The111

Wingsuits on CBS this Monday

This Monday, 1/26, there should be some short wingsuit video segments on the CBS talk show The Doctors. There is a short "trailer" for the episode up here.

I haven't seen the show yet, but from the trailer I get the feeling it's going to be just "slightly" less objective and informative than, say, the recent History channel piece. :S I think this may be the first time in my life I've ever sat down with the intention of watching a talk show. Oh well, still worth watching I guess. I think the show airs 4PM EST or 3PM CST, check your local listings.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Actually although the pic is a bit blurry I think that guys wearing either an S-3s or an S-6.
I can run just fine in mine, ask any of my friends whove seen me trying to catch a last-second load. I KNOW I'm not supposed to DO that, but they WERE holding the plane for me just in case, and, well, the clouds looked tasty, so just so long as I wasn't pulling a Mike and rigging in the plane....:)
-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Actually although the pic is a bit blurry I think that guys wearing either an S-3s or an S-6.
I can run just fine in mine, ask any of my friends whove seen me trying to catch a last-second load. I KNOW I'm not supposed to DO that, but they WERE holding the plane for me just in case, and, well, the clouds looked tasty, so just so long as I wasn't pulling a Mike and rigging in the plane....:)
-B

Your right. It's an S3 of mine I sent them to use. Production called me, probably as they did Matt, and said they hope the wingsuit flyers enjoy the segment. The segment will most likely expalain how the flying brings us a great physical work out, and go into what fine physical specimens we all are...... :):D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Damn, I'm good. And from a blurred screencap no less. Coming soon: Lurch's wingsuit spotter's guide. Been taken out in a formation? Happened so fast you don't know what the hell it was? Read my book and the next time you encounter one of these in the wild, you can be certain of your identification and intended application. Scott Gray gets a free copy of the first edition. :D
-B

I can't, Howie. I do not have the proper screencap ninja skills. Anyway I would NEVER impugn your screencaps cause if you hadn't made one, I wouldn't have had one to judge from. Besides, its been awhile since I impugned anything anyway. I'm not very good at it. I don't impugn things very often, since I so seldom get to use that word in a sentence. This has however put me in the mood to find something to impugn just to keep current in the art of impugnation... impugnoring... impugnory? Whatever. I'm gonna go find something else to impugn now. Politics, maybe. Or the quality of the cuisinarts made in china...those things suck.
Seeya.
-B

-B

Your right. It's an S3 of mine I sent them to use. Production called me, probably as they did Matt, and said they hope the wingsuit flyers enjoy the segment. The segment will most likely expalain how the flying brings us a great physical work out, and go into what fine physical specimens we all are...... :):D

12 oz curls is still weightlifting...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Another screengrab for Lurch's impugning pleasure.
And some text from the show synopsis:

===
No. 8: The Wing Suit
Are you an adrenaline junkie? Then forget skydiving with those big parachutes, because the wing suit may just be for you!
The wing suit is a full body suit with fabric that stretches under the arms from the wrists to the waist and between the legs. You need to be 1,800 feet or higher before jumping with one, and for every 1 foot of vertical drop, you travel 3 feet forward. When you fall to about 200 feet above the ground, a parachute is released to assist with the landing. “Basically, it turns you into a flying squirrel,” Dr. Jim says after putting on the suit.
To use the suit, you need to be a certified skydiver with at least 200 jumps completed.
“One of the great things about sports like this is if you know what you’re doing, it can be relatively safe,” Dr. Travis says.
===
Yeah, especially if you jump above 1800 feet and your parachute is released at about 200 feet above the ground.

HW

His belly is a disturbing health trend!

He was filling out the suit, wasn't he! :D

(And why on earth woud they do a segment like that and just make up what they say about it?)

They watched some base video's, but showed Matt's video's........ ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Only thing to impugn is this shows accuracy. I mean, I got called out on deck for busting 2 over manifest, I can only imagine what Franny'd do to me if I dumped at 200. Scalp me, make a lampshade out of my face and nail my skull to the birdhouse maybe.
-B

Only thing to impugn is this shows accuracy. I mean, I got called out on deck for busting 2 over manifest, I can only imagine what Franny'd do to me if I dumped at 200. Scalp me, make a lampshade out of my face and nail my skull to the birdhouse maybe.
-B

Hang out with Harry or Avery. Work on charming up your smile. You'll get away with anything, trust me.

Nice video work, Matt. I hope it worked out well for you.