bdrake529

Super Mach 1

when I went to Scott Campos' wingsuit camp in May, my Acro hadn't arrived yet so I had to borrow Scott's Classic.

You put a good deal of flights on my S-fly as well, in which you seemed to have no problem in keeping up with others. Keep working on your skills like you are and you'll have less trouble doing what ever you want in any of your suits.

Speaking of repeaters, you should see the set up I have coming. If you can make it to Eloy in the coming weeks you can check it out and put it to use as it will be in the aircraft while I am there doing testing.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yes, and when I switched to the S-Fly, the difference was night and day. Much easier to keep with the flock.

That's my goal. Better skills = less effort. Jeff N told me he made about 200 flights before he started to realize he didn't need to use as much muscle. I keep trying to think that way, but it's a slow process and I'm still quite spent after a day of wingsuit flying.

I'm very tempted to make the pilgrimage to SDA since you're there. I'll have to give that some thought.
Brian Drake

I'm very tempted to make the pilgrimage to SDA since you're there.

I'll be there from the 14th of Sept to Nov 1 jumping/working so let me know when you can make it down and I'll set time aside for you or anyone else who wants to bust some birdies.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

for safty sake at breakoff time make sure no one is above you before you punch it out the difference in fall rate can injure or kill you or other pilots should you hit someone

Very sage advice.

I mention it on most every dirt dive in hopes that I can can loose the "target" logo I apparantly have somewhere on my body. Also getting hit from below and behind really gives a painful outcome, see stars, blood can fill the goggles, ect

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

for safty sake at breakoff time make sure no one is above you before you punch it out the difference in fall rate can injure or kill you or other pilots should you hit someone

Very sage advice.

And not just at breakoff time. If you go low on a formation, the same thing can happen if you try to go back up aggressively and blindly. I've done it (once) and had it done to me. I have the video from outside of it being done to me, and I was backflying so I couldn't see the person coming up below me. I was 2 feet away from having my neck snapped like a twig.

On breakoff, "punch out slowly" is good advice, but if you are low on a formation that doesn't necessarily work if you can't judge your own fallrate. If you know there are people somewhere above you, best to move to the side until you can see them, then come up to their level, then back over sideways again.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I mention it on most every dirt dive in hopes that I can can loose the "target" logo I apparantly have somewhere on my body. Also getting hit from below and behind really gives a painful outcome, see stars, blood can fill the goggles, ect

Scott C.

I haven't seen anybody "cork" up in a WS during brake-off hard enough to kill somebody yet. We've seen plenty of and I've also been on the receiveing end of the Marty Feldmen goggle treatment......and that shits got to stop.

Smooooth transition to after burner people!

everyone that flies the SM1 - question! barrel rolls ... with the lack of tailwing shutting down i find them much harder...everything else is the same or easier but barrel rolls are getting me down (no pun) - any advice for this suit specifically?

lata

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

everyone that flies the SM1 - question! barrel rolls ... with the lack of tailwing shutting down i find them much harder...everything else is the same or easier but barrel rolls are getting me down (no pun) - any advice for this suit specifically?

lata

I had the same issue with the blade when I just started flying it.
Normaly I just pulled my legs together on barrelrolls. And also with frontloops, the wing just shut down as you pulled the legs in.

I now find that in barrelrolls, I have to cross my legs in a 'I need to pee' kinda fashion. It doesnt shut the wing down (stays inflated) but it becomes a nice 'roll' at the back of my legs, not catching any wind.

The same with frontloops. I had them 'down' yet, when I went to the new suit, the solid tailwing inflation prevented me from completing the frontloop. And made me go back to the beginners issues of ending in a sitfly position.

That also took some more work, really pulling the legs to my but agressivly to make it through the frontloop again.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

when doing a barrel roll, let's say you are doing a clockwise barrel roll at the same time colapse right wing all the way to side of body, gain lift with left arm by huging the air and bend right knee aprox 45 degrees keep left leg straight this will give you a barrel roll on your center axis if you bend both legs you will come out off heading the straight leg keeps you flying straight and the bent leg allows you body to spin evenly closing the leg wing will make for a loss in altitude and a uneven spin that is more like carving around someone head down(larger circle with legs than head) not bending legs will produce the opposite effect (larger circle with head than legs) not hugging the air with the uppward side will produce an off axis barrel roll(axis near elbow instead of in center of torso) which works well if you are flying next to someone and want to be under them. You should fly your way through the roll instead of spining you body(unless you are trying to do a fast roll) but learn to fly the roll with wing input before adding force from your torso. To stop the roll you need to gain more lift on your down side and less on you uppward side. You can also roll with your feet shoulder lenth appart but you still need to slightly bend leg on downward side and keep other leg straight. I will post some picts of a barral roll sequence i have later in the week when i get back to my computer. I learned how to do barrel rolls by doing solo jumps and doing as many as possible on each jump roll get stable, check heading. roll get stable, check heading, as many times as possible
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Thanks Jeff. This description looks like it will help a lot.

With my Acro, on-heading, minimal alt-loss barrel rolls are incredibly simple. But I've been hesitant to try a full roll yet on my SM1 since the leg wing is practically uncollapsable. Flipping to my back is no problem, but I'm just a bit wary of inducing a flat-spin due to a botched roll attempt.

Could you also please post a pic-sequence of how the new arm-cutaway system is supposed to work. I'm still not having any success with it and neither did the two other pilots I let demo my suit.
Brian Drake

you have to adjust the amount of coverage on the Velcro on the inside of the armwing. for poeple with less shoulder strenth it should barely cover on the inside of the velcro sandwich also you need to point your thumbs down to release the thumb loops, elbows at side of ribcage, forearms verticle, wrists at neck, so you look like an epileptic tyrannasaurus rex
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Some pics from last weekend.

Look at all that suit going to waste slowing up to fly with people!

I like Pic 1

I know the slow up feeling. My Ghost has tons of range and where I was working harder with my Phantom I find am holding back a little with the Ghost. The new suit designs are really getting good!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"