sdctlc

Eloy Boogie Pictures

I'm very interested in the wing cutaway system and how it works with the wing inflation.
:)

It looks like its part zipper up the back and over the shoulder to attach to the rig, cable cutaway in the S-fly orientation with the actual cable pull handle in the standard Robi location. Neat.

If I'm not mistaken it looks like it might even be back vented along the arms.

I'm very interested in the wing cutaway system and how it works with the wing inflation.
:)

It looks like its part zipper up the back and over the shoulder to attach to the rig, cable cutaway in the S-fly orientation with the actual cable pull handle in the standard Robi location. Neat.

If I'm not mistaken it looks like it might even be back vented along the arms.

Geeze Glen, you are smarter then you look. Right on all counts.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

If I could afford it, the Stealth looks like it would be a more then likely candidate for my money to disappear to...

The new rigging of the cutaway looks good. Easy to reach.
And again..the inflation looks super solid...must be stable as can be!

The a-symentric placement of the back-inlet on the legwing looks weird, but at the same time quite logic (not placed centered, in the burble of the rig)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If I could afford it, the Stealth looks like it would be a more then likely candidate for my money to disappear to...

The new rigging of the cutaway looks good. Easy to reach.
And again..the inflation looks super solid...must be stable as can be!

The a-symentric placement of the back-inlet on the legwing looks weird, but at the same time quite logic (not placed centered, in the burble of the rig)

James had several versions with him and they had a few different venting inlets variations based on the proto type model. I believe James said the yellow and grey suit shown is the model that will see production.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In answer to your questions:

- yes we will have demos out to FL as soon as production begins (we are in pre-production now)

- materials are ZP and Parapack, there will also be a special colour option

- the PF web master is back from holidays so hopefully everything will be online on the PF website later today
BASEstore.it

I want to demo one NOW!!!!>:(

I just looked on the PF site and the coloring program has the Stealth up and running... Why not just order one! :P The suit is big but really looks nice if you need that big a wing.. I did not see a SM1 when I was there to compare the 2 as Bdrake had already left but looking at pictures I am guessing the wing size is similar though the Stealth has a cable arm cut away which looks well thought out.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I find it interesting, I have been very much a fan of Tony suit since they came out with the Mach 1 (although I still have not been able to afford one), and I have heard so many people comment negatively about the Mach 1 and the SM1 and talk so highly of PF(not that I have anything against PF, as one of the pioneers in wingsuits and make great suits). I find it interesting that PF's new suit looks alot like a SM1 even down to the over the shoulder zips
I guess what I am saying really is I find the brand loyalty to be quite entertaining. Personally, I like all the brands out there and love to see the new innovations that are coming out from all of them.
Kirk

Don't all wingsuits have arm zippers?

Whether or not the PF suit was inspired by the SM1 or not, it has the safety features of the cutaway system many of us have asked for that Tonysuits said was unnecessary. I for one trust the cable cutaway system over a "velcro sandwich".
I also like the body of the suit and wing attachment design better than the other large suits out right now.
I also didn't care for how heavy an all parapack suit is, especially in Florida in the summer.
I agree with you that the new designs and innovations from all the suit manufacturers is exciting...and wingsuiting is really just getting started. Imagine where things may be in a few more years!B|
So it's like most other things ... a style and design for everyone. Pick one or more and fly the hell out of it.:)

even down to the over the shoulder zips

For what it's worth. I was jumping a prototype awhile back, one that Robi had made before parting with BM, that had an over the shoulder cable (think zipper) way of attaching the suit to your rig. It's not an exclusive design. The suit was HUGE, half mono wing and half tri wing, but it never hit the market. Wingsuit makers will make what suit sells the best, reguardless of it happening to look similar to another manufacturers suit. It's how they make their living. ;)

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

For what it's worth. I was jumping a prototype awhile back

The first pic is the one I believe you are talking about. The second one is a prototype that a new wingsuit manufacturer is going to release soon.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Robi's main motivation in WS design is to improve glide ratio.

But the wingsuit jumpers around the world have many other different motivations and so he must make suits to meet other expectations too! (Be it Prodigy, Acro or Ghost)

The Stealth is a reaction to the trend the market was following; easier to obtain slow vertical speeds and rapid assembly.

I still love my Acro for flocking, big wings make you work hard to get "down". I prefer to work hard to stay "up" .

J
BASEstore.it

By no means was I trying to say anything even vaguely negative about PF or Robi, I have the utmost respect for Robi as I know he is one of the pioneers behind the sport of wingsuit flying. My statement was mainly pointed toward the brand loyal fans that look at all other brands as bad.
It is my humble opinion that once you step over the 200LBS mark for a flyer without gear they will need the biggest wing possible to fly effiently with lighter fliers (or maybe it is just my lack of skill and my being over 200LBS that lead me to believe this), anyway I am very glad to see a variety of large winged suits becoming available.
Kirk

I didn't read anything -ve in your post, it was a reasonable question. We thought long and hard about leaving the standard cables off the suit (But it would require a 2 piece cable and a lot of extra tabs for wings this big!)

Our webmaster has finally come through and the Stealth stuff is online..
BASEstore.it

Robi's main motivation in WS design is to improve glide ratio.

But the wingsuit jumpers around the world have many other different motivations and so he must make suits to meet other expectations too! (Be it Prodigy, Acro or Ghost)

The Stealth is a reaction to the trend the market was following; easier to obtain slow vertical speeds and rapid assembly.

I still love my Acro for flocking, big wings make you work hard to get "down". I prefer to work hard to stay "up" .

J

There are still some people (a smaller segment, but I am one) who prefer a glidey suit over a drogue suit.:)
I'm sure Glen can tell us all about working hard to stay up in his earlier career as an actor. :o:P
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I'm sure Glen can tell us all about working hard to stay up in his earlier career as an actor. :o:P

I can see why the market inspired this suit. It comes down to slow float, which I'm not addicted to otherwise I would just live in the tunnel. If you are that heavy we understand. And as a plus it has a real wing cut away system. Staying up is fine, if thats your thing, I like to go places. I like speed!

"Keep the speed." -Robi

Yeah -what he said.