PhoenixRising

Flock U Casa Boogie Aug 21-24

The last jump was a loose load and a couple of people thought it would be fun to fuck with P. Mike by burbling him. After the third burble he flew away. This was the load DSE had a chop on.

Matt, thanks again for coming up for our boogie. It was great having you here.

I still cant believe we had 40+ birds at Pepperell. In October of '06 we were absolutely stoked when we put together a 7 way.

Dear Spott,

I surely enjoyed our conversation and flying with you. I am sure your main canopy will be found before it rains. I contacted the humanity library here and I am waiting for a reply on the matter of book donation.

Look forward to the next wuingsuit boogie.

Cheers,
Riccardo

Huge thanks you guys for putting together such an amazing boogie!
It was a pleasure and an honor to fly with so many badass wingsuiters. Nice meeting you all.
All those flocks were simply incredible, I can't even begin to describe how exciting it was to for me to be a part of such cool jumps. Looking forward to flying with you all again.

-andreea

It was a pleasure and an honor to fly with so many badass wingsuiters.

for me, one of the MOST badass experiences was watching you deck Burble Mike.
"huh huh, uhhhhhh that was cool"
"Yeah, yeah, do it again!"

Andreea, you indeed are a super girl. Was fun to flock, have dinner, etc with you.'
Don't expect all flock events to be THIS good. Justin, Jeff, Rick, and the Pepperell gang really synched it up. I heard a rumor we put up more wingsuit slots and relative work formations than any of the other groups....hope that's so.

Riccardo,
Canopy found. Thanks to Justin and Danny. Lurch was gonna climb the tall trees to retrieve my freebag and PC, but the tree wouldn't cooperate. A helicopter at 400.00 per hour wasn't feasible. Rigging Innovations already sent me a new freebag/PC, should arrive tomorrow (That's one reason I fly RI container, BTW). But damn, expensive...

I really had a great time this weekend.. 4 birds flew from puerto rico all the way up to new england on a whim and boy did it pay off..

I want to thank Justin, Jeff, Rick, Scotty, and all of the other great guys and girls who helped make that boogie really memorable.

WE will be back!!

:)

blue skies,

DAnny

HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

My thanks to everyone who works so hard to allow me to come out from time to time and play like the kid I no longer am! Really great work Justin, Jeff and Phil ,.......awesome pictures and editing Matt, Scotty, Linda, Spot et al.....
I'm looking forward to seeing all the videos later...... Thanks for the great packing Alex! ---and once again,...my congratulations and thanks to Rick for your 1000th......It was my honor to be your left wingman on that one. "Stoney"
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

OK, this is too short, and in some cases the edits suck...and PM gets too much face time...but I ran out of gas on the plane, so here is an upload of a timeline I'll likely revisit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijNWpyUakM
Notice that there is one other approach as well. I was sleepy on the flight, an played with a different directino that didn't work so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMEQJniGoQ

Spot,

Man, that was a Nice job on the edit for just throwing it together super fast! You are the MAN with a video plan!!!

As a complete side note, I was happy to see that in the beginning of the first one (about 30sec or so) Scotty B... HAD the Mexican Straw Hat he so coveted in UT.. I guess it arrived for him on time... :)
Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Yo Spot, the videos ROCK... Both of them, although maybe I'm just partial to the second one cause I get to look cool chillin in the door, but you know, you picked well for that because the mood you set with that piece was kinda the way I was feeling when I was hanging out the door then so the video fits the memory... plus the soft focus and gold lighting look awesome.
Good havin' ya back, man.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

you can tell in the vid where I ran out of gas on the flight home...it sort of abruptly loses the direction, but I needed to sleep. Either way, I'll have the HD version up later tonight on Vimeo.
Scotty got a page to manifest, and had I known what was in the box, I'd have had my cam ready. It was like watching a 3 year old on Christmas morning. His face lit up like the little cherub we all know Scotty to be, and he wore that damn hat whenever he wasn't flying. he was trying to figure out how to wear it in freefall.... I'd say the gift was a success.

Spot, the second one says music by DSE.... Is that you actually playing the instruments in that?
-B

yes. That's a remix from my "Closer to Far Away" CD, available at Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc.
I'm playing everything heard in that particular cut.

No shit! Dude, you're fuckin' better than Enya! I had no idea you were a musician, man. Not bad!
-B

DSE is the REALDEAL !!! :)B|

FROM THE WEB ----

Douglas Spotted Eagle is a Grammy-winning musician, noted for his live and recorded performances on the traditional Native American flute, sometimes accompanied by either traditional Navajo (Diné) singers and instrumentalists or a modern band.

