basehoundsam

PF Tracking Suit Demos at Eloy during Boogie !!

I will bring along 3 or 4 full tracking suits for people to play with from Dec 29-Jan 3. I will be taking orders for all Phoenix Fly products including the V-1 s.
Get ready to track your nuts off...........

I tried them on at Deland last weekend(did 2 jumps), I was flying with my legs and arms very wide, don't know if that gives the best performance. The flight was avg 89 mph down and 91 mph forward. little over 2 miles covered on the ground.

Kris.

good stuff
I tried multiple body positions during this dive. See attached pic to see 58mph downward temp speed.

This was accomplished by using the wide(er) leg stance and arms offset from the body type position that has been talked about in other posts.

This leads me to believe that avg speeds in the 70's or lower are possible.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

if you've got suits to fit 6'4" 170ish lbs i'd love to try one..... i'm also looking for a wingsuit that will fit... i nearly cried when i had to give the GTI i was borrowing back... [:/];)

Hi Jay

Will you be organizing/leading these tracking dives? A couple of us will be showing up with PF tracking outfits. Since the choice will either be to fly dirty with regular tracking dives or get birdmen to fly dirty with us, it would be nice to do a couple of largeish dedicated PF tracking dives.

So you'll be organizing right? B|

Will

I'll be there with Montgomery Burns' Phoenix Fly tracking suit too and look forward to seeing how they perform alongside others (although my tracking is so crap I was going to take them on a normal tracking dive!). These suits are pretty new and primarily for the BASE environment, has there been much in the way of "big-way" PF tracking dives?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

has there been much in the way of "big-way" PF tracking dives?

Not yet, probably the first time there are this many PF outfits on a DZ at one time. Given your wingsuit organizing experience would you be willing to organize some PF tracking dives Craig?

Talk to Jeffro and Omar as I am positive they will be organizing tracking dives at the Boogie and they are intimately familar with the way SDA operates with that many A/C in the sky during holiday boogie.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yes.... I'll help organize some "assisted" tracking jumps. It looks like I will have S/M/L sizes for people to try out. Due to the possible distance covered, just like wingsuit jumps, everyday we will get a new flight path from manifest that will work out with the rest of everyone else.
As far as flying with other people, or even flying with someone in older-style pants........ it's a waste of time........... unless you like looking several thousand feet down and behind at people.
I will not be taking any orders at The Boogie, as all sales must go thru the contracted vendor(Square2). I will only be there as a rep allowing people to play with the GOODS......
As Lou pointed out...... due to the crowded skies, I will only lend gear out to people with 100+ skydives. For 2 reasons........one is that with the coverable distance it's quite easy to fly yourself into someone else's jump. Two is that at the Moab Boogie, I lent them out to some people who could not land parachutes, and they returned the loaners with butt holes, and sand stains......
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

That is very good advice, you are right, those skies are going to be very crowded.

How about demoing one of the outfits and organizing a tracking dive? You never know, you might prefer the PF pants to Birdman's... ;)

Lou is currently slightly out of town.

I'll lend you my S3 Will, and you can do a comparo.

JP

I haven't skydived since January and have never flown a wingsuit so I'll pass, thanks for the offer though

Will, I'm bringing ALL of my suits (in fact, you are probably going to carry a couple of them in your luggage! :-P), so once you get current again, we can progress you all the way up to JP's S3!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'll lend you my S3 Will, and you can do a comparo.

I haven't skydived since January and have never flown a wingsuit so I'll pass, thanks for the offer though. :)

dude, what could go wrong? :S:P

you base jumpers aren't afraid of a little extra nylon under the arms and between the legs are you? :o

after all, it's a skydive, you have tons of altitude! and a reserve! :P

soon to be gone

He's skeered of all that wind that tends to build up after you fall more than 9.5 seconds.

:P

9.5 seconds ??

who are you kidding, he's in the U.K. and haven't jumped out of a plane since january...

not only will he exit the plane and instinctively pull 3 seconds later, he'll be scared as all hell when he sees a slider again! :o:P

soon to be gone