Bowie

Messages from Cochstedt

Quick update: Wx has not cooperated like it did last year but we are jumping and having a lot of fun.

Day1: 23 way warm up for the first jump of the boogie.Several more bigger ways launched.

Day2: kicked off a 39, 40, 45 way and swooped some sick clouds. Graduated a few new BMIs.

Day3: 45 way wake up dive from 15 grand and several 30, 40 ways. Split the advanced group down into a high intermediate and a low timer group. All 3 groups are coming along nicely and tightening up as a flock. The Bird women had an all Girl flock with smoke as well.

Overall, as a group, we have been doing flocks from day 1 that weren't seen until day 5 or 6 last year. The talent pool is higher and the individual discipline is outstanding, even the new blood in the flock has displayed exceptional ability. Flock speeds have been in the mid to low 60s in the advanced group and in the 70s in the other groups.As always, the AN-72 rocks.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Day 3(cont): managed to get a few more flocks up and were going to launch a 42 way but the sky was closing up and we opted to wait until the morning load.

Day4: Dirt dived the 42 way flock again were prepared for a back to back with load one which was getting on the aircraft. Apparently one of the engines on the AN-72 had some problems and the pilots didn't want to chance taking it up. So the An-72 is down but the AN-2 is here and dropping jumpers. 2 Pink skyvans, Dornier 228 and possibly another skyvan are in route so we will be jumping soon.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Day 4(cont): 2 pink skyvans showed up and jumping resumed. Some jumpers took a ride in the Yak 52 which is appropriately named as the cockpit video of the flight shows and as we watched it from the ground. That plane was doing some amazing acrobatics to say the least.Weather has been spotty with summer showers passing through and winds kicking up but we still managed to put loads up.

Day 5: Looks like a wash due to weather/winds but that may change in a few hours as we have seen over the past few days.

The daily film showings in the beer tent have been absolutely fantastic with footage from the days jumps and comedy skits, Tovo has done a fantastic job editting it all together. There should be a Boogie dvd I'd imagine of the weeks jumping when all is said and done and I am sure it will make it onto skydivingmovies.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Day5 (cont): We managed to get up 20 loads today despite the weather delay due to high winds and occassional showers.Having a jump day from 9am to 9pm definately helps as we did most of the jumping after noontime.Once we started back up, the groups went at it full tilt as did a few others in small 3-4 ways. The advanced group knocked out some nice 22 and 25 ways. The South African contingent gave it the stick when I put them up in the front of the base, nice job guys and good flying.

We have a live concert tonight in a few minutes with a AC/DC cover band and then later on I'll be holding a raffle for free stuff from PD(Gatorz, t-shirts), Paralog(free registered version), Alti-2(swag), Jumpshack(swag), and a copy of Skyflying Wingsuits in Motion. Then we'll move to the daily film and then back for the second half of the concert. It may have started out as a weather day but it turned into a good day of hard jumping.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

AN72 breakdown, 2 skyvans replacing it within half day.

The most elaborate dayvideo Ive ever seen (forgot the guys name, but he flies wingsuits as well, so he's cool) awesome work!
The amount of entertainment is incredible. And to top that off, many big and small wingsuit dives, multipoint formations, tandem flybys and sunsetload highspeed exits!

I truly can believe the amount of fun we've had in the past week!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The weather and the plane fairies have been against us but the energy we didn't use in the air has been transferred to the partying on the ground :)
Warm blue skies greeted us this morning B| If there are enough people we will do some formation skyvan loads :)
The wind dropped yesterday afternoon and we got a few loads in, a few photos attached..

J

BASEstore.it

Day6: The sun God shined down on us today. The sky was perfect today as was the wind. We started off the morning with a 2 plane 50 way flock. The dive went very well and we also used my air to air communication system to relay the exit to the other aircraft.

We later did several 25 and 20 ways, a 17 way and ended the boogie with a 17 way high speed pass load. The day was perfect in every way with the exception of one mid air accident. The Girl from the Latvian Wingsuit team clipped another jumper during a dive to the base on the 25 way. The results were a very bruised right calf for the person being struck and the girl suffered a left arm broken in two places. She was able to deploy her main and PLF'd her landing into the wind. When I have more time back in the USA, I'll cover the relevant details of the dive. Other than that inccident the entire week was very productive flock wise and a lot of fun.

I am one tired man right now but I had a fantastic time once again.

PS: I must give props to the South Africans. They totally flew their asses off and did themselves proud. Those boys have some skills.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

.. We started off the morning with a 2 plane 50 way flock. The dive went very well ..

for appr. 49 people landing out values of very well .. because we overflew the airfield on a downwind jumprun. By a mile.

Vibes to the two downed birds, but other than that - it was fantastic.
Johan.
I am. I think.

PS: I must give props to the South Africans. They totally flew their asses off and did themselves proud. Those boys have some skills.

That's awesome to hear our peeps are rocking it, nice guys!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

After being the only one in Cochstedt "representing" SA last year, this year's South African turnout was impressive. The flying was awesome, but more importantly everyone in the visiting contingent brought lots of biltong :)

It's the Year of the Dragon.

Cochstedt was awesome!!! B|
It has been so nice meeting all those birdhunks and birdbabes. And what a party on Friday night. Can't remember the last time I drank that much :P

Despite that I froze my ass off every night in my tent, I had the best time. Guys, thanks for lending me your sweaters. Bodyheat would have been better, but nobody wanted to sleep in my tent! :P

I will send you guys all the drunk and stripper pictues this week.

Did I miss anything on Saturday night?
I was really sad that I had to leave! I got home at 3.30 in the morning..... I guess you guys were still partying then?

Looking forward to the skyvanboogies in Denmark and Zell am See!
Who will be there?

Blue skies & long flights,
Karin - ©The Pink Bird