was not alone.All I know right now is tha he has a broken leg,and he did go unconcious for a little while but that he is concious now.He is still on the talus the Fire Dept. Rescue is trying to figure out how to get him off the cliff.All was caught on video.I will know more in a few hours.I will post up later.PM for any personal questions.
http://freakboy066.tripod.com/

Have a speedy recovery dude. ...Doubt me, Hate me, your the inspiration I need-J. Jasta
Doubt me, Hate me, your the inspiration I need- Hatebreed

Is this a long time jumper with the initials K.N. ?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

No
Doubt me, Hate me, your the inspiration I need- Hatebreed

OUCH!!! Hope he feels better soon.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Second hand reports indicate an offheading resulting in wallstrike.

Non-BASE specific canopy, microline, possible snag of microline on protective gear (post impact).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Non-BASE specific canopy

Do you have more information? Was it a large seven-cell canopy at least?

Do you know if this person was using this canopy on other jumps as well?

possible snag of microline on protective gear (post impact).

Any idea what kind of protection? Knee guards, top body armour, helmet with camera?

Thanks,

Jaap

I saw CNN and from what I saw it is a guy that I know who regularly jumps a raven with micro line and a slider. The slider may have played a role in the off headng but I guess we will know for sure later

Any idea what kind of protection?

Sounded like the big combo knee/shin protectors, worn as the top layer.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hope he's alright . . .

Another Raven save?

NickD :)BASE 194

Any idea what kind of protection?

Sounded like the big combo knee/shin protectors, worn as the top layer.

Yup that sounds like the guy I know

I heard a comment from a sheriff's officer on one of the local news reports that he would not be charged with any crime since it is not illegal to jump in the area..... ?

any clarification on this ?

I heard a comment from a sheriff's officer on one of the local news reports that he would not be charged with any crime since it is not illegal to jump in the area..... ?

What's unclear about the comment?

The sight is located in a national forest and there are no law preventing the use of parachutes in national forests

Got it Kevin, Thanks.

Local news reported the jumper as a California residence

Got it Kevin, Thanks.

Local news reported the jumper as a California residence

Local media just gave his name as - David Nunn

I was there today. I watched the jump. He had a 120 left with a small Raven 218 I think, with a mesh slider up, 500' cliff. He was turning it right when he hit the face, his leg got caught in his lines due to shin guard hooks catching a microline. He spun in with no furthur wall strikes. Subsequent rescue from the talice. He had a badly broken left foot probably from the wall strike and possible internal injuries from the landing in the talice. He's in surgery now. He should recover fully. Let's hope.

Keith,
I thought that was your ass I saw on TV. I'm sorry to say that I'd know it anywhere. Please give Dave my best wishes.
Kevin