mwabd1

Camera suit's........what's good, what's crap

Just looking for some opinion's. I have narrowed the list down to three, but if you know of a better suit please let me know.

Out of tony suit's, bev suit's, and the camera suit by skyhi visual productions. Which one is the best in your opinion? As far as how it fly's, construction and durability, etc. I will be ordering one in a couple of weeks and figured it was worth some feedback before I do.

Thanks.

What are you looking to film? That will determine whats the best tool for the job.

I like my Firefly 2 piece freefly camera suit. Bomber makes a killer suit and Merlin has a very niceone as well.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What brought you to your list of three? Why have you ruled out others?

Different folks are looking for different things... ?

I use a FireFly... you may want to give them a look.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I am using FliteSuit, and I am very happy with it.
Mine is basically a bodysuit with camera wings.

I mainly do RW filming, so this works great for me. I got a suit with booties for extra control. etc... It all depends what you want to film and what kind of flying you'll be doing.

Iwan

You can’t beat Tony for a well constructed and all around good-looking jumpsuit. I made over 300 hundred jumps with my Tony camera suit before it started to show any real wear, one of the booties is starting to rip. I can’t imagine ever replacing it with anything other then another Tony suit. That being said, I do have a Bev RW suit which has held up amazingly well under the torture of many Tandem jumps. I have tortured that Bev suit crawling around airplanes, sliding in landings, and packing in it when it has been cold. Basically I’ve done everything you shouldn’t do if you want your jump suit to last and somehow the suit has held together. Bev definitely makes her suits durable. I think Bev and Tony both make great products so you couldn’t go wrong with either.

Freefly has different requirements then what RW does. I know plently of people that do tandems in Freefly suits and then some that do them in RW suits too. Talk to the manufactors and tell them your goals and see what they suggest.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I made over 300 hundred jumps with my Tony camera suit before it started to show any real wear,

I've got 800 on my camera suit and it's not even begining to get tired.

For a working suit I can't recomend anything better than Flite Suit and Bomber Freefly.

When I worked for the company we would get a couple calls a year from some tandem instructor who needed a new suit cause his old one fell apart finaly. When asked what kind it was they would say "a FliteSuit", we would be shocked and ask, "well how long have you had it, how many jumps?"

They would sheepishly, or proudly reply "1500 jumps", "2500 jumps" "5 years" "8 years"! (These were real answers!)

Then they would ask for a discount!;)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have a Tony "C" wing jacket and it is great!! The only problem I had was when I ordered extra clips for my second rig, I found that the clips on the jacket were backwards. He Put the male clip on the jacket instead of the female. I had to take them off and sew on the backup pair I ordered. No big deal though.

Good luck.
Que sera sera

I have a Da'Kine FF suit that you can attach the wings in camera jumps. I like it because in the event you can cut away the wings wich happened to me last year after my wing got cough up on the door hinch, anyway I'll pos pictures as soon as I can.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

***For a working suit I can't recomend anything better than Flite Suit
=================================
Yep.

800 jumps one

1500 on another

250 on the newest one

No problems with materials or construction, all three are still going strong, and I'll be ordering another one this year.

They just work.

For a working suit I can't recomend anything better than Flite Suit and Bomber Freefly.

I second that!
I won my Flite camera suit form the photo contest here a cople years ago, and I have been using it since. Nice big wings, so I can sitfly with tandems with it. It is awesome.

No signs of wear. no doubt I would buy another if I ever need one, but it doesnt seem likely for a long time.

jeff D-16906

I have to agree with everyone's thoughts here on Flite Suit. I can't comment on their camera suit as mine is the Bomber Freefly suit -- but if it's just as durable, it will last a long time!

Believe it or not, my Flite Suit (freefly suit) has 550 tandems on it, 200ish freefly jumps, 50 AFF jumps, and about 20 times in the washer and dryer. Nothing has come apart on it and it's just now starting to show signs of thinness in the material due to all the heavy use.

With that said, there are a lot of quality manufacturers out there. But I know one thing for sure -- my Flite Suit sure is durable. (no, I'm not a sponsored jumper)

Blue Skies,

Bryan

I jump Body Sport's camera suit with max wings since I weigh in at around 210. I video tandems and affs. My first suit lasted around 5 years until it was cut off for medical treatment after a hard opening. Wasn't anything wrong with it and only showing wear at the knees. Had cordura knee coverings on the new one.

Bev Suit BABY! I have nearly 900 on my current suit and I use it for a wide range of skydives. I have had to fix it a few times but that is because I caught it on something and it tore. Other than that, it is holding strong. Very well built suit.

As you can see on all the posts, everyone has their favorite. Consider this like when you go to the ice-cream store. You can get chocolate or vanilla. It all comes down to which flavor you like. What you order is going to be up to you.

If it is possible I would jump some suits before you buy. If some of the guys at your DZ are willing to let you try them out don’t pass up that chance.

Just my two cents. Good luck finding the right suit and blue skies.