sunnydee123

Freefly suit needed....

Just wondering if any guys or girls out there might have suggestions on a good freefly suit company. I am a smaller girl and don't want a whole lot of drag (since I am TOLD I fall slow anyway) but it's that time.....I'm starting to work on headdown and just need to make the purchase.

Suggestions, comments, rude remarks :)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I can't believe you left Freedom Means Choice out of your list!

Karen (the owner/operator of FMC) makes some seriously kick ass suits for a good price, they're hand made by her and she's great to work with (good customer service).

When I ordered mine, I asked her if I could have it by Spring Break so I could jump it that week. She said she would try (this was going to put the suit delievery at just under 4 weeks). She had it to me about mid-week of the week before! Did she charge me extra? Nope, she was just being nice.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'd contact another woman and talk to her about a freefly cut for ladies. Sherry at Firefly is one of the best I've seen and she dials suits in for most people. Christina at Merlin might be able to help you too. Both companies have different philophies on material cuts so you need to talk to all the companies to find the one that fits your desires for a suit.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey Sunny,

A girl i fly with jumps a firefly suit, she's also on the small side and i know for a fact she's extremely happy with it. It fits perfectly and has to be one of the cutest suits i've seen.

bfbo's
peej

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I've got some calls out there.......want something sorta soon yet something good yet something within my budget. Is it possible? :o

Thanks for all the tips gang.........I'll be looking the part soon enough ;) and we all know that is critical....

Later ~

I know there are probably going to be a few who disagree with this but you should look into kurupee suits (kurupee.com). They are $169 including shipping and mine got here in four weeks. Mine fits perfect. I have only had it for about 40 jumps but I have access to a sewing machine if things go wrong. If you think about what can happen? The material is so tough, it is damn near impossible to rip it. The main thing that could happen is the seams coming apart, which a few of them already have; I just sewed them right up. This is what you will get for half the price. I just didnt want to pay 300 something for a firefly and wait 8-10 weeks (probably more). Not to say that firefly doesnt not make a great suit, but im talking about budget here. Anyways, it is worth a look. That is my opinion.

I've been thinking Kurupee for just that reason...cheap but also the guy who makes them has been around our DZ and I am pals with one of his roommates (although he has a girlfriend now and doesn't jumpmuch any more :().....

For a starter suit, they seem to be decent but I have also heard some of the seams come undone. I teeter between investing in something better and waiting or having something now and saving a few bucks....

Only time will tell...depends on my mood as to what I might do. Hell - maybe I'll hit up Target' and just get some regular old long pants with pockets. Regular clothes have done me well this far.....

bla bla bla....thanks!

Like I said, a couple of the seams have come undone. The thing is that i was doing the same thing that you are doing with the street clothes. My first jump with that suit was a whole different experience. Having equal drag is so important, or so it seems, especially when learning head down like I am. It just makes everything more stable.

edited to add: Lucky for me, my mom is good with the sewing machine!;)

Another thing that I forgot to add was that before I got my suit, I had a pair of army cargo pants that I got "converted" into freefly pants. I took them to an alterations lady and for $14 she added about 7 inches to the legs and put on velcro cuffs. I dont know if this helps, but it is an idea (better than having the legs flying up on you all the time).:)

Freakin' Suits are pretty badass too. I just got one and am SUPER happy with it. The sizing is perfect, and it's built really well. Another good thing is that the base price is 180 bucks. I got an extra pocket, some extra stripes, and rush shipping and it came to like, 240 bucks. ANNDDD, I got it in 10 days!!

The bad thing, they dont have a website that I know off. I believe they're built out of lake whales. Here's a number if ya want to give em' a shout.
863 679 9444 ask for sue ir angela

I attached a picture of mine;)

-edited to attach pics:S
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

How about making your own pants... there are really not that hard to sew. I designed and made my own for less than 20 bucks. Sure it takes a little while to make them but it's dirt cheap... If you need some info on how to make some PM me.
Here is a pic of the one I made. I put about 20 jumps on them and they work great!!!

"We see the world just the way we are...

YOU MADE THEM SNAZZY DRAWERS? Good for you my friend. For $20? Are you pulling my leg? Are you a seamstres by night (by day)? Well good for you - think I might opt to buy something since I don'th ave access to a sewing machine so after I purchased one and THEN the materials and THEN spent the time...you get my point. Good job!

Anyone considered the Keys Boogie? (I am so pushing the boogie wherever and whenever I can for my home DZ). Events and Gatherings or Talk Back - Florida Folks

OK ...see ya.....

HEY GANG.......I decided to go with Freak-N-Suit (for a bunch of different reasons) and am THRILLED I did. Not only did they give me a 3 week turnaround date but I just got it an entire week early (and that was with not one call checking on it).

The suit is awesome and I can't wait to fly it this weekend. Nice and fitted through the body, little drag on arms and just enough on legs. I can't WAIT to take pictures this weekend and share it with you all.........

I gotta call and thank them big time.....got my new rig last Sunday, my new suit yesterday and heading to a new DZ Sunday to once again work on the headdown stuff. Have a SUPER weekend everyone and thanks for all the info and suggestions :)