piisfish

anyone flew a S8 yet ??

Sorry to get back on topic, but...

I was reading on the website about the s8's "bi-convex wing". Can anyone elaborate? Maybe even someone that's flown it?

Hell, if its bi I'm sure most of the guys on here wouldn't mind seeing a picture of this convex.

All,

I've just hacked out about half of this thread in an effort to remove the 5 or 6 posts that were over the line. At the moment, I can't be bothered to cut and paste back in the rest of the stuff, so if your post got yanked out with the others, I apologize. Please be aware that when a post is removed _all_ the posts replying to it go with it. Therefore, if you want to be sure that your serious posts stay in the thread, please try to respond to other serious (and mature) posts. While I will try to cut and paste to put posts back that have good informational content, the bulk of the "lost" posts here were basically just banter between friends.

Kris, please back off. Consider this your warning. Robi, Glen, please remember that when someone makes an attack, that does not justify attacking them back.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom dude where you been hiding.

Robi does not attack. He is the nicest guy that will ever cut a wingsuit for you. Me, well we all know I need a leash. But seriously are you going to let Eddy P get away with posting the picture of that largess naked woman?

But seriously are you going to let Eddy P get away with posting the picture of that largess naked woman?

WTF? I didn't say it was YOUR girlfiend, did I? :D:P But ya liked it, didn't ya...:)
See you in May, Bro. You bringing your Team VeroMax, right? :D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Ill think about getting in the comp this year, but me at 6'1 160 in an s3 vs damien in a v2 at 6'5 120 (or so) just doesnt make it worth my $20. Now glen, if you loan me your V2 maybe we can talk. Or ill just sneak a base rig on the plane and try to go lower than avery, which upon typing that sounds like a horrible idea (not the sneaking a base rig on the plane, just trying to go lower than avery)

Your 6'1 160 is a whole lot better than my 5'9 180. It was the most fun jump IMO for me. I knew I would never win but I had to play, You have a possibility of winning its worth the $20.

I will loan you my V-2 if it fits but you can't just throw on a vamp and be competitive the first jump. The vampire is different enough to warrant a minimum 10 jump adaptation when transitioning from a skyflyer or other suit, maybe more. You may fit Ira's or Dingo's better. Ira might not want to drag race and won't use the V2 if he does race.

I paid you for 3 V suits and they didn't really work for me. I might as well spend my money to support other manufacturers that are making an honest effort.

Kris,
You must have paid for just about every suit on the market and you found reasons for all of those to not work for you as well.

Kris,
You must have paid for just about every suit on the market and you found reasons for all of those to not work for you as well.

Maybe he just needed an excuse to try them all:P
Demo's would have been cheeper hehe
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I paid you for 3 V suits and they didn't really work for me. I might as well spend my money to support other manufacturers that are making an honest effort.

Kris,

:)
Never flew any big suit other than a V2 last year, well maybe the phantom for a few jumps before selling it to Padraig.

I paid for a

Trigger...waited for over a year and Andi refunded the money.

Rigor Mortis..received it but the legwing was less wide than a V2's. If you go back and search in this forum, there was a discussion on this suit around the time I ordered one, Nick confirmed that the legwing was wider than a V2 by two inches. So, I sent it back and EG is working on it last I heard.

Thought about ordering a suit from Tony and spoke to him, but never did. He was not too keen on changing his design and I was not sure I wanted to spend more money even before the EG suit turned up.

There you go, my reasons for not liking any of the other suits I 'owned' :D:D.

Or maybe I am just a c*nt and like slagging off suits for fun. Take your pick :P.

Kris.

Thought about ordering a suit from Tony and spoke to him, but never did. He was not too keen on changing his design

Tony, not keen on changing his design?

HA!

Two parts to that sentence, Matt. I did not end up buying because I did not want to pay for another suit before trying out the EG one.

To specifically answer about the design issues.

I could not convince him to make me exactly what I wanted. He had categorically said no to a few things that I wanted and we finally settled on an Apache suit but with a M1 leg wing.

I spoke to him about placing an order but never did.

Kris

Also in terms of BASE, being able to fly slower (at the same MAX glide) would seem like an advantage in terms of reaction time and enjoyment.

I would have to disagree here. It's all personal preference, but mine is the more intense flight.