redfox

Soul Flyers 2 DVD

inbound means I don't have them in my hands yet.

As soon as they hit country a fair amount WILL be shipped up to Eloy but it's high traffic season right now and they are coming from another country. You could, of course, reserve one...

Loic is pretty excited about it though--which means I'm excited about it! B| Enough to order 100 copies sight unseen....

Yes my copie shipped.Whil get here in time for xmas. ( i hope);)

Yeah, so did the 2 copies I ordered for Team Fly Like Brick (McCordia and myself :D ). I hope they will arrive sometime this week, but I doubt it.

i've been trying to figure out the La Poste tracking website... Confusing since my French isn't very good. Although babelfish.altavista.com does help.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Responding to direct request on how to reserve copy:

www.square1.com (but it's not on the webiste...yet...)
[email protected]
[email protected]
1.800.877.7191 or 951.657.8260
fax 951.961.8843

or

Square1 (Perris), Square2 (Eloy) or Square3 (Crosskeys) Pro Shops.

I don't have the item number here (still at home) will get later and edit this post.

I just received confirmation that the shipment was "in the Chronopost". You will NOT get it before Christmas.

blues
kate

IGM and its lovely! Thanks Kate.
Glen

Damn the slow French postal system. My dvd has been stuck in France for some days now; I want mine now! Hey Glen, no posting any spoilers now... :P Kate, how did you get your order so fast? Did you have them sent by UPS or FedEx or somesuch?

Cheers,

Costyn.

You mean our postmen should work at Xmas?
Or better:
You mean our postmen should work?
They are on strike three days a week.

:D No, I didn't mean they should work over Christmas of course. I meant that the package should have at least left France; the dvds were posted on the 20th, and I would have thought that within Europe it wouldn't take that long... but if they're on strike a lot... oh well, nothing we can do but wait. :S

I'm here in Empuria, having a ball with all the wingsuit-freaks (got a full day of flocking planned for tomorrow)

We just watched SoulFlyers2 yesterday...and the amount of mountain-swooping in the video makes your jaw drop!

F*CK the mountain swoop from part one...LOIC IS DODGING TREES IN PART 2!!
It's simply amazing...and the serverely cut down on all the 'normal' base video, and 99% is wingsuits!

Loic jumps ACCES from a cliff...and I tell ya....the flying he does in that suit is INCREDIBLE!! If nobody told you what suit it was, seeing the smoke trail and the speed you'd guess S3 or V1..

You want to see this...definately!!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thank you Jarno.With our dvd's still in Paris this is the kind of teasing we are witing for :S

Hey, our copies arrived today!!! You should have yours too, Hans. I've been watching the first 10 minutes (I'm at work, can't watch the whole thing >:(), but it's awesome... very cool wingsuit footage. Crazy stunts involving mountains. Hehehe. Really glad I got it.

:)
Cheers,

Costyn.

B|Got mine! Fantastic mountain stunts... The wingsuit base jumps are stunning, with Loic carving between rocks.

Yeah, very cool indeed. I was wondering if anybody knew how he manages to make such tight turns with minimal altitude loss. I know that when I bank in my suit I generally lose quite a bit of altitude, but he seems to have mastered flat, agressive turns in a wingsuit. Anybody know details on how this is done?

Okay, to answer my own question now :S, I just looked it up in Scott's book, and apparently you can turn using your hips in a monowing, making a very flat turn. is this possible in tri-wing suits too?

Cheers,

Costyn.

is this possible in tri-wing suits too?

Yes, it is. Although it is a more familiar movement than one would think. Look on page 69 and you will see what I mean.As with most things in a wingsuit, less is more:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING