SkymonkeyONE

Just back from Dublin and....

Super, super back inflation is an understatement. Lots of pop and available slow/fast speed range when backflying and that's what I yearned for most after so many jumps in my S6 (which of course does not inflate on it's back). I had a lot of range on my back in the older suit, but not nearly as much as Jeff and a couple of other guys (like Omar and Matt).

Legwing is much, much wider than my S6 and wider than my V1 as well. Same width as a V2 and Mach1. Wing root is much lower too. My only gripe so far is that the leg zippers are much too short. They stop just above the knees and make it impossible to "cheat" your knee to the outside when you are putting on your booties. I have to stand straight up and bend over to get them on in this suit. My wing cutaway handles do not appear to have stiffener material in the tabs either like on my S6. I will fix that myself or just see if my S6 handles are long enough to swap over.

Overall, I liked the way it flew. I had better range than CakeBoy did in his Phantom, but I will reserve real performance comparisons until Jeff, Scotty, and the rest of us all get together in all our big suits. One thing is for sure: it looks fucking great!

Chuck

143 seconds and a 51 average on the second jump on the suit. That was trying to fly very flat. Jeff just got here so we are going to go up again in a bit and try other stuff.

The leading edge material is like heavy dacron sail fabric. Sort of criss-crossed reinforced packing tape. Shiny and crinkly.

Jeff just got here so we are going to go up again in a bit and try other stuff.

Cool, keep the reports (and praise of my backflying :)) coming! I missed you yesterday over there... you coming to Sebastian with Jeff next weekend?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Jeff is going over there to organize; that's why he is going. I am going to be here jumping. Actually, two Finland people got here today to ramp up for Flock and Dock! We ought to have six-ways all day tomorrow.

Jeff and I just got down from our first Mach1/Blade comparo. With me maxed out, Jeff could just rise up on me a bit on his back. With me on my back I had a ton of range, but I could not out-pop Jeff on his belly; his suit is simply much bigger. We recogn that the Blade has about the same surface area as a Tony Raptor. We will have to lay them down to see, but that's our closest guess. The Blade has much, much more wing than my V1. It's at least eight inches longer in the wing root. Neither Jeff nor I could really outdrive each other horizontally on this jump, but there were instances where both he and I could "out-pop" each other vertically on our bellys. To me it was speed dependant. We are going to swap suits tomorrow and see what he thinks of it. I have jumped a Mach1, but it was too long for me. We now have a Mach1 demo suit that fits me much better, so we will see how that one goes. As I think my shoulders are a bit wide and my arms are a bit long on my Blade, it will probably fit him better than me.

The legwing is tremendously hard to shut down on the Blade. As it is airlocked on both sides, it just balloons tighter when you try to squash your knees together at pull time. By comparison to my other suits, the S6 legwing is much easier to shut down than my V1 legwing, which is much easier to shut down than my Blade legwing. Arms stay very inflated on the Blade at shutdown, but it's an easy reach to the hackey due to the shape of the wing.

I figured out why the leg zippers are so short; it's because the wing root is so much longer. A simple fix would have been to move the zipper back one inch and it could then come all the way up to your butt. Right now it's pretty tough to get your feet into and out of the rig with your shoes on.

Chuck

Jeff delivered my new Tony Suits Aerobat suit. FLYS GREAT !!! Very stable. Very good fit and it looks fanstastic. Love the features - leg zips and magnets for holding up the leg wing after deployment. OUTSTANDING delivery time, even with custom options. JEFF & TONY --- GREAT JOB GUYS !!!!! See everyone at Flock & Dock.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

I bet its nice!!! But where in the heck is my suit?

I can't hardly wait anymore!!!

Thanks in advance Jeff & Tony.

Cya at Flock & Dock

-CG-
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

The legwing is tremendously hard to shut down on the Blade. As it is airlocked on both sides, it just balloons tighter when you try to squash your knees together at pull time. By comparison to my other suits, the S6 legwing is much easier to shut down than my V1 legwing, which is much easier to shut down than my Blade legwing. Arms stay very inflated on the Blade at shutdown, but it's an easy reach to the hackey due to the shape of the wing.

I don't bother trying to shut anything down before deploying.

I figured out why the leg zippers are so short; it's because the wing root is so much longer. A simple fix would have been to move the zipper back one inch and it could then come all the way up to your butt. Right now it's pretty tough to get your feet into and out of the rig with your shoes on.

Chuck

Yeah the leg zipper is pretty short, indeed because the wing cutaway has to sit so low, but your solution is pretty smart. Don't think they'll be able to change it on current production Blades but perhaps on other suits in the future.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I bet its nice!!! But where in the heck is my suit? I can't hardly wait anymore!!!
Thanks in advance Jeff & Tony. Cya at Flock & Dock
-CG-

You two brothers might be Gay :P, but you sure do have a neat embroidery icon! I really like it. Which one of you thought of it?

Chuck