LouDiamond

Nvertigo X helmet users

I did a search and didn't find anything that answered my question. I am looking at getting a camera helmet and I like the look of the nvertigo X but I am curious as to it's performance without a chin cup? I'm thinking of a side mount PC-X and thats about it. Also, does the nvertigo X run incredibly small like the old nvertigos?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Bonehead's products are superior. That's all...

Thank you Mr. helper. Hey look over there, is that who I think it is? Some where there is a village missing an idiot;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I know a copule guys that jump the Nvertigo X and they like it just fine (without the chin-cup). I also know a couple people that jump Mindwarps and Optiks and they like those too. I jump a 2kcomposites FF2 and I LOVE IT! I chose it because its almost impossible to snag anything on it and its comfortable. They also just got ratchet chin-cups so I'm eager to get mine (they come standard). Anyway, just find a helmet that fits your price range and needs and if your interested in 2k helmets, let me know, I'll hook you up.

if your interested in 2k helmets, let me know, I'll hook you up.

Dude, that was the only other helmet I really liked but the web site isn't more than a welcome page. i saw the pics of his set up with the D box and liked it. What doe sit run in US currency and what are turn around times?

My bad, I was thinking of cookie composites. i did however go to the 2k site and the FF2 lloks about the same. Any info you have bis appreciated.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

if your interested in 2k helmets, let me know, I'll hook you up.

Dude, that was the only other helmet I really liked but the web site isn't more than a welcome page. i saw the pics of his set up with the D box and liked it. What doe sit run in US currency and what are turn around times?

My bad, I was thinking of cookie composites. i did however go to the 2k site and the FF2 lloks about the same. Any info you have bis appreciated.

The FF2 goes around $540 plus shipping

The FFX is around $520 plus shipping

Shipping is about $40

you can check out

http://www.2kcomposites.com/html/products.html

for more info.

On the other hand an Optic with D box will run you $468 + shipping. And a Flat Top is $680.

My advice is go Bonehead, a much better product than any other helmet I've seen on the DZ.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

A helmet that I've heard good things about is called the RAWA. here's a link to a previous post with pictures. Very interesting chin cup that hides the ends of the straps.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hey Lou,
I have the Nvertigo X and it is so f-ing small that it hurts to wear it. I know, get a bigger one, right? Well, they are just sized wrong and I didnt really like the helmet that much to buy a newer (larger) one.

So I purchased the Hawkeye LS http://www.arrowdynamicsinc.com/hawkeye.html
in that exact color as well. I wore one for a day with a PC-120 attached in a Bonehead D-box. It had a chin cup and it was very comfotable in freefall. I had to get used to the weight on only 1 side though. As far as the chin-cup, I couldn't imagine not having one due to the weight of the camera. It just seemed to be a part of my head with the cup on as compared to just the strap.

Only drawback with the cup, you cant see yourself grin like a chestsire cat during shananagains thru freefall on your buddies video. ;)

The hawkeye is well padded and has a molded inner audible pocket for 2 dytters to boot. It also comes predrilled for the D-box so you don't have to do anything but screw that baby on there.

I feel that the Nvertigo helmet is just smaller than others and doesnt seem to fit a camera as well as others do, but that is just this guys opinion.

Cheers!

My bad, I was thinking of cookie composites. i did however go to the 2k site and the FF2 lloks about the same.

any web site for the cookie composites ? :)
good points for 2K:
- They are about to realease a cutaway system for the FFX and FF2 (cutaway is gona be compulsory in France soon)
- they propose an integrated setup of of the CamEyeII at a very good price: 32£ (something like 50USD) fitting included.

Alain

Thanks Jose, that's pretty much been my experience as well. I spend my money on something else. The Hawkeye LS looks pretty good too. I think I tried one on in Eloy in the gear shop during the boogie. Everything is still kinda hazey still :D

Cookie composites welcome page is http://cookiecomposites.com/ You can actually see one of their setups up close if you do a search in this forum with their name. the guy posted a pic and the set up looks balls on. Here is the thread I saw it in http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=276278;search_string=cookiecomposites;#276278

On another note, does anyone know if a PC-100,101,110,120 will fit in a sidewinder? Does anybody know where the still have some in stock or who is selling one?

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another option I am seriously considering is blade camera helmets http://www.bladecamerahelmets.co.nz/

I spoke with this gentleman and if he can make me a side mount without the flat top(like a sidewinder) I may just go that route. His prices are competative to what you'd spend piecing a helmet, box together and you can place a face shield in if you want.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I bought a NVertigo-X, without a chincup, and jump all the time with my PC9 and D-box attached. When I bought it, I had ~60 jumps, wasn't on here and didn't have access to the information that everyone else has here on dz.com at the time, but this is my opinion. I spent $290 for my Nvertigo-X, and although it works well, if I knew then what I know now, I would never have bought it, and would have bought a Bonehead. Jose jumped mine, and I think it is a lot like motorcycle helmets. Arai helmets are the only ones that fit me. Shoei are great also, but I can't wear them. Regardless of the size, my head is shaped to not like Shoei, and perfect in Arai. So long story short, try a couple of your friends, or if you jump near a Square 1,2,3, then try all different types and sizes, and see which one fits you best. Again, I think it comes down to personal preference...
Jose, I feel bad about what we did to your blow up doll, hehe...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Had a nx but did not like it at all,The sky dial was always sticking till it broke an no i did not over tighton it,would move a lot so you did't know were your shot was going to be over all i did not like it at all,Than i bought my Optik and love it!!! It's stays in the same place,it fits tight to my head and does not choke me like my Nx did,But that's just me!;)

I'm glad to see so many people are happy with their Optiks as I bought "Bone Bonds" to buy one in May (snow might just be melted up here by then). Bonehead is supposed to give excellent service if you need it and their product was well regarded by everyone I asked. I'm expecting a good experience come springtime.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

One of my friends has an nvertigo and his dial that tightens the helmet on the back broke shortly after he bought it.
I myself have a bonehead camera helmet and a Hawkeye camera helmet. I like the bonehead much more. I just like the snug fit of the bone head. The hawkeye is tight to put on but once it is on it fits a bit loose which makes me feel a little uncomfortable while flying camera. Since the bonehead is carbon fiber you can put it in the oven and then mold it to your head. So if I were you I would get a bone head or that cookie helmet.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Matt Davies