Allballs

Stunt Junkies Tonight

I just hope that I do not hear the words "first to do this" uttered in that show. It's far, far from the first time that has been done. The stomachs of Rixter Powell, Craig Girrard, and Charlie Mullins (just a short list) must be turning.

Chuck

Meh, you just got to take it with a grain of salt, it's whuffo fare after all. They don't know that 230 ft. BASE jumps are done everyday without rocket asisst, or that Troy Hartman was flying the Cessna for the aerial transfer, or that the canopy pilot shooting outside video for the shark cage swoop landed with the sharks.

To me, by far the most impressive stunt on the show is Jeb and Eli keeping a straight face through out it. :):)
-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I do enjoy how they make a 270 seem like a SUPERFANTASTIC DEATHDEFYING ONE TIME ONLY LAZER LIGHTSHOW SPECTACULAR

I watched last night, it seemed to me that he was being very cautious... that was definately not as low or as fast as he could swoop... but if I was in the same position I'd probably make the same choice there.

The bungee basejump looked freaking sweet tho! His release was incredibly stable... perfect execution.

I can't believe they played and replayed the jumper's biffed landings though... thats not what the show should be about.
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

To me, by far the most impressive stunt on the show is Jeb and Eli keeping a straight face through out it. :):)
-Blind

Oh shit....now that right there is some funny stuff. I have been sitting on my couch during these shows saying damn near the same thing to my wife.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

I like how the stunt shown, wasn't really the same at the stunt that went wrong. The stunt on Stunt Junkies was directly through a hangar. The one that crashes was going around a door of a hangar.
Both of them were pretty sick though. Almost no clearance on the top of the canopy on the Stunt Junkies one. I'll be on that show soon enough doing a cutting edge swoop on my 280, over some sharp rocks, while closing one eye!:P

I also was a little bit confused the first time I saw the clip.

But he did the swoop on a go-fast vx.

I think the clip you saw from the velo opening was from some outside videoguy. At 00.53 when Joao flies in through the hangar, you can see a guy swooping left by the hangar on a Velocity. The velopilot also had a yellow helmet on, Joao had a fullfacehelmet on.

I think that PD payed some cash to get the velo clip in there = productplacement.

And it is clear to everybody that this stunt can't be made on a velocity. Theese kind of stunts are for VX's onlyB|;):P

I am pretty damn sure that Joao did the actual stunt under one of Luigi's old VX's. Isn't Joao PD sponsored? The other canopy he was practicing the stunt under was a logoed Velocity.

Edited to add that I think they probably ought to rename the show "GoFast! (registered trademark/do not copy) Junkies."