Airowpoint

What suit is this?

isn't it the Russian suit (or Czech) ?? I think Pbla posted about it sometime ago

That russian suit looked more like a copy of a classic if my memory serves me well..?

*edit*
pics of Marina's suit

http://www.dropzone.ru/cgi-bin/image.pl?marina/3.jpg
http://www.dropzone.ru/cgi-bin/image.pl?marina/15.jpg
http://www.dropzone.ru/cgi-bin/image.pl?marina/14.jpg
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Wrong guys. This suit is made (unless I am much mistaken) by Francis Heilmann, you could tell it from teardrop shaped back deflector. Ask Jari, he examined one in Chambery in September 2003. I believe it is older than Crossbow, but not suitable for mass production (to expensive to build). You could see pictures time to time in old Paramags. Unfortunatelly I do not have any pics, try to ask Jari or Jussi.

Fido

Also the base pouch looks interesting (it's the other way than the phoenix-fly base pouches, and should not give a premature opening at highspeed exits)

The premature openings at WFFC were not due to the orientation of the BASE pouch, it could have happened in this configuration too. The flyers who had prematures (and almost every flyer on the load) went radically unstable, tumbling out the door and exposing their back and the PC, at various angles, to the relative wind.

So, high speed exits with a BASE pouch are not necessarily bad. Backflying is, as are acrobatics or unintentional tumbling (the higher the speed while tumbling, the worse). IMO the main factor here is that the BASE pouch is not nearly as secure in trapping the PC (the appealing factor when it comes to BASE, since it makes it easier to get out), compared to a traditional BOC. So if your PC is in a BASE pouch, try to keep it from seeing the relative wind. It's sort of the PC-stowing equivalent of a non freefly safe container.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

isn't it the Russian suit (or Czech) ?? I think Pbla posted about it sometime ago

Are you thinking of the Dragon Skin, which Fido posted here?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you have an address for the Dragon Skin factory (Czech Republic)?
How much do they charge?
How long do they take to deliver?
etc.?

I was just wondering what suit this was:
http://www.trackingderby.com/solorace.php
It looks like a good s-fly imitation. Also the base pouch looks interesting (it's the other way than the phoenix-fly base pouches, and should not give a premature opening at highspeed exits)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That resembles the Crossbow - in the corner of my loft - except for the yellow patches???????

The premature openings at WFFC were not due to the orientation of the BASE pouch, it could have happened in this configuration too. The flyers who had prematures (and almost every flyer on the load) went radically unstable, tumbling out the door and exposing their back and the PC, at various angles, to the relative wind.

I do not agree. The whole load went unstable on exit. The only two pilots who were using the leg pouch, Mike and I, had the premature, go figure.

I am still using the leg pouch but I won't do high speed WS exits with it anymore.

Just my 0.02.
Memento Audere Semper

I do not agree. The whole load went unstable on exit. The only two pilots who were using the leg pouch, Mike and I, had the premature, go figure.

Nick, I think you misunderstood me, because from what you say we are in agreement. When I said "almost every flyer on the load", I meant that almost every flyer on the load went unstable (even those who didn't have prematures). I know you and Mike were the only two using the pouches, and the only two with prematures (and I do believe those are correlated), but I guess I did not specify that in my post, my bad. My post was intended to put forth the opinion that it was the instability (primarily) in combination with the high speed (secondarily) that did not mix well with the pouch.

My response to the original poster was saying that even if the leg pouch was rotated 180 degrees (facing "up" instead of "down", as it appears to be in the picture he posted of the "mystery suit") it would still have caused you and Mike problems on that exit. Do you agree with this? I was saying that it is the construction and location of the pouch (rather than the orientation) that was responsible for the premature.

I am still using the leg pouch but I won't do high speed WS exits with it anymore.

I do not think that a stable high speed exit would cause any problems for the leg pouch, but going unstable is certainly a bad thing with that much relative wind hitting you...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ok, I do see you point now :$

My response to the original poster was saying that even if the leg pouch was rotated 180 degrees (facing "up" instead of "down", as it appears to be in the picture he posted of the "mystery suit") it would still have caused you and Mike problems on that exit. Do you agree with this?

That I don't know having not seen that particular design in details.

Overall I like the leg pouch better than the BOC and now I am actually forced to use it. However it does not offer the same level of protection. I know Robi was experimenting with different designs and materials but he kept going back to the current version.
Memento Audere Semper

Are you thinking of the Dragon Skin, which Fido posted here?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you have an address for the Dragon Skin factory (Czech Republic)?
How much do they charge?
How long do they take to deliver?
etc.?

I certainly don't, but Fido may.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Hello Together,

I found an article about Francis Heilmann in an old issue from the german paragliding magazine "Fly & Glide" January 2001.
So the suit seems to be from 2000 or earlier...

Text of this article is german only, I could post the scan on request. The article says he built one Mylar wingsuit with "high performance but difficult handling". The price was mentioned between 4000 and 5000 French Francs.

Sorry, no more information...

Cordially,

Herwig