Ron

Nats round 10...Vixen

Lets just say history was made.

With three women on the team the team did round 10 topless.....NICE!!!!!!!

And no, I don't have pictures or video....But I did see the show. And I very much doubt the USPA will even mention it, or release the footage.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

As I said, our plane load was the funnest plane load of the comp. The video judging review was hilarious with the 4th team (we were 2nd, Vixen was 3rd) out taking a little extra jump run video in the airplane between the taping of the team board and their own jump. So it was viewed during judging

Even cooler, Vixen asked the teams on the plane if they minded before they doffed their tops - just in case any team in the load would be distracted. (no one objected....) Apparently, this is SOP for last rounds of any meet for them.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You should've been @ Eloy when they played the video on the big screen!:P

and then fast fowarded through it on the followup review - the moans and groans. It was funny

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You should've been @ Eloy when they played the video on the big screen!:P

and then fast fowarded through it on the followup review - the moans and groans. It was funny

Think it will make it on the official National's DVD? They'd definitely sell more copies if they do! :) Oh ~Tim~....!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It certainly was a cool plane - thanks for the mammaries.

Perris Sweet Spot - looks like you guys had a great meet. And to also have the most covetted video of the comp (though there was some sweet VRW too)..... Hope to jump with you all again someday.

4 teams and 1 pilot - 21 people. 4 naked torsos. 19%

Perris Sweet Spot - looks like you guys had a great meet. And to also have the most covetted video of the comp (though there was some sweet VRW too)..... Hope to jump with you all again someday.

I can understand the fun aspect of the topless dive that could possibly be appropriate at a local meet, but at the same time also see the disrepect to the USPA Nationals. I certainly do not condone this behavior.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I certainly do not condone this behavior..

as noted - Vixen asked the teams on the plane if they minded before they doffed their tops - just in case any team in the load would be distracted from the competition in round 10. If a team were to do anything like this, they did it as right as could be done.

I have serious doubts that their actions were in any way intended as disrepect for nats.

BTW - thanks for you hard work at this nats - I read yours and mr wagner's updates every day also

I certainly do not condone this behavior..

as noted - Vixen asked the teams on the plane if they minded before they doffed their tops - just in case any team in the load would be distracted from the competition in round 10. If a team were to do anything like this, they did it as right as could be done.

I have serious doubts that their actions were in any way intended as disrepect for nats.

BTW - thanks for you hard work at this nats - I read yours and mr wagner's updates every day also

Perhaps, there may be some merit to the teams present approving or disapproving, but maybe not.
The video was judged live for 4-way. It was sent to the judges and to the hanger and to DZTV monitors in real time.
It was a PUBLIC event.
The video reflects upon the host, Skydive Arizona, and the National Organization, USPA, that conduct the event.
The Vixen team may not have intended to malign Nationals, but I think they did create an 'issue' that may see some future rules of conduct or responsibility from the teams.
If Vixen was good enough to be in medal contention, their actions could be construed as interference.
Even the request, could be interference. If you want to go down the street of women jumpers being taken seriously, and respected for their abilities, then Vixen shot that all to hell.
I have been privy to many aspects and daily discriminations based upon gender. I do know that most people will not say anything. That is a travesty. I do know that some of the judges were offended and that they will not make any type of formal complaint. They expect USPA to take over.

I have seen women's teams progress and gain stature within the skydiving community over the past 10-15 years.
This is a big plus.
I think I was one of the first women to earn a 1st place at Nationals in 1992.
When I see other women shoot that down and go for the 'tits' routine, I am aghast.

I want to see the best jumpers at Nationals. I do not care if they are men or women.
I do care when a team deliberately undercuts the gains than have been hard sought by a minority.

Updates to Omniskore were a multitude of updates. Tim and I did many updates and I also produced the TV scoreboard, a new feature for OmniSkore.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

You make several strong points and I understand and respect them all. it should be an interesting discussion if more pitch in. I'm sorry I didn't get the opportunity to say hi and shake you hand, BTW. I did get to thank Tim in person.

