rehmwa

White Gloves

I keep looking for all white receiver's or batter's gloves. hard to find - anyone have any websites I can try.

The NSL gloves I used for a season seem cut for fat hands (too short in the fingers yet too wide in the palm). It's too bad, the Neuman's are nice, but annoying if they don't "fit like a glove". This is kind of like trying to find athletic cut dress shirts (why do shirt makers just assume everyone is pear-shaped?), you need to belong to a club or something to get a fit.

The Mizuno batting glove seem to be cut to the right proportions for me. That's about it.

Any ideas? I'm all out of sports equipment stores to look in. Anyone know if the Neuman's can be stretched (I could try the next smaller size for the palm and then try to extend the fingers an inch.) Maybe someone knows of a glove that is most stretch material?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Have you tried golf gloves? The only problem is, that they come single. But in a good sport store they have them also for left-handed people - with the opportunity to select the size individually.;)
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

I keep looking for all white receiver's or batter's gloves. hard to find - anyone have any websites I can try.

The NSL gloves I used for a season seem cut for fat hands (too short in the fingers yet too wide in the palm). It's too bad, the Neuman's are nice, but annoying if they don't "fit like a glove". This is kind of like trying to find athletic cut dress shirts (why do shirt makers just assume everyone is pear-shaped?), you need to belong to a club or something to get a fit.

The Mizuno batting glove seem to be cut to the right proportions for me. That's about it.

Any ideas? I'm all out of sports equipment stores to look in. Anyone know if the Neuman's can be stretched (I could try the next smaller size for the palm and then try to extend the fingers an inch.) Maybe someone knows of a glove that is most stretch material?

I have a pair of white back Reeboks (with grey leather palms), lasted about 4 seasons so far. Picked them up at Sportmart. They fit fine, and I have long fingers too. ALL WHITE may be a problem.
www.freak-brother.com

I'm using a pair of mechanic's gloves form HomeDepot. I think HomeDepot is only over here in the colonies B|. But, if you have any building supply companies you might check with them. There are all kinds of really good trade gloves being made to day, some with textured gripping surfaces and in a varity of colors.

Cheers

Golf gloves - fit fine. last choice

Equestrian gloves - great idea and one I haven't pursued, thanks for the link

Small Neumans, fingers are too short in the mediums, let alone another size down

I hit the Mizuno site and ordered a pair directly on a model that fits, the wife will try fabric paint if the little bit of color on the pair I got videos poorly. I'll definitely hit the equestrian site also. hopefully they have a sizing chart.....

thanks everyone

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm using a pair of mechanic's gloves form HomeDepot. I think HomeDepot is only over here in the colonies B|. But, if you have any building supply companies you might check with them. There are all kinds of really good trade gloves being made to day, some with textured gripping surfaces and in a varity of colors.

Cheers

I don't think mechanics gloves come in white, what do you think?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Also look into a pair of handball gloves or racketball gloves. They're ususally really cheap and generally white (some with a little bit of color on the back of the hand), besure to get unpadded.

Check here:

http://www.wallsports.com/prod01.htm

Specifically this:

http://www.wallsports.com/images/WA2001,%20back.jpg

$20USD, not too bad.

I don't think mechanics gloves come in white, what do you think?

Sparky

Nope, but you can get neon green, safety orange, yellow and red , which will show up on video pretty well...

That and camo print design and black mix which works not as well.:P

http://www.mechanix.com/detail.asp?product_id=MG
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sweet, thanks.

All I need to do now is find those equestrian and racketball gloves somewhere so I can try them on before ordering on line.

(Or, since we aren't that fast, just flash bigger)

I like Neumans – they are pretty comfortable and can be easily washed. The only downside is cost. Could you post a link when you are done with research?

?? - The Neuman's I got were the skyleague ones to help support Kurt's efforts. Real nice, just not proportional to my hands. the store at www.skyleague.com I'm a picky bastard.

I have Mizuno batting gloves with green lycra and white leather which might be too dark on order (through Amazon). I won't know until we start to get new video if the green mucks up video, but they have bright red and orange lycra with the white leather also, very bright. If those aren't satisfactory, I'll be checking out the racquetball gloves recommended by Dave and the equestrian glove by Bettina. Those sites are posted here already. But that won't be until March. It's winter here so no real 4-way with video until after tunnel camp.

Correct on some fingers and a bit too long on others. I'm thinking about re-sewing those fingers shorter.

Bring on the ones with the long fingers.... Based on this, I'll just try on a few pairs in March while in town at NSL and Skyventure. Maybe I'll get lucky.

could very well be. just wasn't sure if they meant the actual glove itself WAS better or looked better.

I found the SkyVenture gloves seem to be from a better cut of leather and last longer.

They seem to be thicker.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334