ColdDuck

The best freeflier ?

Best? Best at what? Publicity? Solo freefly? Team Freefly?

My guess is that somewhere out there is a better freeflyer than anyone we could possibly come up with, but this person isn't interested in getting publicity or competing.

I'll grant anyone here that Rook is a National Champion, but that was as part of a team. The concept of a single "best" is meaningless in freefly isn't it?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Totally agree - I can't see how you can judge this at all. Indeed, everyone will have an opinion of who they think is the "best", but you can't reasonably justify it I feel.
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

I can't decide who is the best out there. All well known freefliers are damn hot, great, awesome etc... So I reckon best freefliers who have ability to fly in any dimensions, creative plenty of ideas - way of fly, smooth etc... Flyboyz, Olav, Ippo and many other can do this piece of cake. I'll vote Omar Alhegelan because he is so brilliant at his sitflying, stand up, headdown and he have many ideas and great ability to creative way of flying. I dropped my jaws every time i saw him on some footages (national, world cup etc...) By the way, I haven't see footages of Rook Nelson and his team performed in National yet.

Max Cohn was the most professional.

Rook was very nice and at the time seemed to be very humble.

Most of the others I have met have been a jackass in one way or another (hint the goofier and crazier their hair looked the bigger the jackass)

oh...

Olav (who is supposed to have a rockstar attitude) did stop what he was doing at SummerFest and dig through his pockets for a patch to give to me.
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Since individual competitions, like the Space Games aren't around anymore... it's difficult to tell which individual flyer is the best.

As teams go? Alchemy seems to be the best in the world at this point. They have awesome skills, creativity, and they're nice guys too. What I've seen from Babylon and other European teams is awesome too, but look at the World Cup results from Vienna and Empuriabrava... Alchemy smoked everyone in Vienna and AZ tore up the Empuriabrava meet as guests (Alchemy wasn't there). My vote stays with Alchemy.
Oh, hello again!

In the States I believe Alaska Jon is pretty much up there, where as in Europe, the BABYLON crew are well out there with some cutting edge stuff. They didn't compete this year at Vienna, but watch out in GAP next summer! If you can get him to jump, Marco Mana is awesome, and then there's Loic Albert.....

the problem babylon has is the same as the one frick had initially, what they were doing was so new and inovative that the judges 1- didn't understand it and 2- didn't know how to judge

babylon no.1
frickno.2

then somewhere down the line all of u yank bastards!!

That is the best call I've heard in a while. For all the people who haven't heard of BABYLON or FRICK then check them out. How about all the freestyle compulsories but in the Atmonauti angle!?!?!! Looks mad.

PS Piers, still got you're Evolution video don't worry. Checked your profile and saw it was you!