NoShitThereIWas

ProTrack Batteries

Ok so I have been to 3 Radio Shacks, 3 Longs, 2 Wallgreens and 2 Targets and no one seems to have the CR2330 batteries needed for the ProTrack Audible Alti. Does anyone know where I can get a supplier since these things seem to die faster than I can replace them?
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

The cr2330 batteries are kinda rare to say the least. I got mine from radio shack in richland washingon, but when they wore out I went to the shack in Yakima and was told they knew nothing about that number series........ your best bet is from para gear.... although most larger DZ's I have been to keep some on hand and I havent noticed a larger markup on the price..
Blue skies;
Roy R. Springer
D22369
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Doesn't it help to turn it off, and not leave it in it's passive "on" mode?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Cool thing... 2325's will work if you can find a nickle shim to put inbetween them. The numbers mean 23 is the diameter and 30 is the thickness. What I did last time was got 2 2340's (very common) and 2 2325's and used one of each. I've also used 2 2325's and the shim thing before. Total cost was 2.25 per 2 pack at my local Batterys plus. Radio Shack wanted about $3 per 2 pack if i remember right.

As long as the thickness is between 50-70 I've had it work. 55-65 has been the best range.

(I'm a cheap SOB :D)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've always ordered mine from radio shacks web page....usually get them in 2-3 day. I have noticed though that those don't last as long as the ones you get from L&B. Radio shack, ~50-100 jumps L&B 100+ just my experience.:|

Fly it like you stole it!

I think some people believe that they shut off after 14 hours like a Cypres.

Going through the trouble of shutting down every day has kept my used pro-track powered on the original batteries for 3 years and 210 jumps.

It certainly is easier to turn on than off! Of course no harm can happen if it turns on, unlike a Cypress. But did they have to make the menu system so cryptic? Of course not, thank capatilism for the upcoming Neptune! Competition is a good thing.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

They die REAL quick - but will last you at least 50 dives after the low battery warning gets going. I have over 100 dives on mine since the battery warning came on in January... I'm sure they only go flat cos of all the extra squealing they do. (Pro Dytter)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I've always ordered from Para Gear or got them at at large DZ.

It is interesting to hear that people are having problems with the life of their batteries. Mine last at least a few hundred jumps. Make sure you have it set on ECO (economy) mode and it will shut off after 14 hours on it's own.

Rock

My big problem is that my house is 2,000 ft higher in elevation than my DZ, so if I forget to turn it off (which I often do), it's on for a god 3-4 more hours than it needs to be, AND it's "working" during that time.

Just a thought for those of you who don't turn yours off...whats the elevation of your house compared to the DZ?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Turns out it does shut off after 14 hours when in "eco" mode.

Sorry for being so wrong about that, should have read the manual first.:S

In Texas we have a chain of batteries plus--they have the protrack batts and any other ones you my need--don't know if they are in Cal. but I think they are a nation wide chain.

there are Batteries plus stores in WA state too, i picked up new batteries for my protrack there on the way to the DZ last month..

Same problem here. The CR2330 could not be found anywhere. I tried Wallmart, RadioShack, Circuit City, CVS... Anyway, 23 is the diameter and 30 is the thickness. I got a 2335 and a 2325 from Radio Shack. The overall thickness is the same, 60, and they work. I wonder why they choose such an awkward size...
Memento Audere Semper

It must be a Euro thing more of a standard size over on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean....just a guess.

Larsen & Brusgaard
Mosevej 3
4070 Kirke Hyllinge
Denmark

I love mine..... what can I say I am a geekette... and everything I am doing is logged on my computer.:)
Amazon