weegegirl

Butt Bungies

Do you use one? I'm so sick of my leg straps moving around on me when I'm doing freestyle or sitflying. That probably wouldn't happen if my rig had a more custom fit.

So as we speak, my rigger is installing me a butt bungie. Just thought I'd share. :P

Can you tell I'm bored? :S:D

nope, my infinity fits perfectly.. the leg straps arent going anywhere no matter how i contort... and i've flown in some strange positions at times...;)

ooioo i wonder who's going to get the beer for the first "bungie suprise"? ;)B|

I used to believe they are unneccessary on properly fitting rigs. About 150 jumps on my new Voodoo seemed to support this opinion. Then one jump, I suddenly found myself with one leg strap (which was as tight as ever, since I always check them before exit) halfway down to my knee just after I spocked someone. I don't know what exactly I did with my legs to cause this, but I dug out the bungee that came with the rig from my gear bag and installed it before even packing for the next jump. I don't think the strap could actually get below my knee even if I tried, but having it slip really messed up the flow of what was to that point a great jump and I certainly don't want that to happen again...

And bungie surprises- well, you learn to, um, watch your back after it happens a few times.:P

uh-oh. haha. what exactly is a "bungie surprise"? or should i not ask? :ph34r:

ah don't worry, you'll feel what that is soon enough.

I really hate them cause i'm one of the rare FF in my country that uses bungie cord, and most relative workers here somehow see that cord as a fun... :S:D
"George just lucky i guess!"

ahhhh... i see... a bungie "surprise".... right right.... yes, that could be quite annoying after a while i suppose. :P

especially when you are loading the plane, and someone behind you wants you to move out of the way :o :D

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

So as we speak, my rigger is installing me a butt bungie.

Much like asking a mechanic to fill your car up with gas.

Gordy - "More money spent". Bungie is just cents to buy at REI. Loop it through the eyelets a time or two, either tie a knot and/or make a small stitch and it's done. (If you're real fancy, you can trim off the excess and melt the ends, but that's just nuts).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Gordy - "More money spent". Bungie is just cents to buy at REI. Loop it through the eyelets a time or two, either tie a knot and/or make a small stitch and it's done. (If you're real fancy, you can trim off the excess and melt the ends, but that's just nuts).

Ahem-- not all harnesses have the loops on the leg pads, hot shot. And I don't think we're supposed to just sew our own loops on. ;)

Kelly

So as we speak, my rigger is installing me a butt bungie.

Much like asking a mechanic to fill your car up with gas.

good thing all i had to pay was a smile and a hug cuz my rigger is also a good buddy. :P

Ahem-- not all harnesses have the loops on the leg pads, hot shot. And I don't think we're supposed to just sew our own loops on. ;) Kelly

hee hee hee - the purdy young lady called me a 'hot shot'

(I wonder, if as long as you sew the loops on the padding/trim area and stay away from the harness itself if you'd be ok. I don't know that one - good point, though in having a rigger sew the loops just to be safe.

Still, you have to admit the whole "hiring a mechanic to gas your car" was a good shot :P- I was contentious that day and weege is a good sport. I'm better now after the weekend.)

Weegegirl - I like your avatar - it's kind of like "go ahead punk - just try and do headdown with me - I dare ya"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants