bdrake529

Super Mach 1

i need to pee - dude whats wrong with you! :D

Id glady write an essay on whats wrong with me...
Have you got a few hours to read it?:P;)

hee heE!

back on topic ! yep got the barrel rolls sorted - a little off heading still but not huge - need to freefly less and wingsuit more!

been doing alot of back flying in the suit - damn the range and forward speed is incredible!

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I tried to do some back flying in my M1 (July 2007 version with airlocks) today. No problem flipping over on my back, but every time I ended up doing a 1/2 Gainer out of it since the leg seemed to be overpowering the arms. Kind of a cool maneuver, but not what I wanted to do. Any suggestions?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

fly with your leg wing closed at first for a few jumps. In order to backfly with legwing open you have to get as much lift with the arms as legs by pushing arms further back it will tire your triceps. If you go head low drop hips (arch) then slowly get flat with legwing closed.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

fly with your leg wing closed at first for a few jumps. In order to backfly with legwing open you have to get as much lift with the arms as legs by pushing arms further back it will tire your triceps. If you go head low drop hips (arch) then slowly get flat with legwing closed.

Thanks.

I seem to have found a really quick way to reverse direction, though;) In a plane they'd call it a "split-S turn":)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Try learning first by exiting the plane on your back. The neutral back flying position is legs together with a slight bend at the waist. So your butt is the lowest point on your body. Your arms will be up at a slight angle. If you can fly this positin stable you will be able to stay on your back the whole jump. In this position you will fall fast, but after a few trys you can start opening up and dearching to slow down. If you start potato chipping when you de-arch, go back into the neutral position and then try it again. You will get it:

Justin Shorb
Flock University
WSI#4
FU#2
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Justin
In your experience ...whats the best arm wing position on the SM1 when backflying..?
Pull the wing 'out' or push the wing 'down' ?
(or both)

And do you backfly with the leg wing fully spread without any difficulties in in diving head down?..or do you have to modify the spread of the leg wing when backflying..?

Ive seen some pics of Heffro backflying in one...got any others you can share of other peoples position backflying the SM1?

it's more of a holding of your wing in place with maybe a little big of pushing down the edges. There isn't a need to dig, like in some other suits. dont stretch it outwards too much, you do want a small bow in the wing.

as for the legs, you can keep them more together or relax them where they are shoulder width (like a normal stance) apart, if you try to widen your legs much more than that you will get head low.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

it's more of a holding of your wing in place with maybe a little big of pushing down the edges. There isn't a need to dig, like in some other suits.

A bit of a side subject, but I dont think any suit you're backflying should be flown 'digging' the wings in. Just out to the side at mild tension is what I've used on a variety of suits, and it always flies just fine. Even on suits that dont have backventing.

The only difference in each suit is how far you can open up the legwing without going into a bit of a dive (or huge dive:P)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If you are going for time do not roll your shoulders instead keep upper body flat (above rib cage) slightly raise hips (curve stomach upward to make airflow flow smoothly to leg wing, dont just bend at the hips this creates more drag) and "hug" the air (imagine a straight line thru your shoulders your elbows should be slightly lower than the imaginary line, then your wrists should be a little bit lower than your elbows) the SM1 requires less air hugging than a M1
Without rolling your shoulders roll elbows forward approx. 90 degrees. If your looking at your left arm that is a clockwise motion. legwing should be opened all the way toes pointed. It takes a little while to dial in any suit. It
sounds like you are flying an angle to steep to support the kind of flying you want to do (going for time) and maybe a little to steep for forward
distance as well.

jeff, got the suit! man is it pretty. for some strange reason, even with 2 10meg cameras, it looks blue in photos. it is very purple in person. looks really nice.

anyway, i just got to do 3 jumps on it and it is soooo much bigger than my Firebird-R and so much heavier but I only got a little more time in FF. I was not trying that hard though and did some practice pulls and opened a lil higher each time than in my Firebird-R. it did take me awhile to ever get 2 minutes out of that lil Firebird-R. I saw someone that weighs 10 lbs more than me on here say they were getting 3 min from 13.5k. How can i do this? i read you clip here and am trying to imagine it. do you mean by your instruction that the suit is being turned more into of a drag machine rather than a flying machine to produce longer hang time? what about the grippers? do they have much impact on hang time if you are not using them much or at all? where you said "(imagine a straight line thru your shoulders your elbows should be slightly lower than the imaginary line, then your wrists should be a little bit lower than your elbows)," it seems i will not be holding the wing taut by letting my wrists be down. is that correct?

I just got that Vampire V-2 today but have not opned the box yet. Going to wait till tomorrow or Wed. Getting two brand new wingsuits in one week is just too much fun for one week. Gotta spread it out a little, make the gratification last longer.:o

Also, since I ordered this 4th suit from you all, my husband really, really hates you guys now, LOL.;)

I just got that Vampire V-2 today but have not opned the box yet. Going to wait till tomorrow or Wed. Getting two brand new wingsuits in one week is just too much fun for one week. Gotta spread it out a little, make the gratification last longer.:o

2 new suits in a week! That does not suck. Going from a firebird to the SM1 and the V2 in the same week is a pretty good jump up the performance ladder. Dont worry about the times as suits are not plug and play by any means.

Nice looking suit, evey time I see that SM!, I think DAMN that is a lotta wing...;)

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Dont worry about the times as suits are not plug and play by any means.

I agree...its taken a few jumps to be comfy on the SM, the first few flights whilst an eye opener didnt have the effects on the Protrack numbers I would have expected.....it gets better , and theres still oodles of perf I have not gotten into yet I'm sure of.