Jessica

Mirage offers financing?

Just saw that flash on a banner ad up there. Is that a first? Does miragesys owe beer? I thought financing a rig was called "a credit card."

Depending on the details, it's a really cool idea. It's much more manageable to pay $100 a month or so rather than coming up with $1200 all at once.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Just saw that flash on a banner ad up there. Is that a first? Does miragesys owe beer? I thought financing a rig was called "a credit card."

Depending on the details, it's a really cool idea. It's much more manageable to pay $100 a month or so rather than coming up with $1200 all at once.

I can't remember exactly but I think you can finance the whole rig through them. I talked to Unisyn at Perris about it, it sounds like a good deal, especially for those just getting into the sport.
Fly it like you stole it!

Talking to Bill at Perris made it seem like they were going to do credit checks and issues loans to finance a rig if you buy it through them. Nice system and even nicer since they are offering it with only a few days to run the check and do the paperwork.

Look into it if you are needing a new container but can't fork the cash over today for one and have maxed out credit cards.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

fyi, I think with the current economy you can get a MUCH better loan than 9-11% that "total control" is offering. Loans in the neighborhood of 4-5 are not uncommon nowadays. Just look until you find a good loan, don't let the bank gouge 5 more % out of you.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I don't have much idea about current interest rates, but I would guess that they would be different between countries...

edit:
Bankwest AU$5k min personal loan. Secured: 9%, unsecured 11%

ANZ AU$5k min personal loan. 11-12%

Total Control: AU$3k min loan. 9-11%

It's what you'd pay anyway...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

normally what you use the loan for is a FACTOR on how high the percentage is, and of course the amount of the loan ;)

let my inspiration flow,

:(Watch out! Most offers like that just sell you a loan from a credit institute. Check out interest rates and see what you really pay! >:(

If you don't have the cash, and your credit cards are maxed out, how are you going to afford paying for the loan, and jumps???

When things sound too good or too easy, they usually are neither.

Be careful.

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

It would seem much easier and much more sensible if you need to finance a gear loan, go talk to a local banker and work 1 to 1. You know they won't try to sell you anything, and customer service can be conducted on a personal level.
Be carefulll people, These offers screw more than their share of people over.

sds
=========Shaun ==========

Thats what I would do.

I wouldn't get finance throught the place where I was buying something. They want you to take it because that is where they make more money.

I was just pointing out that Mirage isn't alone.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

if you need to finance a gear loan, go talk to a local banker and work 1 to 1.

Wouldn't getting a loan to buy skydiving gear be like getting a loan to feed your crack habit? I'm doing my best to pay for everything skydiving related in cash (I'm also jumping 5 year old gear that I'd prefer not to be jumping :S).

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

my container is 10 yo and i love it, the canopy is new though.
I financed my rig by selling a motorbike, I had 2 and cried as I sold the Cali cruiser.
But smiled when I jumped my rig:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

[QUOTE]Wouldn't getting a loan to buy skydiving gear be like getting a loan to feed your crack habit? I'm doing my best to pay for everything skydiving related in cash (I'm also jumping 5 year old gear that I'd prefer not to be jumping [/QUOTE]

Its common to buy sports gear on credit. People do it all the time, theres nothing shady or illegal about it at all. Now buying crack, that's a different story:S

let my inspiration flow,

if you need to finance a gear loan, go talk to a local banker and work 1 to 1.

Wouldn't getting a loan to buy skydiving gear be like getting a loan to feed your crack habit? I'm doing my best to pay for everything skydiving related in cash (I'm also jumping 5 year old gear that I'd prefer not to be jumping :S).

-
Jim

Ya but you can't use your crack that you buy with your loan thousands of times and then sell it used to someone when your done with it.

Hey, I just had a great idea!!! What about selling crack on the street to pay for your skydiving gear!!!!!!! Those little 4th graders will try anything to please a grownup!!
NO MORE GEAR LOANS FOR ME, GENTLEMEN!! :D

sds
=========Shaun ==========

my girlfriend works for Mirage and I asked her about the financing option. She said they use Wells Fargo for people who want to finance rigs. They apparently have the applications and if your credit is good you'll get approved. I dont think Wells Fargos intrest rates are too high but Im not sure.

Now you know......

The biggest advantage to the financing plan that Mirage is offering is the option of deferred payments. Having the option not to pay or pay the amount that you desire for up to 12 months is great. No interest is accrued during that time. The difference with a credit card is that you have to start paying on the principal and interest 30 days after paying your dealer. The Mirage Systems program gives the option to jump new gear without paying high interest. (Of course, you MUST be disciplined at making payments before the deferment term. Payments after that date will incur interest.)

Contact Justin at Mirage Systems [email protected] if you have more questions.

Yes, for those who qualify you have your options of 90 days, 6 months, and 12 months "same as cash".

Longer terms equals lower discount. Pay for it all now you recieve the largest discount but no payment terms.

This program is not recommended for everyone. Some people should NEVER use credit because they are not deciplined enough to make payments.

I personally think it is a great deal. I can order want I want and jump it relatively quickly. It gives me the option to make smaller payments the weeks that I am jumping and larger payments during the "off season". The most important. If I pay it off before the payment term. the financing didn't cost me interest.

I'm new to the sport, thinking about a mirage g3 or g4, new. don't have to, but wish to finance a new system. should i wait till i become more experienced and move to a smaller canopy before making this purchase? i hate wasting the money for rental gear. if i do buy, who offers great financing. i have excellent credit and can get 4% now from my own bank.

Ranger, with your low number of jumps you should really be talking to your instructors and getting their advice on rigs and canopies they think you should try. You're really not ready for downsizing below 1:1 either, but you can get a rig sized for a 1:1 canopy, as most rigs are designed to safely accomodate the next size down, so you would have a future downsizing option before selling the rig. Good used gear will save you money and give you experience, but you could alwys buy a new reserve.

Either way you go, getting the loan from your bank will get you a better interest rate AND give you the important freedom to choose whichever brand YOU want. You won't be tied in to one brand. Some of the feedback I'm hearing on this offer is that a lot of people don't think the Mirage is such an exceptional rig, not a bad one, but not clearly better than the rest either. They're at the high end of the price range for new rigs. I have to wonder why they're the only manufacturer, so far, to be making this offer.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !