Taz

The African flock grows...

This past weekend I ran a First Flight Course for four people, and then Tonto and I got to jump with two of them before the thunder and rain set in. Sunday I organized three-way flocks, which worked really nicely to get people thinking about relative flying and not just the numbers on their ProTracks. We got a 9-way full Porter load together for an end-of-day flock but were held down at 6k by weather so most of us chose to exit and do solos back to the DZ, landing just before the downpour. (Although it has to be said that the clouds made for great views before they started dumping.) Overall a very nice weekend.

I can say one thing: I am learning new things about flying with my heels on my butt and my wings tucked away to stay with new birds who weigh twice as much as I do! At 46kg I had no idea I could go 120mph vertical without a piano tied to my leg, but there's a first time for everything. I now have to gain as much experience as possible chasing the very few who decide that three or four sharp turns out the plane are a good idea BEFORE they start flying any sort of coherent pattern. Yee ha. I'm doing okay so far, but any advice on this is greatly welcomed.

Attached is a photo of us with our two latest converts!

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

She's ALWAYS busy! I'm waiting for her enthusiasm to inspire another order! Half the people we're training right now bought suits on reputation alone.
We don't have demo's to fit the very large or the very small yet, but time may change that.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Well I must say that havign T & t on the same DZ is truely explosive.

Thanks for all the advice, it is great to get a smile when I come zooming to tell you I had a perfect opening and still working to cracking the under 60mph barrier!

Did my first real relative work dive this weekend and it worked!! (Me at 55kg and the 2 guys at about 85 and 95 respectively)
Looking forward to jumping with the pro's though!!

Yay!!

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

You kicked some butt this past weekend, girl!

Bev is flying great, despite the incident in the door where her tailwing inflated and she ended up swinging from the bar half out the plane ;) That was very entertaining.

One of these days we will have enough Ladybirds to do all-girl flocking dives! Wait for it, cuz the video will be HOT!

I now have to gain as much experience as possible chasing the very few who decide that three or four sharp turns out the plane are a good idea BEFORE they start flying any sort of coherent pattern. Yee ha. I'm doing okay so far, but any advice on this is greatly welcomed.

Physically holding onto them ala AFF as you position them in the door and just prior to the count is a good way to maintain control of those over eager or those who are not aligned in the door correctly.

As for the leg wing and getting legs out onto the step, it's like wearing a short skirt and getting out of a car, ankles and knees together, rotate out, stand on feet;)

Enjoy the flights
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

As for the leg wing and getting legs out onto the step, it's like wearing a short skirt and getting out of a car, ankles and knees together, rotate out, stand on feet;)

Umm.. Ed didn't teach us that... How did you get to learn tips like that?:)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Hey Taz,

Great to see you doing such a good job of building the African flock!!

A while back I did some RW jumps with John (one of the guys on the photo). I fall pretty fast but he is like a brick, so it must have been fun trying to stay with him in a wingsuit!

See you soon for some jumps.

Simon

I fall pretty fast but he is like a brick, so it must have been fun trying to stay with him in a wingsuit!

You can probably see in the picture that he is clearly at least twice my size. I hadn't really thought about it until I looked at that and objectively felt rather shrimpy. Anyway, it was great fun. By the end of the day he was getting late 70mph speeds on his GTi! You should definitely come out and play on our next flocking weekend. It'll probably be the weekend after next, because that will be my birthday and I'm going to force everyone to have fun with me! :P

As for the leg wing and getting legs out onto the step, it's like wearing a short skirt and getting out of a car, ankles and knees together, rotate out, stand on feet

Okay--I'll see if Tonto wants to get some demo skirts for the DZ so we can run drills like that ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the advice. I was wearing my "SuperBird" T-shirt on Sunday and a little girl came up to point out that my T-shirt looked like Superman was a girl B| Scott is just ahead of the curve on this one!

Damn, skirts, skydiver chicks don't wear them very often.

Thanks for posting my in door flight attempt t.

Taya was calling me skank and that I need to learn to keep my legs closed!!

Note to self: Keep my female BMI instructor, she can relate. ;)

Anyway, managed to hold onto the bar and get back in the plane to have a cool exit with the two boys.
At least I provide some entertainment in the plane!

Looking forward to more.......:ph34r:

Taya was calling me skank and that I need to learn to keep my legs closed!!

Now, I didn't actually call you a skank. I merely used the "skank/ho" metaphor to illustrate the need to keep your ankles and knees together like a proper lady when moving to the door :D

The most important thing is that it obviously worked as a teaching mechanism since you're still thinking about it! ;) :)

For the record, Bev is definitely not a skank. And she is going to be one of the best wingsuit flyers at our dropzone. :)

B|

Very funny and all that talk of being a skank!
I don't have any pics of me in my WS...
Only in various stages of jumpsuits and in freefall, sorry.
Can always see the Feb FHM for the World meet pic ;)
Or website www.angelfire.co.za/