jimmyh

Calling all crews

The 2005 BASE season is upon us, and I know there's some crews out there that are gonna do some sick shit. So here's my idea...

I wanna put a section in my next video highlighting a crew using their own footage. There's a lot of crews out there I'd like to film but time, money, and location makes it impossible. So as you guys go out and bust mad jumps this summer, don't forget to keep your cameras rolling. At the end of september, send me a mini-dv tape filled with yor best shots, and I'll edit it down to five minutes and throw it in the vid.

Whichever team's footage I use wil get 20 advance copies of the video, a digital copy of their edited section to use however they choose, and to sweeten the deal, I'll throw in a FOX 265 which will have 50-100 jumps by the end of the season. It's a nice canopy with no bells or whistles.

The idea here is to raise the bar. Creativity is key. I'm over flat and stable solos, and I'm kind of over aerials too. However, if you can throw a double gainer off a 280' building like Miles did in RADIX, that is of course an exception.

Have fun and don't die.

Oh and speaking of videos...

Team Ill Vision's next video, OUT RAGE, should be back from the replicators by the first of June. It features Avery and his Ill Vision Bros jumping all over the world. It's a tight video edited by me, and i think he's gonna charge $20 if he hands it to you or $27 if he mails it.

PM Avery for the details.

Later,
jimmy

pm me or call me if you have any questions:
209-224-4260

lovely idea mate...dont doubt your intentions but how about they send you a time coded cdr with a licence agreement then if the stuff hits the spot they can send you a dv tape....nudge nudge wink wink
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Sean,
you've got to be shitting me friend. Someone just informed me that some of my footage aired on this Aussie sixty minutes thing. I'm stoked, and I haven't even seen it yet.

If you think i need to screw people over for their footage...

The sport of BASE jumping hasn't come that far yet.

You better be sitt'n on some pretty priceless shots to be droppnig replies like that, and if that's the case...did I mention I'm gonna give away a canopy? Nudge Nudge wink wink

-jimmy

im interested in seeing people dont get ripped off...base jumping has come that far...peoples footage goes into stock footage libraries now mate...there have been several progs here in europe that have paid jumpers nothing...have seen my stuff sold for squat...everyone knows their footage has a value and im sure you are a nice straight up guy im just reminding people to think twice before they send dv tapes in the post to someone they dont really know...especially based on your...aerials are getting boring slant.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

...and im sure you are a nice straight up guy im just reminding people to think twice before they send dv tapes in the post to someone they dont really know...especially based on your...aerials are getting boring slant.

Many know who jimmyh is:
See the www.jimmyhalliday.com homepage if you want to find out more of him...

I think it is a good idea to put in some guest material in his next movie.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

It's a good point, so I'll say this once. I'm not gonna sell anybody's footage. I'll send back the original footage along with the edited version, and I'll erase the footage from my computer after the video is produced. If I'm ever approached for one of your shots, I'll, obviously send mr. money bags your way. I know about libraries filled with BASE footage. I've got hours of it.

The point is to show off BASE jumpers that might not neccesarily have logos on their canopies. The guys I have in mind will definitely be into it, and I'm sure there's many others I don't know yet who'll be into it as well.

What I meant by the sport not being that far along is that it's still so small that if I ripped you off, I'd be shooting myself in the foot.

I'm sticking to my guns on the aerials thing. If I want to watch a diving competition, I'll watch the olympics. Those guys do that shit from three meters.

Sean, do you have a copy of RADIX? If you don't, I'll send you a copy and you can see the kind of stuff I'm into. Just keep in mind, when I made RADIX i was still recovering from a near fatal skydiving canopy collision, so i wasn't at my best. This next video is gonna make RADIX look my sister made it, and she doesn't even jump.

Later,
jimmy

I'll give you some of my wingsuit footage Jimmy. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Tight Ed.

But you know you already have a section.

So I do not duplicate any boring aerial footage you may have on file from our friends. might you need anything from me as far as footage most of my stuff is shot by friends standing next to me..... AVERy
Have a GoWayLow day
Naked BASE #7

I love aerial footage, sure a simple ugly looking front flip might be a bit over shown in vids but if some1 does like a triple back flip then twists it into a double front flip, chuck in a few more twists and flips and it all looks world class fancy
I reckon thats great.
if thats boring whats the more exciteing stuff ?
tell me what my eyes have been missing out on

thanx

I said that if you can do a double gainer from a 280' building, that's an exception. For instance, I got a shot of Shane McConkey doing a quadruple on skis from a 400' cliff. Have you seen that?

By the way, I just got my best shot so far this year and it'll be up on my website in about an hour.

-jimmy

p.s. my actual problem with aerials is that their logical result is death.

Dude.. you're so fucking bored down there :)
Don't worry it's the same up here in scandinavia.

Your idea for your next movie is good dude!
Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon.

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Good luck Jimmy. Unfortuanately, almost everything original has been done, long ago. Low aerials done five years ago by DW, Jeb, and others set the high water mark, so I agree that they are passe. (Dude, that means like so last week). Same with totem poles, (dudes sitting on dudes shoulders as they jump) they were doing that at Kjerag in the late 90s with skydiving gear. How about freeflying from 1500' towers? Damn, I remember Dwain and DJ doing that years ago too. What's a guy gotta do to come up with a single original idea around here?

Skiing off cliffs is cool too, but again, wasn't that first done 15 years ago for a Bond film, and many times since? Dude, there must be something thats actually original, isn't there? Of course put lots of rollovers in the film, I am certain that the paraglider who started that move won't mind, he's probably out actually doing coming up with something new. I think your on to something just asking everyone else to come up with something new for you. That is some idea.

You could do a flick about a bunch of guys in their mid 30s who act like they are 15 and its like, still 1983. Dude, that would be radical. But please, leave the 1980s hair metal out of this one. We wore out the mute buttom watching Radix.

Cheers! :)

Unfortuanately, almost everything original has been done, long ago.

Not pulling anyones legs, but that is absolutly something that has been said before and proven wrong so many times. I guess you have done things that your father never thought was possible, and think about the stuff the next generation will do to make you stunned :$

Just saing... ;)

/Johnnyb

Many know who jimmyh is

many knows who i am,it dosnt mean sh!t to what Sean said;)
He said people need to Know him as a person not who he is...

that said i have only good things to say about Jimmy,oh wait no.. he looks gay whith his has on,on jumps but thats about it:ph34r:

Sean i get you and is all whith you.i also would like to know a person personaly to ship my video to a selling dvd...

I only dare to say this as im not doing anything fliky so im not going to be on the vid:ph34r: but im sure im gonna order it soon as its made anyway:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yo Jimmy-

do you still have Radix copies? I've been recommending it to people, but the last I heard (while I was jumping the biggin in your hood with Jimmy H (Hawaii Jimy H)) you were out...
Would love to get another one, it's a great flic.

-Matt

I got plenty of copies now. The first five hundred sold out quicker than I thought. But I got 1000 more made. Click the paypal button on my website and it'll go out the next day.

Just so you guys know, I'm not asking to do anything unheard of. I had entrys four years in a row at the Fly Boyz film festival. You know the video comp that jeb won in 2003 with a year in the life. Guess what they do with entrys? They make a Film festival compilation DVD every year, and then guess what? They sell it for thirty bucks. A section from standard issue is in one of them, a video i called "shots from the Underground" is in one, and I expect the section of RADIX that I won with last year to show up in the next one. You know how many videos I sell from that free advertising? I don't know but it's a lot.

In taking a peek at Jimmy's website I read:

>>"FOR THOSE WHO DON'T ALREADY KNOW...BASE jumping is the next "Big Thing."<<

And . . .

>>NO LONGER an obscure sport comprised of reckless daredevils, BASE jumping has evolved into a legitimate athletic pursuit. Today, BASE jumpers worldwide are answering the soul's call: the desire to experience pure, body flight."<<

I like your work, Jimmy, you have an "eye" for it. And you have the right to see BASE jumping in your own way, as that's part of the freedom too. However, I'd say celebrating your accomplishments without disrespecting your predecessors would add to your credibility. Calling those that came before you, "reckless daredevils" is alright on a personal level if that's how you feel about me and others. Saying it to outsiders, the people you are trying to sell your work to, is something else.

Your take reminds me of a certain skydiving team that first made the "legitimate athletic pursuit" claim. They wore cute matching outfits, exercised regularly (and very publicly), brought in metaphysical gurus to expand their concentration and awareness, and they too proclaimed this would be the new state of things. Then they got their asses kicked by a pick-up team that totally reflected their name and ethics, Elmer and the Gluebags . . .

Jimmy, there's been since day one those who've practiced BASE in a methodical way and those who didn't. Is Moe Viletto a reckless daredevil? Was Carl Boenish? Is trashing your departed brothers and sisters, the ones who learned the first lessons of BASE the hard way, the same lessons you picked up for free, the right thing to do? And, please . . . is your "soul" calling you in any way different than mine did?

We have more in common than that, Jimmy . . . you just don’t realize it yet.

NickD :)BASE 194

while I was jumping the biggin in your hood with Jimmy H (Hawaii Jimy H)

Don't you miss someone bro? :P

Check your mails ;)

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!

I can write whatever I want on my website. And you can write whatever you want about what I write on my website on this forum. If you want to have that discussion. Call me.

I won't justify my words but I absolutely believe that the first generation of base jumpers were reckless daredevils. God love 'em. And so what if that's my opinion. This is about making a BASE jumping video. I doubt Mo Villetto is gonna be offended by what I put on my website. We don't even know each other. But if he wants to try to get into my next video he's welcome to give it a shot. I hear he's real good.

Somehow I doubt you and I have very much in common. But we can still be cool.

Jimmy,
Have you considered holding a "Lodi Film Festival" or similar?

That would be an awesome idea :)

Jules.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!

Hhhmmm. Lodi Film Festival. That is a good idea. I won %50 off any PD canopy except a velocity (%35 off one of those) at the film festival in Perris.

Did I mention that I'm giving away a Fox 265, 20 advance copies of the video, and the edited section for the team to use however they choose.

But a Lodi film festival is an ace idea. I'll keep it mind in case there's interest in the future. But functions like that cost money. The film festival in Perris has a $50 entry fee for the videos.

I got stuff to do so I'm over this topic. I'll remind every one in late August that the deadline for video entries will be a month away.

Keep those cameras rolling, and don't die.