He calls his music "modern ethnic", as it mixes jazz, new age, pop, and world beat with Native American music. Spotted Eagle received a Grammy Award for his production of Gathering of Nations Powwow, and along with numerous collaborations has released 13 albums under his own name. He was raised in Valley Junction, Iowa, and has been building flutes since he was 12 years old, and he performed traditional music as well as being a guitarist for a popular rock and roll band after his family moved to Salt Lake City, Utah.

Discography
1999 - "Voices"
1998 - "Pray" (Higher Octave)
1997 - Tenaya (Natural Visions/NV120)
1996 - Closer to far Away (Windham Hill/BMG)
1995 - Common Ground (Natural Visions/NV106)
1994 - Ultimate Collection (Natural Visions/NV103)
1993 - Human Rites (Natural Visions NV102)
1992 - Stand at the Center (Natural Visions NV101)
1991 - Legend of the Flute Boy (SOAR)
1991 - CanyonSpeak (SOAR)
1990 - Sacred Feelings (SOAR)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

My first ever out of state boogie (I'll bring the beer next year or maybe I'll just bring it to Puerto Rico in Feb) it totally sucked. The weather was complete shite, the people were all very rude, the organizing was awful, all in all, very disappointed....kidding!!
By far the best boogie I've ever been to, great jumping with everyone -- it was a real pleasure meeting everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again very soon.
A very very very special thanks to Jose for his unparamount generosity for the certificate. That was incredibly nice and totally unexpected. I promise to fufill my end of the deal and make it to PR in Feb. You just think I slummed it on Sunday, wait until there is a beach involved...haha...

The raptor is already on order and hopefully should be here by Halloween. If any of you don't have Halloween plans, West Point is a pretty fun place to be -- casa, good party -- just throwing that out there...
Just between me you and the gatepost, I was about to throw in the towel because no one at West Point will jump a wingsuit with me -- and I was getting tired of doing solos...this has completely hyped me up on jumping again...so thanks to everyone for rekindling the fire.....I can't wait to get the new suit and get better. Justin, Jeff, Phil -- thanks so much. The organizing was top notch, and I learned a lot. Jeff, thanks for the food. Matt/Scotty -- thanks for the pics/videos....Rick, congrats on all the good news and 1000th!!
Paul/Elana -- cheers for letting me ride up with you and the pooch....
Blue skies and slummy Sundays! haha.
Paul

Spot, methinks you been hiding your light under a bushel or something. WTF. The 60 second snippet of your work I've heard was good enough I'm considering picking up a couple of your albums... I seldom buy that type of music, my usual fare is a bit more hard, think Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Soilwork, Sentenced, Killswitch Engage etc. Your stuff comes off like Enigma meets Enya but not as fluffy as either, and I used to listen to both. Is all your stuff melodic instrumental? If it is I'm gettin' some.
-B

Good to see everyone who made it out to the event and see a few new faces. There were/are some great vid/stills from that weekend for sure. Hope to see you all in Nov.

DSE - nice job on the vid. different perspective for sure. Seems to help to piece it together along the way, eh? You must have been tired since you are missing some vid credit ;)

Lurch - Enya? you? I think you now starting to scare me

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

:$sorry I missed a cred in there, I went by the folders, and have 6 files with no names on them. Apologies to whomever else I captured but didn't name. 'nother reason I'm loving cards; they have ID on them. And yes, the flight was long and I was tired. Stayed too late Sun night, too early Mon morning.
Lurch, most of my music is instrumental, but some has vocals. FWIW, I listen to the same stuff as you, but add some Tool in there, plus Stereoside, AlterBridge...

To all:

- Turned and burned to LA Monday morning after getting home late Sunday night; sorry I could not stay later

- What a great boogie! This wingsuiters actually outnumbered the bellyflyers and freeflyers....never seen that happen before! And they even bought us beer to recognize us as having built formations larger than thier own. Wow!

- Great opportunity to learn and grow in flying with larger flocks. Too bad many of us have to travel these distances to get large flock experience; but the momentum is growing.

- So when "the event" is over and through in November lets not loose steam and continue to build our local flocks.

Blues.....

John

Oh, shit, I've just totally ruined my image. Next thing you know I'll be running around listening to old James Taylor tapes in a cheap walkman and wearing a lot of plaid. My life is over.
B|

Hey Lurch - time to fix up that 8-track tape player???:P

Also wanted to chime in with a "me too!" on this being one of the best boogies I've been to. I don't want to repeat all the details, but if you weren't here, you missed a good one!!!! Thanks to all the participants - it was an honor to fly with all of you! And special thanks to all those who contributed behind the scenes to make it work so well - you know who you are ;)