LukeH

Canon Digital Rebel XTi / 400D

Main changes:
1) 10.1 MP
2) 9 Point Auto Focus
3) Anti-Dust (sensor shake and dust map)
4) 2.5" Screen replacing both main and settings screen of XT/350D
5) Larger buffer, 27 Large Fine Jpegs (up from 10) and 10 RAW (up from 4)

Expected to be available Mid Sept for $799 (body only), so expect to find cheap Digital Rebel XT / 350D for the next few months.

See here for more details.

And for those who are interested, Canon have also announced a 50mm f1.2L and a 70-200 f4 L IS

... and if you buy either of those can i borrow it?;)

Edited to add:
The frame rate for the rebel stays the same (3 fps)but the buffer goes to 10 shots in RAW or 26 in Jpeg i believe.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Be carefull with the Canon quoted frame rate. It depends on what you picture content is and even more so on the ISO. Higher ISOs result in a lower frame rate.
I'd also GUESS that if you are using Autofocus this MAY affect the frame rate too.

The quoted data for the Digital Rebel XT / 350D was:
2.8 fps, 14 JPEG or 4 RAW frames

This is the sweetest post I have read for a while and brightens up an otherwise sh!t week. Thankyou

Bought this week, I have a camera shoe, bite switch and ring sight sitting in my gear bag waiting for a 350d. I was going to try and find one next week. I reckon those bits of kit may just be staying off my helmet for another few weeks!!:)

Main changes:
1) 10.1 MP
2) 9 Point Auto Focus
3) Anti-Dust (sensor shake and dust map)
4) 2.5" Screen replacing both main and settings screen of XT/350D
5) Larger buffer, 27 Large Fine Jpegs (up from 10) and 10 RAW (up from 4)

Expected to be available Mid Sept for $799 (body only), so expect to find cheap Digital Rebel XT / 350D for the next few months.

See here for more details.

Plus, it has sensors that are more accurate when using f/5.6 and f/2.8 lenses, and you can change the histogram to RGB vs. luminance.

I'm gonna hold off a year, I think... unless I get a wild hair next time I'm home on vacation. It's basically down to this or the 5D...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Whoops, there goes my patient market research:(. I had just decided to spend some of my hard earned on a 350D (would have liked a 30D, but couldn't justify it).... now do I ...

(a) Wait for the 400D to become available and get one?
(b) Wait for the 400D to become available and get a 350D, which will then be cheaper?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

If it's your first freefall camera, go ahead and get the XT. It's more than enough.

My challenge was beating my 10D enough to justify the replacement. The 400 is it. I knew a plastic bodied "20D" was coming and I'm glad it's finally here.

Like I've been joking, I'll make you a great deal on my 10D!

:P

The 400 is it. I knew a plastic bodied "20D" was coming and I'm glad it's finally here.

I'd say the 350D is closer to a "plastic 20D", if there is such a thing.

I'd think the 400D would be BETTER than the 20D, but maybe I'm just basing this on the features I'd use.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com