danwayland

Show me your backfly!

I just searched the web, and I could not find one video of somebody backflying in freefall. Other than a tracking dive I mean. Nobody giving their foot to a tandem or taking a grip on an RW formation from their back. There are some really good videos of backflying in the tunnel, but none that I could find in freefall.

I wanna see one. I backflew fairly well in the tunnel, but it didn't transfer 100% to freefall. Maybe because the rig keeps me from feeling the air, maybe because the tunnel provides a constant reference point, or maybe because I had a lot of practice in a short period of time at the tunnel, but then I leaked skills before I got to freefall, I dunno, but I wanna see somebody doing it.

Anybody got anything super hot freefall backfly vids?

thanks,
--
Dan Wayland
http://www.danwayland.com

I noticed thats at the cajun chickens website and I haven't seen the video yet......is that SGC's year end or somebody else's that Phree was nice enough to post there?

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Zup Dano: Check out Guano's freefly routine at this years Nationals - good backfly sequence.

Question: Is there anything special about the wings on a camera suits used by guys that backfly with tandems?

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Question: Is there anything special about the wings on a camera suits used by guys that backfly with tandems?

You can ask him if you want, his DZ.com name is garyharbird. I don't know him or anything but it's in the credits and the original post I got the video from. I was curious about the suit too.

I have a question - does a backfly have a similar speed range to normal belly to earth? It looks to me like it should be faster unless you are in a fairly uncomfortable position (barring wings of course)

Cheers for any input
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Yes, you can fly faster then on your belly. You can arch a lot better on your back. Theoretically you could touch your feet with your hands while on your back. You would have a minimal air resistance this way.
But you can also slow down to an equal speed as on your belly. The range is bigger on your back.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Now thats just given me a vision of a completely new discipline.......at last ! a new way to unite free and flat flyers..
4 way RW but with 2 on their belly and 2 on their back at all times....turning points ....hmm
lets call it "Hybrid RW" for want of a better description

I think thats got a future.....:)

there's a video out called "learning to backfly" or something like that. it's the first in a series of 5 or 6 dvds that joao, juliana and fabian are putting out to teach peeps to freefly. there's backflying in the air and in the tunnel on it....pretty cool.

Master of the back to earth front float exit!!!

Yes, but how did he get his feet on back-to-front as well? That looks like a handy trick.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Hey man !

Remember me ? I Visited skydive houston about a week ago.. How you guys doing ?

BTW. Say Hello to Rodney from me ..

Will do! I hope you have a good season at home, and look forward to seeing when you visit SDH again. We will get some in next time;)