Mathyaz

Hybrid Go big

Are there anyone who has experience with big hybrid groups? Groups with many, like 10-12, flyers on their belly and a handful in headup orientation? Any opinions on how the formation should be built?

What is the biggest hybrid formation built, and how many of the different type of flyers was it built with??

Hey,
I see that You are Norwegian so if You have the chance go to the Hercules Boogie, Chris DeBar will be there and I have been on a handful of his hybrid dives and seen him organize many more.

here are some pics from Evans homepage.
http://www.madstyle.net/gallery/album/030621

Tips on building big hybrids, start small, see what works, who should be where and build from there.
Ingen minns en fegis!

We did a 21-way at Summerfest (skydive Chicago) last year. 7 belly, 7 hangers, 7 stingers. It is ESSENTIAL to have good hangers, otherwise the jump will fail. Other than that it's just a normal big way with floaters, a base and divers. Stage the break-off stingers, hangers, belly.
Like Trent and the guys at Spaceland, we also did a round. Get the belly round built quickly, hangers dock in-between belly fliers, and have one key-man for the hangers so everyone goes down at the same time.

Good Luck

We have found the easiest way to get the basic 8 for a vSCR award is 4-way belly base with 4 hangers. Once that is built the vSCR is built and any stingers you can get on there is a bonus.
As said above, the single-person key is critical for getting all the hangers down together. Have them think about pushing hips forward when they go to the stand, or do a staged drop - go from belly to sit to stand.
But it is a shame to see how many experienced freefliers have difficulty docking on their belly quickly to get into the hanging positions....(and I am definately included in this group!).
Good luck!!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Thank you very much for the informative replies:)

Would really like to go to the hercules boogie, but even more I would like to stay here at Voss that same week for the Go Vertical Boogie Teppo Heikkinen, Juliana Se and Fabian Raidel and Funkflyz are some of the 12 freefly organizers.

We did two 16 way hybrid jumps a few days ago with Carl Erik and Torstein from deland norgies and freestyle World Champions Funkflyz. But World Champions and world class belly flyers didn't help,.....it collapsed.B|

Any opinions on how the separation should be done. Should the freeflyers separate before the belly flyers, should they go to their belly first????

What I have always done is the have stingers leave around 5.5-6.5 and open higher, hangers drop around 4.5-5.5, and the belly formation burns it down to 2.5-3.5 before breaking. I have seen a few formations go all back flat first but that seems a pretty good potential for a zoo, if someone doesn't come up clean.

Also having double grips is not necesarrily a must. I have done some jumps with four belly and two hangers, where the four ways breaks into two two ways and turn "points" with the hangers underneath. Another guy I used to jump with hangs off a chest strap with one arm, under a solo belly.

my .02

And don't forget, we are getting pretty good at turning the 3 way pieces too! A 6 way with 4 belly and two hangers breaks into 2 3-ways with 2 belly and 1 hanger, turns 360, and redocks. Stevie was a stinger on one of the pieces.

Blue skies,

Jim

"we are getting pretty good at turning the 3 way pieces too"

Nice work Jim.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The pic I posted was 21. As stated before the guy in the blue suit had some issues and Rook took his place durning the dive.
However I heard that there was some pretty big hybrids that Trent & Co were doing at Spaceland.