The111

I need a still camera...

Those opening shots are sweet, but I want to see it from Perry's perspective. Dunno if he got shots of it or if that was the jump he had camera problems.

You gonna put together some raw footage of your jumps? I know it can take awhile to edit and crap, but I'd like to see the raw stuff too sometime.

I want to see it from Perry's perspective

Didn't see any stills from that jump on Perry's lappy but he does have a really good series of shots of Harry P deploying in his GTI that are absolutely outstanding. Perry also got several really good shots of me on my back from that flight. If I get the chance, I may put a few of them up shortly if Perry doesn't beat me to it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Frame grab from the weekend. Video to come later, hopefully.

This would have made an awesome picture if I had a still camera...

Flyers are Scott Campos and Scary Perry.

Where were you to actually capture that image? That's freakin awesome! Was a second or so delay on exit or what? Did you have a biteswitch and lucked out? but I know you said you don't have a still camera? so how'd you capture that?

He just reviewed the video in a program, and took a snapshot of that particular frame, usually the one producing the best quality at about that moment in time.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Stills let you get nice shots like this one of PeteTheLadd (Ranch 4th of July this year). Granted one really hard opening with the full helmet on reminds you really fast (and for days) the price that good stills have to them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Katee, as the above poster pointed out, I simply "grabbed" one frame of the video I shot. It's basically like hitting pause. With 30 frames/second, it is easy to get one from the right moment in time... unfortunately the quality of a video frame cannot be nearly as good as a still photograph. Scott, myself, and Perry all started off on the outside of the plane (Perry on the step, myself and Scott in the door). I exited one split second before Scott. Perry hung on while everybody else piled out the door after me and Scott. I will post that video sooner or later...
Eric, that is some very nice backflying in that pic! And a very nice face too. :S

Granted one really hard opening with the full helmet on reminds you really fast (and for days) the price that good stills have to them.

Hmm, reminds me of something Perry said on the plane on Friday night. "Guys, this is the last one for me today - I can't feel my left leg anymore."

Regardless, the nice pic you posted has only reinforced my desire for a still camera. I have the money now but I'm gonna force myself to wait. Only 50 jumps with video and I'm not even close to doing what I want with it. Would be stupid to try to learn something else new before I even master this. Even if I do miss a few nice shots in the process...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Did you have a biteswitch and lucked out?

YES....... he...um..... lucked out!! :P

but I know you said you don't have a still camera? so how'd you capture that?

He has a download port in the side of his head. :D

Disclaimer: Too much wine and I had too...... :P:D

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

It took me 500 video jumps to add a stills camera. It paid off since I knew a lot more about framing, lighting and everything else needed for Stills. Thats a topic for the photo fourm though. ;) I missed countless good shots, but now I'm getting great shots :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hmm, reminds me of something Perry said on the plane on Friday night. "Guys, this is the last one for me today - I can't feel my left leg anymore."

And hopefully that leg is doing better, you might need it on the landings. :o Must be strange flying a suit and not knowing where one of your legs is...
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957