freeflir29

Firewire cables?

If you're like most of us, you'll eventually end up with all the different combinations just to be able to do everything.

I found some FireWire cables the other day at Fry's in SoCal and I was amazed how inexpensive they've gotten. $7 for a 6ft 4-4 pin. I remember when folks were selling them for closer to $40.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I did get caught out once when I mail ordered some very cheap fire wire hard drive cables and they didn't work camera to camera. I never investigated but suspect there's two formats, one a crossover of the other.

I'm sure you know what you're buying quade. I share this as a general caution to others.

I can't comment on the money.. but the reason I didn't go with USB is .. performance.
USB still uses up the CPU, firewire doesn't :P

1.5 Gig of RAM???? I am getting along just fine using 256 in my laptop...
I should upgrade, but my next upgrade is a real one.. Mac.

Iwan

but I just paid 25 bucks at BestBuy for a 6ft 4pin to 6 pin firewire cable.

After heading to best buy expecting to get RAPED for a cable...They tried but I ain't givin up 39.99 for a Monster cable. I went online to www.pccables.com and ordered a 4-6 AND a 4-4 for 17.83 I think it was....WITH SHIPPING. They are both 6 ft cables too. B|

in general you are right. I have the option of 4 or 6 pin on desktop, but on my laptop, I only have 4 pin.
I buy Sony brand (or JVC, sony makes their cables) cables, but I buy them in Japan, HongKong, or Seoul for about $12 each, instead of the $40 they want here or in Europe.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

Also, although these are really new, there are firewire800 cables which are totaly different again.

Mostly seen on Macs, firewire800 IS available for PC. We have a LaCie 400 Gb Firewire 800/USB2 disk here in Thailand. And a Firewire800 PCMCIA card.

Fast!!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

1.5 Gig of RAM???? I am getting along just fine using 256 in my laptop...

I should upgrade, but my next upgrade is a real one.. Mac.

i too have no problems on my comp with 384mb of RAM, but i will invest a little somethin into another 512mb... hehehe, i'm addicted to speed!!!

oh yeah man, mac is the dream for every video editing guru... or should i say freak? :P

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org