2ndgensteinke

free flying in shorts and t shirt??

Does anyone here ever freefly in shorts and a T shirt?? or maybe pants and t shirt?? I would expect to get spanked on deployment but i was just seein if any one does it or has done it,,

Yes.

Why would you get spanked on deployment?

I do it all the time

I prefer to have everything neat and tucked away but every once and a while you will see me kick on some man-pris and a long sleeve...

just make sure the shirt is tucked away so it doesnt cover your handles

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

just make sure the shirt is tucked away so it doesnt cover your handles

My FF coach gave me a good trick for that, first you need shorts/pants that can have a belt. Take 2 parachute packing elastics, tie one elastic to one left side belt pass, the other to some right side belt pass. And then put your rig on and stuff your t-shirt in the elastics with two three turn and your safe to jump!

really common in summer actually..

tuck your shirt, tie it to your belt loops even so it wont cover your handles (never fun) and be aware you will be falling a good bit faster than with a jump suit and generally have less control than you are used to.

also be very aware of the additional hazzards when landing off and extra scrapes if/when you have to PLF.

T-shirt and Shorts was my default mode at Skyfest in swampy hot Houston TX this year. It really helped with the heat. I was able to jump with others in freefly suits and match fall rates pretty well. I think my tunnel time helped me much with that.

Oz
Motion = Emotion

your flying ability becomes sucky...
and it feels more like falling vs flying.
so on hot days if i wanna jump seriously i wear the full suit,, semi seirious jumps i go with freefly pants and shirts... and one of the zoo dives which i don't really give a crap i wear t-shirt and shorts....
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Does anyone here ever freefly in shorts and a T shirt?? or maybe pants and t shirt?? I would expect to get spanked on deployment but i was just seein if any one does it or has done it,,

thats what i usually wear. i deffinately tuck in my laces and shirt.:ph34r:
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

In my vast freefly experience (15ff jumps) I always jump in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. I am thinking of picking up a freefly suit to maybe slow me down a little bit. Apparently, I fall like a comet in a sit.
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

That would make it hard to stay relative to other people who bought suits for a neutral fall rate. While arguably better than nothing, playing with yourself just isn't as interesting as being with other people.

Yesterday I jumped in cargo pants and a spandex long sleeved shirt. While in sit, the pants flew up to the knees and started flapping but it was no big deal and didnt affect my jump. What did was the excess legstrap that came unstowed and smacked my lower back. :S

Poetry don't work on whores.

Just curious:
1. You got some modern safe gear to do that with?
2. How do you know its halfway decent - are you freeflying with a coach?
3. Can you dock safely on someone/ people on your belly?
4. How is your track?

Not flaming just curious.
Never try to eat more than you can lift