PalleRai

Main Canopy for Camera?

Hi
Best main canopy for a cameraman ?;)

no doubt:spectre w/ dacron lines...never had any problems with it.Even when it opens faster it´s not hard, always on heading, and in the rare case of a linetwist,it´s no big deal due to the shape of the canopy...
Bb
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

It is a personal preferance... Mine is a Velocity... I've used Crossfires, Stilettos, and Spectres too... Jump different ones and decide which best fits your needs.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

i agree......your not gona find which canopy is best from the forums, its all about what you like and are copmfortable with. Me personally, with a huge bolling ball on my head i like a SLOOOOOW opening....so i jump crossfires.

Heres a quote from Eloy last year, from Deuce who jumps a Spector, after seeing on my video how my crossfire opens.

"Dude, you just sold me a Crossfire!"
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

The best canopy for camera is one that opens predictably.

To me, any canopy manufactured in the last 5 years meets this criteria.

I regularly jump a Stileto, but have also jumped while flying camera:

Icarus Crossfire, PD Sabre 2, Big Air Sports Lotus & Samurai, PD Spectre, Aerodyne Triathlon.

The debate of 7 cell vs 9 cell is unrelated to the issue of canopy choice for camera flyers. There are appropriate and innaproprite canopies in both categories.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a best canopy, but there is a reason why a lot of camera people jump Spectre canopies.

Personally, after my Triathlon whacked me pretty good a couple of times and it was time to downsize, I wanted something slightly more performing, and went to the Sabre2 150, which has been treating me very nice for the last 500 or so jumps.

Right now I am demoing again for the next canopy, I've been jumping a Stiletto 135 and I am going to try many more canopies, untill I find one I really like again.

My main criteria is reliable, soft openings.. and the Spectre is one of those canopies that does that.
I would like something with a little more performance, so I am not going to buy a Spectre, but it is an allround great canopy.

Right now I am demoing again for the next canopy, I've been jumping a Stiletto 135 and I am going to try many more canopies, untill I find one I really like again.

My main criteria is reliable, soft openings..

Then may i recommend Icarus Crossfire 129-139....try it, you may fall in love :P
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

My main criteria is reliable, soft openings..

Then may i recommend Icarus Crossfire 129-139....try it, you may fall in love :P

It's on my list my friend!! ha ha.. I've heard really good stuff about this canopy, and as I said.. I only just started demoing new canopies, and the ST135 was the first one available to me.

The list (roughly) is as follows:

Stiletto 135 (PD)
Sabre2 135 (PD)
Pilot 140 (Aerodyne)
Crossfire 139 (Icarus)
Vision 140 (Aerodyne)
Nitron 135 (Precision)
Nitro 135 (HiPer)

I jump both a Sabre 135 (about 200 cam jumps) and a Crossfire-2 119 (about 50 cam jumps). My Sabre opens more quickly, but it's always been gentle on me, and it always opens on heading. I love the nice soft openings I get with my Crossfire, but it's a little wilder, and always thinks about twisting as it's inflating. All thinks considered, I don't have a real preference, both work nicely.

Personaly I jump a velocity 103. I used to jump an FX 104. I alos recomend a spectre 170 with dacron lines. That was my military canopy when I was in, and it never opened hard. Dacron may not be the cool thing right now, but it will save your neck over time. I alos jump at 5-6000' msl so openings are usualy a little faster up here. In my opinion the Velocity is a Very complex canopy, so if you are not a canopy pro you probably shouldn't jump one.

depends on the size,by the way do you need a new canopy at this point??
You guys sure started to jump alot more after i left the dz then:P

anyway i would recomend a 265ish 7 cell f-111 canopy ofcourseB|but thats just me;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

vdschoor,

Why do you want to jump al 135's and from Aerodyne the 140's? Why not try there 132 Pilot & Vision.

Frank,

I might try their 132s as well, but since the 140s will be available to me soon (a friend is buying those) I will try those first.

Iwan

By the way the same goes for the Xfire, why not try the 129?
I hope you'll give some feedback of your demos.

The reason i'm asking is because i was looking for a 135-er aswell and started demo jumping a Pilot 140 but ended up buying a Pilot 124.

Frank

------------------------------------------------
NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.
(nothing is difficult for those who really want it)