Shredex

TonySuit: Fusion

What is with the out right lies?

The Fusion is the first combined parachute wingsuit system to be made commercially available

The suit is in the final stages of testing, price and launch information will be released shortly.

Meanwhile in the land of the unfree, http://www.flyyourbody.com/en/online-shop/wingsuits/s-fly-core.html
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

The Fusion is the first combined parachute wingsuit system to be made commercially available

The suit is in the final stages of testing, price and launch information will be released shortly.

Meanwhile in the land of the unfree, http://www.flyyourbody.com/en/online-shop/wingsuits/s-fly-core.html

I am pretty sure you will find that page has been up for almost 2 years.....the Fusion page that is. It isn't a new suit at all.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

I am pretty sure you will find that page has been up for almost 2 years.....the Fusion page that is. It isn't a new suit at all.

Ya know, now that you mention it I do remember seeing it some time ago. They just updated the website and it is now displayed at the top of the page along with the Apache-Rebel and new pics of the suits. I have brain farts sometimes...
http://www.tonywingsuits.com/

if it is still in finalization stage, price and launch date not available yet, it would technically not be "commercially available"
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

the fusion, while a good idea at the time and still a very interesting project, was basically made defunct by the apache internal harness. I dont know many people that would want a fully integrated rig over something thats almost the exact same and allows you to use the canopy for non-wingsuit jumps as well.

not the first integrated, sfly core already available

I am not sure when the Core was developed but the Fusion has been around for a number of years. The Core might be the first production model available but the Fusion is a number of years old and never really a production model as I understand it.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

the fusion, while a good idea at the time and still a very interesting project, was basically made defunct by the apache internal harness. I dont know many people that would want a fully integrated rig over something thats almost the exact same and allows you to use the canopy for non-wingsuit jumps as well.

Well, if this WWL kicks off well enough, people are going to be looking for anything that can help them gain even the slightest bit of performance.

I think it was Mads Larsen who had a sugar glider type suit with integrated rig back in 2003/2004. VKB also jumped several tracking/wingsuit hybrid setups way before the fusion or core.

It was Niels Brusgaard, who came up with the idea, and a local Danish rigger from my DZ who created it for him. the suit looked more like a Skyflyer with bigger wings and the the integrated rig was integrated using zippers

Niels...Mads...one of those L&B guys.
I just remember him showing it from the back of his car in 2004 at the Herc boogie.

Suit design in terms of wing profile/shape/materials seems to influence performence more than these gimicky integrated 'solutions' that seem to have no real scientific/measurable difference. Especially when compared with sleek low-drag baserigs on 'normal' wingsuits that give a flyer the same low drag characteristic, with tried and proven gear solutions.

Normal suit design seems to catch up with the integrated solutions faster as well. Meaning an owner now has two sets of gear to replace if he wants to stay ahead of the rest.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think it was Mads Larsen who had a sugar glider type suit with integrated rig back in 2003/2004. VKB also jumped several tracking/wingsuit hybrid setups way before the fusion or core.

It was Niels Brusgaard, who came up with the idea, and a local Danish rigger from my DZ who created it for him. the suit looked more like a Skyflyer with bigger wings and the the integrated rig was integrated using zippers

got any pics of that setup???

I think its not really worthwhile to get this type of suit as well because you only get to learn it on base jumps, where as all other suits you can get the feel of them out of a plane before taking it to the mountain. Although I must admit the last 3 suits ive owned I base jumped them before skydiving them

I think its not really worthwhile to get this type of suit as well because you only get to learn it on base jumps, where as all other suits you can get the feel of them out of a plane before taking it to the mountain. Although I must admit the last 3 suits ive owned I base jumped them before skydiving them

maybe not all people are abiding by the FAA (ie different country or just using private non-commercial aircraft)?

One interesting thing as well on the integrated suits is that at least the Core weighs a ton whics frommy point of view is kind of interesting design as it is purely made for high mountain base... A friend jumps a core with a 225 UL Filk in it and there is a noticeable difference in the weight of our stashbags (I jump a V4 with 265 Trango in an HybrdinLD+). The weight of course is not so much of a factor in skydiving but as this is purely a base only suit, I think one of the core advantages of the integrated design should be the potential for weight reduction.
http://www.ufufreefly.com