The111

Tony Suits does it again - Large surface area wingsuit with NO cutaway!

I heard about this from Jeff a week ago and I didn't really understand or believe how it could work. But I just got my suit back in the mail from Tony, and it looks good. I haven't jumped it yet, but here are some pictures of a "ground test".

Basically, I was never happy with the idea of double zips and no cutaway. But now I'm back to single zips and no cutaway NEEDED.

See attached photos. :)
Nice work Tony and Jeff! This is honestly one of the biggest unique innovations I've seen in years and it's so simple it makes me wonder why nobody did it 5 years ago. How long until everybody else is doing it? :D I think with time it will be refined to be even better.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'd have to be under canopy to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure I could reach my toggles like that.

Nice lets test it by pre-releasing a brake line and twist your bag up 4 times before putting it in your container.:ph34r:

go for it, its hardly any different from a reg jumpsuit for reaching up, I have video of me with my hands on the toggles during line stretch,
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Whats the magic trick? Big spacious sleeves?

pretty much, but they have a ZP "bladder" that creates super pressure, the air cant get out of the wrists nor arm pit openings,

you can reach forward in freefall sliding the sleeves up your arms then when you put your arms back to the standard position the handles shoot back into your hands.

tonysuits.com

When you say bladder I'm imagining a cuff like on the blood pressure apparatus? But of course a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe Matt can post a pic of the bladder.

oh its very slimply a zp liner inside the sleeve thats sewn down the arm zips across the cuff and the arm pit opening, when the air goes in the valve it cant get out,

tonysuits.com

It's actually very clever. Still, I think I would keep the thumb loops, Tony.

So much more freedom of movement without them, reaching up for the bar on exit, just putting your helmet on you notice it, then you go on up and touch the celing of the airplane :-)

in freefall Ive done flips and it was no problem without the thumb loops, there are tabbies to hold to help you undo your arm zippers,

that's if you can be bothered with undoing em, its a whole new way

tonysuits.com

oh its very slimply a zp liner inside the sleeve thats sewn down the arm zips across the cuff and the arm pit opening, when the air goes in the valve it cant get out,

Is the leading edge rolled foam gripper inside the sleeve or between the sleeve and outer shell?

Is the leading edge rolled foam gripper inside the sleeve or between the sleeve and outer shell?

at the mo its between the 2 skins, but I swear I cant see it in free fall, I need to go concentrate on it 1 whole jump, I just left it out of Scott Blands conversion, he'll be in Elsinor next week,

I know Jeff likes the foam, But he's in X keys...............just came through my life after Lodi and created this,

good one big nose

Im sending a raptor and a SM1 with Scott, both converted, both 5,9 175

tonysuits.com

at the mo its between the 2 skins, but I swear I cant see it in free fall, I need to go concentrate on it 1 whole jump, I just left it out of Scott Blands conversion, he'll be in Elsinor next week,

I know Jeff likes the foam, But he's in X keys...............just came through my life after Lodi and created this,

good one big nose

Im sending a raptor and a SM1 with Scott, both converted, both 5,9 175

oh the joys of trying to understand tony in typed form :P:P:P

Can we get an interpreter? :D

Got a chance to make a jump w/ Tony yesterday. The no-cutaway wing certainly works as described. In the plane or out of the plane – pretty much near full range of motion.

Just flying along and he pulls his arms forward, I’m guessing to about a 45 degree angle. (Seemed to me further than the range of motion Matt demonstrated in the pics he posted.) Put his arms back into position and the wings instantly returned to their original fully extended and position.

From what I understand, he’s even made a full jump without undoing the zips, all the way thru landing, no problem.

In addition, there are some other very clever innovations, but that’s all I’ll say about that. ;)

Definitely looking forward to flying one. Hopefully we’ll get some more first hand accounts from Matt and Scott.

I do remember seeing a (custom) base-wingsuit that used the same open sleeve 'reach your risers' setup a long time ago.

Think it was a bright green suit...maybe somebody can dig up pix from here or the base forum/site.

Cool beans..thats for sure...
Really liking the new and old idea's you guys are putting a new spin on, next to your own orginal ideas...definately the way forward!!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have my Raptor and two other suits with the modifications that will be with me in Elsinore this weekend. Come take a look!

Good thing we are about the same size. Might just be asking to take her for a spin.:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity