gobblin1

AD Licences

Ok guys and gals, a friend of mine said that theres nearly 100 people who have paid Olav Zipser 100 dollars to do AD tests and still havent gotten the pass certifigates. In some cases its been 3 years since they've passed. Who thinks thats reasonable.
I think its a waste of money but, hey
who thinks that OK
I think its a bit of a joke
The con clown strikes again

Whether or not its good/bad/wrong/right/whatever, creating a profile, with no identification in it to slate someone on the basis of something a friend told you is a touch troll-like dont ya think? :S
Never try to eat more than you can lift

How does your friend know this and do you have any proof? If not, I think your post is severely lacking in credibility.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In Apr 03 I passed my AD A. Olavs house in Pahokee was ransacked about 2 or so years ago and they dont have a laserwriter to print them out. I have a couple of mates about 50 AD tests back who havent got theirs either, so i dont know about 100 but 50 ADers for sure

I still think the AD system is a good one, but not very happy about having to wait 3 years to get the cert(its a bit petty having a piece of paper but i did pay around 100 bones for it)

Stuff like this is probably why not many people bother doing the test anymore, max sympathy for having you house broken into but it doesnt take 3 years to buy a new printer. Pretty bad!

The AD thing was good back in 2000-2001 when people couldn't really freefly, it showed a certain level of skill; however, the sport has moved on and the AD system really is pointless now. How many of the past US FF champs have an AD? Well, since they don't have an AD they must suck right? Oh, wait, they won nationals and they're badass FFers. I guess they didn't want to waste their time with the AD and then give Olav money for him to say you can freefly. Ah, crap, I just said freefly, that means I own Olav $1.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why would something that gauges a flyers skill in 2000-01 be useless now?

The ball is still a valuable tool when used in the right hands and is still the only non biased freefly test you can do. 3d award whats with that? Ball test, you either do it or you don't and even if you cant do it you can get a pretty good Idea of how far you have come and how far you have to go.

All the ball test are intended to do is add a little structure to a individual freeflyers progression. Its just a shame its a bit of a nightmare finding people who will give out the tests.

Actually, you owe him $3.20 for each use..and because he has the acronym rights too I heard and that is 10 cents extra.

FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY FREEFLY

I just feel like throwing caution to the wind today. :ph34r:

The ball is still a valuable tool when used in the right hands and is still the only non biased freefly test you can do

How many ball masters are still out there that still actively jump with a ball? If its such a great test how come I don't see all of these champion freefliers using the ball to coach their students with? The only time I see a FF ball anymore is on old videos or when some low time jumper really wants to do a ball jump with someone who ballmaster since that's what they've seen in the old videos.

So in reality the AD test is really more about showing some ego and making some money, right? Otherwise wouldn't you think that current crop of top end FF talen would advocate getting the AD? I asked some of the top FFers that I've seen over the past couple years about the AD. As I honestly remember I think every single one of the laughed then started talking about something else.

I would suspect the reason that "champion freeflyers" dont jump the ball much these days is because they lack a place to do this type of jump safely and that any ball jump no matter how experienced the ball master is, still has the posibility of things getting complicated. Most good freeflyers realise that jumping with the ball is a big responsibility so in most cases they dont do it.

I'll think you'll find that most of the top freeflyers actually have a AD license and if they dont, would have still jumped a ball at some stage. The fact that you dont see many of the top flyers advocating doing the AD tests is probably more to do with the fact that by getting a AD license you are going through a particular school to be recognised. Nobody bigs up the competition, its not good business. This still dont mean the ball test is not a valuable test.

coaching with the ball? Probably not such a good idea! I dont think thats the point at all.

The test in it self is sound and completely non biased. Give me a badge, certificate pat on the back, I dont really give a s##t. But at least I know that by passing the test means I can do a number of concurrent activities headown or whatever under a little stress and in a structured frame work. The ball test were designed so that people that passed would understand they had a certain level of flying making things in the early days alot safer. i.e. big ways...

It must be great jumping in a place where every body is so good and sure of their flying that they dont need any form of structure to their progression. I wish I jumped there.

Actually you've convinced me. yeah fly free. having some form of skill measuring device for skydiving what a rubbish idea! yeah ball test is all about Ego. :|

Actually you've convinced me. yeah fly free. having some form of skill measuring device for skydiving what a rubbish idea! yeah ball test is all about Ego.

You can believe whatever you want. If that includes needing a ball to evalutate and learn, then good for you.

Looking back at the evolution of the sport as a whole you would recognize that FFing is taking the same path that RW once took. So looking at their training methods I see why Airspeed came up with a seperate licensing structure based on doing maneuvers around a skyball.

FFing has evolved, the sport has moved on and the skill level has grown to a point that its amazing. Especially for the short amount of time it has been (relatively). I can go get coaching from the top FFers for not much money and learn a lot.

If you still need something to further test your skill with a fixed object there's a new thing that just opened up called Skyventure.

Yeah fair one about the tunnel. Im sure that developments like the tunnle are definitely going to kick things into overdrive. Still dont mean that the test is a bad thing.

Im pretty sure that the IBA have some form of structured program for flyers to go through before you can just run in the tunnel with bunch of guys flying headown in there. Pretty much sounds as though you must show you have a certain skill level before you get signed off to go bust some headown flying in the tunnle.

The test is there as a yard stick. Pure and simple. I would say that to go in the tunnle and test your self is far safer than doing a ball test even if the flying style of regular flyers differs a little but the whole process has far less implications than jumping a ball.

I suppose you'll be on here in ten years time telling people that going through a tunnle progression sytem is all about ego and is a money making scam. also that flyers skill levels have grown to a point that it amazing and that you can get coaching from a top freeflyer without doing any tests. The fact is there will always be tests to show others that they can trust you and to give people the confidence to move onto bigger and better things.

the Airspeed thing? Thats just silly!:$

Like you say its all about evolution. but just because something is a little old still dont mean it has lost its purpose. Farari testerossa was designed in the 80's I bet they can still go pretty fast though?! Huh.

the Airspeed thing? Thats just silly!

Sure, but I bet you chuckled.:D

I suppose you'll be on here in ten years time telling people that going through a tunnle progression sytem is all about ego and is a money making scam.

If skydiving is still around.[:/] Hopefully by then we'll have something even better to train with. Atleast the tunnels don't have licenses you have to pay for to test with by a single person...who also keeps all the money that the licenses generate.;)

If skydiving is still around. Hopefully by then we'll have something even better to train with. Atleast the tunnels don't have licenses you have to pay for to test with by a single person...who also keeps all the money that the licenses generate.

I can see where your coming from on that point.

being curious george for a day! I saw on your website that you are one of olavs instructors, so whats the crack with the certifigates anyhow? Trying to keep the thread on point. Can you explain why olav is pocketing sizeable amounts of euros and not keeping up his end?

Just curious again, who voted reasonable and why?

All I can do is speak for myself. I have my AD "A" and I recieve my certificate the following day.

I am very proud of my accomplishment and would suggest to any other freeflyer who wanted to take the test to do so.

As for the reference to the wind tunnels, I am fairly confused about that.
I am by no means a pro level freeflyer but I have competed for many years, been a Project Horizon participant, participated in state and world VRW records and hold my AD license and to this day have over 250 hours of tunnel time and when I do get a chance to visit a Skyventure facility the instructors will not permit me to fly on my head.

I am glad that Olav gave me the opportunity to push my skills where in the tunnel instructors would not even give me the opportunity to try.

I guess it is ego, but damn it was fun taking the test.;)

If I may quote Missy Nelson, "Spread The Love".
I'm sorry your friend doesn't have his certificate yet but its always good to know you did pass it and it makes a good baseline to judge your own abilities.

Plans are a foot to rectify the situation.

Yeah there have been some complications in regards to who recived the certificates and who has not. The move of the First School from the US to Europe and other factors means there has been a sizable delay in the issue of the test certificates.

It will be sorted.

Plans are a foot to rectify the situation.
--(Like let things sit for awile longer until the guy looses the remaining shred of credibility he doesnt have? Nobody takes him seriously, if they ever did¬)

Yeah there have been some complications in regards to who recived the certificates and who has not. The move of the First School from the US to Europe and other factors means there has been a sizable delay in the issue of the test certificates.

--(What are the complications, Olav just doesnt want to live up to his side of the bargain. Ha!)
--(The word I got from perris valley is that the only complications are that Olav is finding it tough to sit on his lawn chair and smoke at the same time while suckers like us freeflyers pay to do the test and nothing to show for it!! Lifes a bitch)