Perhaps, there may be some merit to the teams present approving or disapproving, but maybe not.
The video was judged live for 4-way. It was sent to the judges and to the hanger and to DZTV monitors in real time.
It was a PUBLIC event.
The video reflects upon the host, Skydive Arizona, and the National Organization, USPA, that conduct the event.

And most found it quite funny. Same could be said of the antics of another team that got a judges award for 10 way antics.

If you want to go down the street of women jumpers being taken seriously, and respected for their abilities, then Vixen shot that all to hell.

Nah, no more than nakid people running around a bonfire IMO.

I do know that some of the judges were offended and that they will not make any type of formal complaint.

And I know some of the judges thought it was great.

I think I was one of the first women to earn a 1st place at Nationals in 1992.
When I see other women shoot that down and go for the 'tits' routine, I am aghast.

They went to the nats to have fun. I applaud them.

I want to see the best jumpers at Nationals.

So there is no place for the team that wants to have fun? If that is the case then only 5 or 6 teams need to bother showing up since they are the only ones that will win.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

There's a choice to be made. Take the action of 3 women and one man (and the excellent camera teammate) who are having harmless fun and:

1 - try to extrapolate that to obscure positions about ALL FEMALE SKYDIVERS and their image in the sport, or;
2 - you just take each skydiver as an individual competitor and not extend that to others in the sport

I lean towards #2, but I have to acknowledge that Jan is speaking for those in #1 that might not be so open. (ooooooooh, that is SO self serving)

I disagree with her on this specific issue, but I think her intent is honest and well meaning.

1 - Vixen is a coed team, it was a team bonding thing, not a 'female' thing.
2 - if half were thrilled and half were upset, I'd have to say it was a non-issue either way
3 - if, for example, we were in 3rd and close to 2nd, and tanked our exit in round 10 (we didn't, we had a very nice round, over shot the photon finishes quite a bit, but still pretty nice), I'd take credit for not concentrating for 'whatever' reason and not pass the buck to the people in the plane - heck, when I'm in zone, they could be juggling and riding unicycles and I wouldn't hardly notice.
4 - I'd call interference on a team that pushes or makes physical contact with an exiting team. That's about it.
5 - Heck, the gas from one (unnamed) cameraman on the plane was a bigger distraction.

Finally, as for Ron off coaching the competition, well, that's just plain unsavory and if I didn't have a torn knee, we'd have caught him and punished him

>Heck, the gas from one (unnamed) cameraman on the plane was a bigger distraction.

Indeed. I know one team that brags about the stink their cameraman can produce, and plots to sit near the door (so they can keep it closed.)

Word is that the better skydiver you are (skygod) the more pungent the gas expelled...:|:P:ph34r:

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I can understand the fun aspect of the topless dive that could possibly be appropriate at a local meet, but at the same time also see the disrepect to the USPA Nationals. I certainly do not condone this behavior.

Lighten up Francis!

Every once in a while it takes some team like the Vixens to come along and make Nationals fun again (it can be fun AND competitive). From their packing outpost with the banner "We may suck...but not at 4-way" to their 10th round antics they were a blast. Thanks girls. For the last fun team like that you have to go back to Sonic Force. Showing up with blue jeans that had grippers sewn on. Then doing 4-way only to flip a formation into a horny gorilla.

There have been honorable mentions like Team Krugeraand showing up at Roger's DZ (Skydive Chicago) and competing in Open Class. But Sonic and the Vixens have a place in history.

From the Skydiver's Competition Manual...

Para 1-1.7 Equipment & Clothing:

E. Controversy concerning competitor's equipment suitability will be settled by the Meet Director, whose decision will be final.

So... what did the Meet Director have to say about Vixen's toppless round 10??

Also... anyone ask them why they did it??