mccordia

How was your weekend...

Mine "rocked" as well, albeit in a much less fun way :(

I guess I'm dense... why 3 different canopies? What are the red circles pointing out?

I think both her mains failed, but luckely she had a 3d canopy payd by her sponsor MS paint?:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Mine "rocked" as well, albeit in a much less fun way :(

I guess I'm dense... why 3 different canopies? What are the red circles pointing out?

First canopy was a demo canopy, pulse 135 with nice linetwists (5 i think), got out of those though. Second canopy was my own back to back rig, fusion 120, both the center cell B-lines broke on opening (kinda hard to see on the low-res pic hence the red circles). Third canopy is my reserve (a pretty small one at that...). All this right after my previous reserve ride on my main rig... I'm not having a real good month :|

click ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

A quicky grab from Bavo's camera..
More on this laterrrr....B|

Sick.

I had a good weekend introducing 2 new birds to the nylon crack (they both loved itB|), but that looks like it was much more fun.

When do we see some video!?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A quicky grab from Bavo's camera..
More on this laterrrr....B|

At least toss a few details out sooner. What was the canopy wing loaded at? Also guessing that the WS is the Stealth 2? Not a fly-By but how long was the formation sustained with the canopy?

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

We had to do some turns due to a cloud (seen in front) so this picture (caught during the initial approach) sadly wasnt the position flown for the full jump.
But it was a nice, smooth (and slow) pass (roughly half the passing speed as this previous go at the same thing), and the glide-angle 100% matched this time (no front-riser input on the canopy, only additional lead) So I had to really fly all out to match what he was doing.

Flying +- 10 meter in front of him, and +- 20 meters lower we managed to fly in that same position for roughly 2000/3000 ft of altitude.
Though as mentioned, I was flying close to 100%, and had little room for additional lift. But we're doing this one again soon with Lutz and I both taking turns filming eachother in wingsuit, while Bavo again flies his canopy (with a few added kg).
So this (plus some of the previous flying Lutz has been doing, on the same subject/thing) will make it online sooner or later...just need to gather more fun footage over the coming few weeksB|.

And yes, the suit is a newer Stealth2 proto. It flies wonderfull when flown max, but the ability to pull it into a stall (next to normal canopies) is also a strange but wonderfull experience..
Though Im doing most stuff formation and filming in an Acro2, I love the aforementioned Sth2 proto for its specified design intent. More on that subject later as well;)

Gotta love toys...

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The trick, in my experience of flying with a canopy, after a number of tries is getting the canopy to go fast enough forward to get into the envelope of flying the Wingsuit. Usually getting the vertical fall speeds is not hard but the WS wants to go too fast forward to easily do it. Getting into correct slow vertical speed with the slow fwd speed (the stall and fall away zone) area is the fun though. If your just about there and can increase the fall/fwd speed a small bit with led it will probably be pretty dooable to hold formation for a decent amount of time.

Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff your teasing us about.

Scott C.

yea, all previous tries at lead and trimmed front risers (CREW camera mod) resulted in a flight angle that was too steep. Where it was either stall and fall past the canopy, or fly and overspeed it by a large margin.

We did some of this stuff in Castellon (Spain) and Belgium in the past, and it almost always resulted in one of the above.

The current canopy/wingsuit match, combined with the lead he is carying seems to result in something that matches the flight angle (canopy flown 'everything up/hands off' matching wingsuit flown 'maxed out').

The tricky thing is using the exit altitude difference to manouvre the wingsuit to the correct point and leveling out/positioning yourself exactly there where you need to be.
But a few more jumps (and hopefully some nice outside views) should make that one possible..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Nice pics, thanks!

I'm definately not in the that league but I enjoyed my weekend in the Loire Valley, France.....

I did a total of 10 jumps at the weekend, which included a new best of 7 in a day for me, my 100th for 2009, my 80th in a wingsuit and my longest flight of 116 seconds finally breaking 100km/hr vertical in my Expert. Next weekend here I come............

Keep having fun folks!

Ross
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

The tricky thing is using the exit altitude difference to manouvre the wingsuit to the correct point and leveling out/positioning yourself exactly there where you need to be.

And the other trick is again: "Do not follow the German!" ;)
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

The trick is mostly, think for yourself..(for the record: first jump we had 3 wingsuits follow the 4th one who had a bad exit, instead of following the canopy...which we lost....then had to try again...with more succes luckely;))

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Me and Mr polish did a few nice jumps as well... not as taight as yours though.

=)

/Seven

Maybe I am looking at the Pic wrong????? Is the WS flying somewhat "at" the canopy from the front, not directly head on but with a closing speed being increased over the WS flight speed?

Me and Mr polish did a few nice jumps as well... not as taight as yours though.

=)

/Seven

Maybe I am looking at the Pic wrong????? Is the WS flying somewhat "at" the canopy from the front, not directly head on but with a closing speed being increased over the WS flight speed?

We came in almost head-on.

The plan was:
Canopy exit at 3000m -> deploy at 2300 m.
Canopy continue flying straight in the run-in direction, break-off at 1000m.

Wingsuits exit and do a head-on approach.
We came in with 50-100m side offset and just closed the distance the last bit.

The canopy pilot had a visual on us on our approach and kept a steady line.

The picture lie a bit, the angle between wingsuit and canopy appear steeper then it is and the distance appear quite short.

Still, a nice picture.
/seven