FrancoR

AN-72 Boogie 2008 Date set. Who is coming?

Id be more interested in a ground-speed race...actually using the wingsuit

me too, my problem are the unintentional turns at higher speed :S I have to use another suit probably . . .
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

we do headdown-wingsuiting :)
the legwing stabilize it perfect ,interesting noise at
200 mph ;)

I'm not sure whether to be horrified or really curious. I guess I'll have to try it out myself. B|

BTW, DarkZero, whats that Ferrari F430 part doing there in the pic? I can't identify where on the car it goes, I only recognize only the logo. :P
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I'm not sure whether to be horrified or really curious. I guess I'll have to try it out myself.

Watch out your ripcord-the wind speed can take it out. :o ask a Headdowner

it´s the mirror ! btw in Belgium you ve got this luxury tax for some cars, you should not identify the logo ;)
...your mother...

www.pralle-zeiten.de

The guys in the UK are probably rocking on their pre-boogie weekend, and we jumped a balloon last wednesday in preparation for the cool stuff in Germany!B|

Ok..no actual preperation..but it just felt good;)

Costyn found this weather fore-cast for the week...looking mighty fine!
http://www.meteogroup.com/int/home/weather/world_weather/city_weather.html?cityID=49X15773&tx_mgcityweatherstatic_pi1[cityIDuse]=49X15773

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The UK guys and I arrived today. weather is absolutely fantastic if not a bit on the "damn it's hot" side with clear skies and a few puffies now and then. The steady breeze helps off set that some so you couldn't ask for much better.Rolf has been here for a few days already putting birds out of the AN-28.We have a nice flock of 15-20 birds at the moment and more are still coming in. Tomorrow is the official kick off and it's looking like it's gonna be a good one. If you're not here, you're sucking.:P

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well Rolf is here, Jarno is here, Scott is here, Top Gun team is here, Gerry is here, Purple Mike is here and lots of other guys n girls in skirts.... But the AN 72 is not here yet.. :(:(
Still waiting for news on the arrival of the plane..

Focus at the moment is on smaller, multi point dives from the AN28, maybe some full plane formations this evening.

The weather has been great so far, hot and sunny.

J

BASEstore.it

whats up with the AN 72?

according to today's announcemnt, it'll unlikely be here[:/] or, more precise, it sounded like nobody knows what's up with it.

but personally I believe in miracles and wish it to come tomorrow:P

The An72 is stuck (most likely due to some burocrats in back-countries wanting some extra money under the table) but we're pretty much rockin from the An28. The only downside atm is long waits between loads.

But tomorrow we'll get an additional skyvan, en registration fee wil be returned if the plane doesnt show up.
And night-jumps and (sunset) beachjumps on the nearby lake are also being planned for the weekend, with beers waiting on landing.

The plane is sadly missing, but the people running the boogies are running their asses off trying to make it as good as it can be.

The dayvideos rock, the sun is just burning away from early in the morning till late in the evening, the german music is even better, in short, we're having funB|.

Also dove down in a bucket of rotten shit for some free jumps (Juan "Melon" and Mikey chickened out).

Gotto run now, boarding call!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Dispite the plane-problems, I had an incredible time at the boogie!
To everyone I met and flew with during the week,

A BIG THANK YOU!

I had an incredible time and enjoyed every single minute of the day!
Big up to Benedikt, who really made a clear leap in his flying. getting to the slot on almost every jump. Only limited on some dives by the small suit supporting his well built frame;)

And Veronica, who took a few jumps to get the exit right, yet always managed to get to her slot. no matter if she started the jump 500 or 2000 ft lower than the base. She credits her light build, but her flying definately is the biggest asset!

Rolf, thank you for organising the event, and (together with meike) taking first and low-timers up for 1 on 1 flights, next to flying slots in the bigger groups and organising the beginner flocks.
His flying skills, patience and the detailed (de)briefing Rolf gives on 1 on 1 flights with students are an example for for everyone who even thinks about calling himself an instructor or coach. Cant wait to fly with you again. And exelent job keeping the whole event safe and organised, leading by example!

James B and Kristina, thank you for making sure we didnt have to lug those 20 packages of stroopwafels back to Holland.
Its a joy watching the both of you fly!

Juan, great pictures man! (couldnt resist some playing with colours)
Shame you pussied out on the headdown/suspended in soup/beer/peper/water barrel contest.

Phil, cool to meet ya!
Hopefully see you in Marl this coming weekend. Shame it was only 2 jumps we got to fly. Would be sweet to do a jump and play together this saterday! And try the table-game next time..think you also have it in you to be a winner:P

Lutz, awesome job. Always there eating tailwings and headbutting shoes and hands when people tell you to fly head to toe/head to feet.
Cant wait to see how you do at Marl!

Mike, though I initialy had to cut you from my group due to large amounts of tongue hanging out and camera chasing, you did an exelent job the next days, and showed people you're one of the better flyers when not high on caffiene and suggar.;)
Keep it up!

And to everyone talking about brandwars...its definately only happening at the user-end. As the people in charge and working for the different wingsuit companies where seen drinking together all night, and having friendly conversations about eachothers suits, business and jumping.

Anyways..just the quick, big gay thank you thing..pix and video should be online asap!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We made the 9 hour drive home yesterday. Traffic was slow in places but the stroop wafels eased the pain :)
The Antonov -44 was a real disappointment, especially after last years break down.

BUT we made the best of what we had, the AN 28 and the Pink Skyvan.

Scott, Jarno, Rolf and Juan did a great job organizing the groups and the daily videos showed a nice progression in the formations flown. Many jumpers also progressed from first flight to closing their first formations.

Memorable moments:

- Steve with the strippers (again)
- 3 way wingsuit star (complete)
- 9 way diamond
- Jarnos table climbing 'summit'
- Steve and Marks scary roll

Thanks to everyone for the good times, especially Rolf, Ralf, the DZ staff, TG guys and Costyn & Jarno for the stroop wafels B|

J

BASEstore.it

I also forgot Denis..who may be a bit of a numbers junky, but he knows how to fly, and made it to his slot nicely on every dive!

Great job!

My personal highlights:
Diving in a barrel filled with shit to win free jumps, which I didnt need being a L/O.
And then bruising my arms and legs like Ive been in a cage fight on my table climbing expedition, winning a liter of beer I dont drink*B|

Either Im really dumb, or I just enjoy looking like an ass on stage....(the answer is probably a healthy combination of those two);)

Hopefully see you guys again this saterday in Marl!

*does drink vodka and just about every other alcohol filled drink!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Wolf assured me that for 2008 the 2nd An-72 will be in reserve off site in case there are any issues. With the An-72, An-28, An-2 and the pink skyvans on call, there will be more than enough aircraft to keep everyone happy.

So... where was this second AN-72 then? Or was it stuck on the ground in Moldavia too? [:/]

Anyways, yea it was a pretty good boogie considering that the big plane never showed up. Thanks to all the organizers for going all-out in figuring out how to make it all work. I can't really add anything to what James and Jarno have said. :)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News